MLG Live Stream - why have it on the front page?

Why do you need to have the MLG Live Stream on the front page of the site? It is very annoying when all I want to do is check the news. It goes slow and every time it asks me wether I want to install a plugin needed for the stream to work. Well I don't.

Why on Earth would you put the steam on the first page!? Could just make a link to it instead. Please.

Re: MLG Live Stream - why have it on the front page?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc
    Why do you need to have the MLG Live Stream on the front page of the site? It is very annoying when all I want to do is check the news. It goes slow and every time it asks me wether I want to install a plugin needed for the stream to work. Well I don't.

Why on Earth would you put the steam on the first page!? Could just make a link to it instead. Please.
    Because MMO-Champion gets more viewers that way, which means more money.

its out of place and it fucks up the site layout. Sorry to say but in annoys the shit out of me.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

It also takes me FOREVER to load the front page because it has to load that live stream before it loads any of the news...

15+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't mind it if that stupid plug in thing didn't white out the whole page so I can't click anything. How long is this crap going for?

Anyone elses stream disappear just now?

I usually have my internet browser on with 3-4 panels open one of which is mmo-champion but with the steam talking all the time it's just annoying, i have to remove the panel and visit the site again when i wanna refresh the page for updates. Just a minor inconvenience, but i hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

agree, it is very annoying. please remove this shit.

in the meantime, use the rss feed url instead:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...d=2.0;sa=news;

it doesn't show the stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc
    Why do you need to have the MLG Live Stream on the front page of the site?
    Because mmo-champion are probably being payed a ridiculous sum of money to display it in the front page and/or is part of their contract with MLG to do so. If you could make ALOT of money from simply adding an extra window to your websites frontpage whilst slightly inconviniencing a minority, you would do so too.

I agree, not with Dakaa, but with this stream annoying the hell out of me. I'm on some slow internet at the moment and it takes me forever to see any of the news. :-\
    That is all.

1. Use Firefox.

2. Install NoScript. http://noscript.net

3. Only allow what you want to see...Gamebattles.com is what you want to block.

It's easy to set up and makes Firefox safer and less spammy if you allow only what you trust.

Let them put up whatever they want on their site if it brings any profit.

Thank you for your feedback.