Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Updated Druid Forms - Night Elf Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclown

That's only accurate if you want to talk about purple back ~500 years ago. I'm talking about in the current year of 2009.
    Really, now? You may have me on the regality, wisdom, whatever in current times, but purple is still used today to represent wickedness, cruelty, death, etc, today. Let's take a few examples from the game you, yourself, play: warlocks; warlock's are supposed to be a "necessary evil". They're class icon is a purple hand, they cast purple shadow bolts and have at least two tier sets that include purple. Shadow priests; shadow priests ARE purple.. shadowform? let's not forget mind flay, mind sear, mind blast, etc. Death Knights; Anti-Magic bubble thing, death grip, several icons, death runes, etc. Rogues; cloak of shadows, several tier sets..

And let's not forget countless movies in which villains wear costumes/outfits/skin color is or has purple in it.

Beautiful sig made by Nicolette

GJ Blizz for those smexy Pink Nelfs. I was just about to reroll so its my lucky day! ;D ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl
    Really, now? You may have me on the regality, wisdom, whatever in current times, but purple is still used today to represent wickedness, cruelty, death, etc, today. Let's take a few examples from the game you, yourself, play: warlocks; warlock's are supposed to be a "necessary evil". They're class icon is a purple hand, they cast purple shadow bolts and have at least two tier sets that include purple. Shadow priests; shadow priests ARE purple.. shadowform? let's not forget mind flay, mind sear, mind blast, etc. Death Knights; Anti-Magic bubble thing, death grip, several icons, death runes, etc. Rogues; cloak of shadows, several tier sets..

And let's not forget countless movies in which villains wear costumes/outfits/skin color is or has purple in it.

I'll give you that. I definitely wasn't trying to read too deep into the psychological attributes to colors. Though, I definitely wanted to just state my opinion of it since that's all I can really back up. I just want to keep this from that kind of generalization.

I could go into how I like the color orange and that the color orange is usually liked by people with such and such a personality type, but I know that it's all a bunch of bologna. I just don't feel there's enough of a variation in the color schemes in the new cat forms to point out even one that looks remotely masculine. /shrug

People who speak in the plural "we" are really annoying. (Referring to poster above) IMO let people speak for themselves, you're probably the last person anyone wants as a spokesperson.

night elf cat == girls
    tauren cat == boys

=DD

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclown

I'll give you that. I definitely wasn't trying to read too deep into the psychological attributes to colors. Though, I definitely wanted to just state my opinion of it since that's all I can really back up. I just want to keep this from that kind of generalization.

I could go into how I like the color orange and that the color orange is usually liked by people with such and such a personality type, but I know that it's all a bunch of bologna. I just don't feel there's enough of a variation in the color schemes in the new cat forms to point out even one that looks remotely masculine. /shrug

People who speak in the plural "we" are really annoying. (Referring to poster above) IMO let people speak for themselves, you're probably the last person anyone wants as a spokesperson.
    Well, let's just remember that this still isn't released, there's still more than enough time for Blizzard to come up with a couple more more "masculine" NE cat forms. And even if they don't, the blueish cat in the right corner has no pink, purple, or mauve in it. And besides, once they are released, people will warm up to them and all will be well. In Pre-BC, everyone was pissy about how "gay" male BEs were, and now BEs (even if not male in game...) are still the most populated race.

Beautiful sig made by Nicolette

blizzard get to work on moonkin and tree of life forms now!!! >

10+ Year Old Account

Personally, I like the Night Elf cats more then the Tauren cats. That being said the Tauren cats are a much bigger improvement from the old ones. Plus the Tauren bears kick the crap out of the Night Elf bears.

I like the look of the nelf cats way better than the tauren ones. But grats to all you taurens who finally gets a good looking catform

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbsie
    I like the look of the nelf cats way better than the tauren ones. But grats to all you taurens who finally gets a good looking catform

Yeah the current tauren cat form looks like a somekind of hunter pet from barrens.

Yea Nelf cats look better but i gotta give the edge to taurens in bear form. That being said, both forms for each look great. GJ Blizz.

15+ Year Old Account

I might just level a druid because of these form changes...

PPL i don’t see why everybody complains...
    For the tauren one... a tauren is a hairy cow that change shape so they still need to look like a tauren they have also normal eyes and so on..... (BTW tauren forms look GREAT) (JEALOES :'( )
    And for the Nelf one... they change into a spirit beast because of the training from a beast god that teaches you to shape shift you can also see they have different eyes! (LOOKS ALSO GREAT) ;D
    So blizzard made them just like they intend to!!!

So it’s not a male female story but a change in bone structure and a shape shift!!! ;D

Re: Druid Forms - Night Elf Cat & Color Associations

I don't see cause for complains to begin with, these look awesome :>

Can it be treeform time now?

They should have made the Night Elf cats look more masculine like this IMO:

15+ Year Old Account

you all rolled night elves, masculinity went out the window as soon as you hit accept on the char creation screen

Mmmm...

I am very disappointed as well with people associating purple and pink as gay. Seriously, guys... Your parents forced gender roles on you too strongly.

Colors enhance life experiences, and if you are going to have a hemorrhoid or quit a game over a simple lavender hue, I don't know what to say to you. Good luck? Stop sitting on that stick that is starting to work its way into your ass?

But seriously now, don't hate just because its different.

I am sure the forms will all look better in-game with environment lighting on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymo
    Mmmm...

I am very disappointed as well with people associating purple and pink as gay. Seriously, guys... Your parents forced gender roles on you too strongly.

Colors enhance life experiences, and if you are going to have a hemorrhoid or quit a game over a simple lavender hue, I don't know what to say to you. Good luck? Stop sitting on that stick that is starting to work its way into your ass?

What made "Quit a game" green?

But seriously now, don't hate just because its different.

I am sure the forms will all look better in-game with environment lighting on them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by greven
    Second on the post, first on stupidity.

To be honest. The model is awesome, nothing I wouldn't expect. But it says Female all over the place. My Druid is a female Char, but for the ones that aren't... it seems a bit ghay.
    tbh what is your problem?

So the only way to get (Tauren) brown cat is having the piss-yellow bear?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.