Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Instructor Razuvious MC problem?

Doing a 25 naxx run today and on Instructor Razuvious I'm mind controlling as usual with some pug priest that has never done it. Now I explain the fight and everything to him and he says he understands. Starting the encounter mind soothe run in and MC. Do it and I start tanking him and calling out for when he should taunt etc. Though something weird is happening during MC. It randomly breaks and I have no adds on me or anything to cause the timer to go down etc. I was thinking it could be something with the other priest or quite possibly a bug?

Any insight will be helpful.

Re: Instructor Razuvious MC problem?

CC can randomly break like that, I believe it periodically checks your spellhit. So the best solution is to get more hitrating.

15+ Year Old Account

He has a shout he does to everyone in LoS.

This shout breaks MC if you are in his LoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster
    CC can randomly break like that, I believe it periodically checks your spellhit. So the best solution is to get more hitrating.
    They removed the spell hit required last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    He has a shout he does to everyone in LoS.

This shout breaks MC if you are in his LoS.
    His shout doesn't affect the mc timer in any way on 10 or 25 at least I've seen. Otherwise, that would lead to even more problems during the encounter if it randomly breaks and no one was tanking him etc.

He has a ranged attack, something like throw knife. If it hits you I think you stop channeling?

15+ Year Old Account

i've never got any interruption during this, maybe 1 add wasnt being tanked or picked up after you dropped it?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    He has a ranged attack, something like throw knife. If it hits you I think you stop channeling?
    Nope. That would also cause to many complications.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    i've never got any interruption during this, maybe 1 add wasn't being tanked or picked up after you dropped it?
    Possibly, but I wasn't attack by any of the adds. Only thing different this time was the pally ran in and concencrated (or w/e), because the other priest didn't know what to do sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by LolomgBBtheQ
    Nope. That would also cause to many complications.
    The jagged knife doesn't stop channeling but il reduce the channeling time (as usual when you take damage when MC'ing)

15+ Year Old Account

jagged knife only reduces channel time on the initial hit, not each tick. and its MAYBE 20 seconds. if you are holding an mc longer than 3-5 seconds you are doing something wrong.
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

- The range is important.
    - If you get hit by a melee attack, it reduces your cast time.
    - If someone buffs your MC'd understudy with Shadow Protection, your MC will break.

If none of those 3 things happen, then it's a bug. But paladins often have Shadow Protection running when they've just killed the last trash before the boss. So I'm betting that's what happened.

1 thing I really dislike about the fight is that Razuvious doesn't move early. He's undead so he can't be Mind Soothed and has a bigger aggro range than the range on MC. So Razuvious will most likely be at the back when you MC. Then he'll stand there and you're not allowed to get close since your MC doesn't reach that far.

Did you rearrange your UI lately? I've seen people use ther keyboard when using the add. as in pressing '4' on keyboard to taunt. Sadly with some UI mods it dosent only use the mobs ability but also your own bound ability. Same goes for stuff like jump.

But yes. Shadow res aura from a pala = bad. higher shadow res = possible faster breakage.

1st of all, Channeling has been changed.
    Attacks can only lower the channel or cast time by 2 hits total, this was applied somewhere during the end of TBC I believe it was the prepatch of 3.0.

Having said that, allways refresh your MC passed the 30 second channel time when you "Finished" tanking and the other priest is tanking. This prevents dropping the MC during tanking, thus screwing the raid over.

Secondly MC is based on hit as everyone said before; If you do not have the proper hit gear then let another priest try and Handle it.

Death Knight Understudy is a lvl 82 mob, not a Boss @ 83. So you only need a whooping 158 Spell Hit to reach Spell hit cap.

Good luck

Tell your Paladins to not use Shadow Resistance Aura.

It was in December though that I checked the combat log and noticed that the cause of our MC problems was that the understudies got the aura, so it might be fixed now.

MC at the level that the tanking is going to happen.
    Don't MC while you are at the ramp.

Wiped so many times before someone pointed that out T_T
    Your you're own enemy.

15+ Year Old Account

the first MC you have to do from the ramp.

after you break the first one you move down closer to raz.

make sure they're not tanking the mobs right beside you also....
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by LolomgBBtheQ
    They removed the spell hit required last I checked.
    tis true they removed it from mind control i believe to make shadow priests not required like they were in BC (just for another reason)

its simple

Turn off all Shadow resist auras.

when u MC a target it gets the 130 to shadow resist it then breaks.