Macro to switch between grid profiles?

I have 2 profiles, 1 for general use and 1 for raids. Is there a way to switch within those profiles with a macro?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Macro to switch between grid profiles?

I'm wondering if this is possible with modifiers?

Yep, I use 2 profiles: one called "Default" and one called "Arena" and here is the macro I use to toggle between the two:
    Code:
    /script if (Grid:GetProfile() == "Arena") then Grid:SetProfile("Default") else Grid:SetProfile("Arena") end
    You will have to change the names from "Arena" and "Default" to fit your profile names of course.

That's awesome, big thanks to you chrixian

Is there any way how to set this macro for 3 or more grid profiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomcaller
    Is there any way how to set this macro for 3 or more grid profiles?
    I think you have to use "modifier" option. This macro only switch beetwen 2 profile, you can improve it adding shift or ctrl to multiply choise.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

You could probably set it up to "rotate" through profiles... If profile=Arena then change to Normal, if profile=Normal then change to Raid, if profile=Raid then change to Arena, for example.

And now that I've said it, time to do it, huh? This script should rotate Grid profiles from Arena to Normal to Raid, then start over at Arena.
    Code:
    /script if (Grid:GetProfile() == "Arena") then Grid:SetProfile("Normal") else if (Grid:GetProfile() == "Normal") then Grid:SetProfile("Raid") else Grid:SetProfile("Arena") end end
    Coded from memory and without my usual indenting method of tracking ends, so no guarantees this will work, but it should be damn close - probably a minor syntax error or something.

Deleted
    Hi,

I'm sorry to bump such an old thread, but after trawling for about an hour on Google I really can't find the answer I'm looking for.

Basically the above macro is exactly what I need, however it no longer seems to work. Currently I get the following error if I try to use it:

Date: 2011-05-16 19:58:19
    ID: 7
    Error occured in: Global
    Count: 1
    Message: [string "if (Grid:GetProfile() == "One Row 40") then..."] line 1:
    attempt to call method 'GetProfile' (a nil value)
    Debug:
    [C]: GetProfile()
    [string "if (Grid:GetProfile() == "One Row 40") then..."]:1: in main chunk
    [C]: RunScript()
    ..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2044: ?()
    ..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4221: ChatEdit_ParseText()
    ..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3832: ChatEdit_SendText()
    ..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3870: ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed()
    [string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1:
    [string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1

I'll admit that I'm not the greatest when it comes to reading errors such as the above, so I can't really tell what the issue is with the macro. Would someone kindly let me know why the macro no longer works, and is there an updated version of this macro that does work?

Thanks very much.

The error suggests that command is no longer present, and therefore attempting to call it is returning a null value.
    While I cannot immediately find a way of returning the current profile, I did after some time looking around find a command to switch to a named profile, where ProfileName is the name of the profile.

Code:
    /grid profile choose ProfileName
    Not sure if thats any help or not.

Deleted
    Yeah, that's the macro I'm currently using. Was just hoping for a one-click macro though instead of 2, but I guess it'll have to do.

Thanks anyway for the response.

You could use this macro to switch between 2 profiles, not the "cleanest" but it works..

Left-Click changes the first profile (PvP)
    Right-Click changes to the second profile (Default)

Code:
    /grid profile choose Pvp
    /stopmacro [button:1] 
    /grid profile choose Default

Sorry for semi-necro'ing this thread, but I found a solution for using switching between 3 profiles based on Gadava's post:

Code:
    /grid profile choose 25-man
    /stopmacro [mod:shift]
    /grid profile choose 10-man
    /stopmacro [button:1]
    /grid profile choose 40-man
    Left click = 10-man profile
    Shift+left click = 25-man profile
    Right click = 40-man profile

I find myself switching between these a lot whenever I do random BG's! Note that this means you can't use a keybind for that button (not that you would need to).

Because of it being something you don't need to do in combat or at short notice, then you could easily bind it to a key well out of the way with the bonus of it being something you won't hit accidentally.
    Not every binding has to be convenient, sometimes with good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because of it being something you don't need to do in combat or at short notice, then you could easily bind it to a key well out of the way with the bonus of it being something you won't hit accidentally.
    Not every binding has to be convenient, sometimes with good reason.
    My point was that since it uses [button:1] condition, you can't "right click" a keybind.