Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Idea for new Ret talent

I didnt come up with a name. the name isnt whats important. Heres my idea-

-deep Ret talent to prevent holy and prot from getting it.
    -1 to 3 points total
    -30 second cool down
    -tagert is rooted for 1 to 3 seconds, while rooted the target can not cast spells. root breaks on damage.

this might sound a little overpowered so heres the down side.
    -target must be 10+ yards away to be able to use this ability. sort of like the old hunter dead range

This would be huge against classes that kite the hell out of us, it would also give us a chance to put more pressure on healers that want to run and heal. Maybe some players would think twice before bolting against a ret pally. this also give us a little play style in that we dont have to just face roll, if you see something coming you dont like, then run back 10 yards and root his ass. 3 seconds should buy enough time to get back. Please give me some feedback on what you guys think about this.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&cn=Ryevin

Re: Idea for new Ret talent

Well perhaps idea is good, but judge of justice slowing more is also a good deal -.- . Anyway Make vindication reduce healing by 20 % ;> or 25-30 ;>>
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Sounds familiar for some reason... wait, here it is!

Repentance
    9% of base mana 20 yd range
    Instant cast 1 min cooldown
    Puts the enemy target in a state of meditation, incapacitating them for up to 1 min. Any damage caused will awaken the target. Usable against Demons, Dragonkin, Giants, Humanoids and Undead.

so you want to change repentance to:
    -take more talent points
    -half the CD time
    -half the duration
    -can't use it at close range

did I miss anything?
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    Well perhaps idea is good, but judge of justice slowing more is also a good deal -.- . Anyway Make vindication reduce healing by 20 % ;> or 25-30 ;>>

sure more of a slow on joj would be nice, but it makes little different to a mage that blinks, or a lock that ports. this ability would help play as counters to their outs. soon as a blink or port happens you nab them close the distance with out getting boned buy their abilities.

vindication making healing reduced by 20% would just make us the poor mans warrior. its got to be all or nothing. I hope they come up with something new and unique for ret paladins so they will have an option to put better pressure on healers then just stupid burst.

I really havent put much thought into it yet but maybe I could think of something fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerin
    Sounds familiar for some reason... wait, here it is!

so you want to change repentance to:
    -take more talent points
    -half the CD time
    -half the duration
    -can't use it at close range

did I miss anything?
    yes, you did. both abilities are close. but in repentance you cant do anything while in it. In my ability you just cant cast. I'm not asking that one replaces the other. im asking it be added in and they can work together. so we have more the 4 buttons to press.

And hey im not a Dev, nothing I make up really means much. Its just a good way for all of us to brainstorm about things we need.

I would be willing to take the silence off of it but make it an unbreakable root, and we could add in that while the target is rooted the pally gains a proc for hammer of wrath at any % for the next 5 seconds, now that would be sweet. something like that would make the class so much more then face rolling. It would be the start of having to work at being an awesome player

Quote Originally Posted by Ryevin
    And hey im not a Dev, nothing I make up really means much. Its just a good way for all of us to brainstorm about things we need.

I would be willing to take the silence off of it but make it an unbreakable root, and we could add in that while the target is rooted the pally gains a proc for hammer of wrath at any % for the next 5 seconds, now that would be sweet. something like that would make the class so much more then face rolling. It would be the start of having to work at being an awesome player
    Now that part makes it the single most unbalanced skill in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    Now that part makes it the single most unbalanced skill in the game.
    maybe. Its a thought that could be toned down. Its a lot like sudden death in the warrior arms tree. what a lot of people want is procs that we need to look for and take advantage of inorder to seperate the crap facerollers from the players that can manage to play well with a more difficult set rules to maximize damage done.

what was that about a warrior? hrm...
    and that would most certainly make you a face rolling class more than you are right now...would require less skill to play a ret than it does now

I think having a new talent that does damage rather than root someone would be far better for the class. My main reason for this is I want more buttons to click while doing PvE content. But to be honest, a root ability doesn't go with the paladin class imo. I like the stun and sleep ability's that we have right now.
    My favorite colour is dead bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by mephisto03
    what was that about a warrior? hrm...
    and that would most certainly make you a face rolling class more than you are right now...would require less skill to play a ret than it does now
    if you have any ideas i would be more that happy to hear them instead of just knocking what im trying to come up with.

people call ret pallies facerollers cause we only have 3 main damage abilities and a few other we can use in different sitiuation. they want us to have things like overpower. something you have to micro manage to be good. but on the other hand they dont want to wreck our new found pve love in raids. so short of tearing the tree down and rebuilding to keep us unique it will be very hard to give us some fair abilities that we need.

I can tell you from arena my biggest problems come from not having a ms to try to gib down some one. no on demand cc (fear.sheep,cyclone) to work his partner down in the mean time. I have no mana burns. so really it comes down to getting lucky with some crit and getting someone or running them oom cause you had to effectively double the other guys warrior or rogue damage.

My intentions are not to cause a pissing match over this, or that but to see what good ideas we could think up that would help us out down the road.

I'm so sick of the pally hotfix nerfs its unreal how many times their have done this to us. how about a hotfix buff for crap we a missing. I wont hold my breath. took 4 years to get patch 3.0 and to make us at least pve worthy

I didnt come up with a name. the name isnt whats important. Heres my idea-

-deep Ret talent to prevent holy and prot from getting it.
    -1 to 3 points total
    -30 second cool down
    -tagert is rooted for 1 to 3 seconds, while rooted the target can not cast spells. root breaks on damage.

this might sound a little overpowered so heres the down side.
    -target must be 10+ yards away to be able to use this ability. sort of like the old hunter dead range

This would be huge against classes that kite the hell out of us, it would also give us a chance to put more pressure on healers that want to run and heal. Maybe some players would think twice before bolting against a ret pally. this also give us a little play style in that we dont have to just face roll, if you see something coming you dont like, then run back 10 yards and root his ass. 3 seconds should buy enough time to get back. Please give me some feedback on what you guys think about this.
    um wait so basically you're asking for another repentence.

Idea for new Ret Talent:

(Insert stupid holy charge name here)
    8 - 25 yd range 30 second cooldown
    Instant
    Charge an enemy, causing 189 damage and rooting it for 3 sec.

Oh hey I fixed Ret.

Edit: to put in a cooldown

i am just pointing out the fact that you dont want to be like a warrior, but yet you want to be able to do everything a warrior can do +heal and go into your cute little immunity shield

or an icy chains type ability that will root for start and then let go little by little.

change the name, change the ghaphics

and in a cast time debuff while it lasts.

So the root would be more like a snare, the silence turns into a caster debuff that fade away like icy chains

The debuff would most like a haste debuff that starts out heavy at first and with in 4 seconds you back to casting normal

Quote Originally Posted by Furykin
    Idea for new Ret Talent:

(Insert stupid holy charge name here)
    8 - 25 yd range 30 second cooldown
    Instant
    Charge an enemy, causing 189 damage and rooting it for 3 sec.

Oh hey I fixed Ret.

Edit: to put in a cooldown

Sure this would work. makes us kinda like warriors though, and we all know they faceroll 24/7 ,

maybe if you were to take the charge ability out of it and just "COMMANDED" them, think of Uthar all bent out of shape commanding some punk to stay were he is.

then you walk you Gumby looking paladin out to go kick the dookie straight out kiters colon.

ok this is what pallys deserve and need spell will be called I QQ
    this spell will:
    - Cause the pally to take twice as much dmg
    - Dispell all positive effects on the paladin
    - Make Caster immune to immunity effects
    - 0 CD Lasts till death
    That ok for u qqadins?

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhaven
    ok this is what pallys deserve and need spell will be called I QQ
    this spell will:
    - Cause the pally to take twice as much dmg
    - Dispell all positive effects on the paladin
    - Make Caster immune to immunity effects
    - 0 CD Lasts till death
    That ok for u qqadins?
    I lol'd

if you take an OP class and give it more snares and more burst dmg, that doesn't make the class less faceroll lol:P

Procing hammer of wrath would be like say...every time you charge, your ms crits..og wait, HoW does more dmg and allways crits anyway..hmm..and is ranged...
    Meh

Sure this would work. makes us kinda like warriors though, and we all know they faceroll 24/7 ,

maybe if you were to take the charge ability out of it and just "COMMANDED" them, think of Uthar all bent out of shape commanding some punk to stay were he is.

then you walk you Gumby looking paladin out to go kick the dookie straight out kiters colon.
    riiiight...warriors are faceroll. go roll one yourself and enter anrena WITHOUT a restodruid as healer. see how easy it is. or go duel. I't easy against complete retards, that's for sure:P
    Meh