Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Guess what? Another Ret pala pvp hotfix nerf!

This is much needed and a good call by blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm
    OMG!

This cant be true, what they wanna do to us in PVP? They really want LOLRET back.

We already cant kill healers, with this change we will only kill 15k health healers with no resil (and will still be hard if they trinket HoJ).

As said before, isnt funny anymore.
    mages cant kill healers alone either
    so what?
    they live with that for eternity and guess what, it doesnt make them not viable in pvp

stop crying and stop protecting ret op pvp state (first thing blizz should do tough is remove the talent that makes avenging wrath ignore 50% of dmg reduction effects)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

This is them fighting for you rets to keep your burst. They're letting you see the big numbers come up on the screen still while nerfing the hidden portion of your burst. I've said it before and I'll say it again. When you apply Vindication you are causing more damage that the combat log says. On someone who has 1150 STA and 20k HP, you've y taken 2.3k of their HP away, that's around 12% of their max HP worth of damage you've done. Damage that they can't heal back. Damage that can't be mitigated by anything but stacking more stamina so that they are left in a better place after the reduction. It was a nerf to your "burst". It was just the hidden component so you are allowed to still hit as hard as you do in other areas (allowing them to not nerf the shit out of you in PvE for the sake of PvP).

Deleted

you shouldn't be too disappointed.
    this nerf could make room for some upcoming buffs like further utility/cc.
    it isn't such a big nerf either. rets can still one-hit plp with some rng crit luck...

just wait for the big overhowl!

Gj blizz..now Retri pala can kill healers! Especialy three
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Zelt
    you shouldn't be too disappointed.
    this nerf could make room for some upcoming buffs like further utility/cc.
    it isn't such a big nerf either. rets can still one-hit plp with some rng crit luck...

just wait for the big overhowl!
    Yeah, keep waiting guys, they'll fix Ret in 3.2 )))))

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    mages cant kill healers alone either
    so what?
    they live with that for eternity and guess what, it doesnt make them not viable in pvp

stop crying and stop protecting ret op pvp state (first thing blizz should do tough is remove the talent that makes avenging wrath ignore 50% of dmg reduction effects)
    Yes, mages can. If you spec frost, you can chain a stun and a silence to kill them. If you're arcane you can just missile barrage proc blow them away in a silence. Also, comparing a ranged class to a melee is really smart.

Oh ya, get rid of sanctified wrath (the talent you're talking about). That way ret will absolutely without a shadow of a doubt NEVER KILL A HEALER EVER AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by omegatrigun
    I wasn't talking 1v1. In arena, healers are hard to kill for ret.
    Even though ret has a partner, so do you, so it's still hard for ret to kill healers.
    I've met alot of succesfull retpaladins in 2v2 and 3v3, I don't know whats seperating you from the retpaladins 2,5k+.
    My Shaman: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Zvarderlol

Quote Originally Posted by Claym
    This is them fighting for you rets to keep your burst. They're letting you see the big numbers come up on the screen still while nerfing the hidden portion of your burst. I've said it before and I'll say it again. When you apply Vindication you are causing more damage that the combat log says. On someone who has 1150 STA and 20k HP, you've y taken 2.3k of their HP away, that's around 12% of their max HP worth of damage you've done. Damage that they can't heal back. Damage that can't be mitigated by anything but stacking more stamina so that they are left in a better place after the reduction. It was a nerf to your "burst". It was just the hidden component so you are allowed to still hit as hard as you do in other areas (allowing them to not nerf the shit out of you in PvE for the sake of PvP).
    DISPEL DISPEL DISPEL DISPEL DISPEL DISPEL

Ever heard of it?

Never make blanket statements like this...oh wait.

I haven't PvP'ed since Lich King went live. I only did a little wintergrasp and strands just to experience it. Other than that, ive just given up on PvP in this game. It's not worth the aggrivation of "flavors of the month" and constant nerfs.

Savor this nerf and look at the bright side.

If an class is so powerful among less skilled players that it dominates but totally ineffectual against the best players in the world whose skill is high enough to counter it, we don't think that makes it balanced.
    "If Ret is dominating against you, you're a less skilled player. If you're a highly skilled player, Ret is ineffectual against you."

in other words, if you find Ret OP, YOU SUCK! Straight from a dev. That should shut up a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by Zvarder
    I've met alot of succesfull retpaladins in 2v2 and 3v3, I don't know whats seperating you from the retpaladins 2,5k+.
    Maybe because I don't play one anymore. Just because they're successful, doesn't mean healers are easy to kill, it just means they're viable.

sorry to the ret pallys but it is true

this is essentially a procing 20% health damage shot

how is that fair????

combined with ur already outragious burst and hammer at the end it is true i got 60% health

i took on a ret pally and i lived long enough to make him bubble he ran away but i popped all cooldowns i poissibly had including fel <whatever> (outland herb 2k shield) barkskin,endless heal pot,herb power, frenzied regen, survival instincts and barely got him to bubble and run

30 secs later he was full healht and i was at full health/mana

he goes wings, bursts i die wtf!

Maybe because I don't play one anymore. Just because they're successful, doesn't mean healers are easy to kill, it just means they're viable.
    Why would healers be easy to kill? I mean their whole gear/spec/gem/glyphing is made so they can stay alive and keep other people alive.
    My Shaman: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Zvarderlol

can't believe so many people whine about this...it's really...

I'm loosing the little faith in humanity I have left.
    Meh

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    sorry to the ret pallys but it is true

this is essentially a procing 20% health damage shot

how is that fair????

combined with ur already outragious burst and hammer at the end it is true i got 60% health

i took on a ret pally and i lived long enough to make him bubble he ran away but i popped all cooldowns i poissibly had including fel <whatever> (outland herb 2k shield) barkskin,endless heal pot,herb power, frenzied regen, survival instincts and barely got him to bubble and run

30 secs later he was full healht and i was at full health/mana

he goes wings, bursts i die wtf!

L2math. It's not 20% of your total health, it's 20% of your stam, and it doesn't make HoW easier to use.

Sounds like you either had no resil, he had all pve gear, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    in life , there are two kinds of people.
    those who hold a gun, and thos who dig.
    you dig.

in other words youre a noob.
    Epic.

Yes, mages can. If you spec frost, you can chain a stun and a silence to kill them. If you're arcane you can just missile barrage proc blow them away in a silence. Also, comparing a ranged class to a melee is really smart.

Oh ya, get rid of sanctified wrath (the talent you're talking about). That way ret will absolutely without a shadow of a doubt NEVER KILL A HEALER EVER AGAIN.
    Unless the healer is stupid enough to stand right on front of the mage letting him channel into him there is noway a mage is able to down a good healer thats properly geared. A good healer will LOS the mage and rofl at his face when he tries to get anything off but instants. The stun that frostmages have has a CD you know? not like you can chain stun anyone with it. For the missile barrage burst to work you need to have 3 stack of ab's on your target which means 7.5 seconds of casting (depending on your haste ofc) and if that mage through some miracle happens to get those 3ab's off, then the healer deserves to lose.

ITT:

Butthurt ret paladins.
    | Youtube: Haylen Games! | Twitter: @Haylengames |

Quote Originally Posted by Gerberus
    Unless the healer is stupid enough to stand right on front of the mage letting him channel into him there is noway a mage is able to down a good healer thats properly geared. A good healer will LOS the mage and rofl at his face when he tries to get anything off but instants. The stun that frostmages have has a CD you know? not like you can chain stun anyone with it. For the missile barrage burst to work you need to have 3 stack of ab's on your target which means 7.5 seconds of casting (depending on your haste ofc) and if that mage through some miracle happens to get those 3ab's off, then the healer deserves to lose.
    I didn't say chain stun, I said chan the stun with the silence. I'll spell it out. You use deep freeze, then when deep freeze runs out you counterspell silence. That gives you enough time to do enough damage to kill them. It's also hard to los against a frost mage when you're nova'd or deep frozen in place.

And as for arcane, you don't need the full stack of ab to kill someone, missile barrage is pretty powerful by itself. Not to mention he could just pom an ab. Also, slow makes it hard to los along with the fact that channel spells like arc missiels ignore los as long as the initial cast was in los.