What gems are people using for Holy?

Currently my gear is filled primarily with 16 int gems, 1 SP/Int gem, and 1 Mp5/Int gem for socket bonus. I was just wondering if it'd be worth it to drop the int gems and exchange them for SP/Int instead? Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: What gems are people using for Holy?

As a holy pali healing ulduar, i use certain gems per color of the slot and i like having the socket bonuses because every bit helps. i use 16 int for yellow, 19 spellpow for red, and for blue i use a combo of 8 int +3mp5 and 8 crit and +3mp5 or whatever. i don't think its worth throwing away the socket bonuses. hope it helps.

-callme ;D

Some people will probably disagree, but SP as a paladin is a waste, utterwaste. Even with 1400sp you're gonna overheal alot. So int is better for a bigger manapool, since more heals(bigger manapool) is better then few overheals before you go oom.

10+ Year Old Account

i love int, but i don't like to get below 2200. but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Funerolopolis
    Some people will probably disagree, but SP as a paladin is a waste, utterwaste. Even with 1400sp you're gonna overheal alot. So int is better for a bigger manapool, since more heals(bigger manapool) is better then few overheals before you go oom.
    true but when you get too much int, you never really go out of mana anymore. then you should be using haste gems.

imo you can't get enough int. it gives you spell power, crit, a larger mana pool and mp5. it's an amazing stat and probably the gem you want in every socket unless it has an amazing socket bonus or you need to activate your meta. also, i think gemming haste is foolish as you can get 500-550 haste easily just from the gear.

basically this is a run-down i did on gems as i was looking through BiS ulduar loot trying to figure out if the socket bonus' outweighed the benefits of gemming int. hopefully it helps some:

yellow: 16 intellect gem ---> 20.24 int (after BoK and Divine Int)
    gives us:

.154% crit (7.1 crit rating)
    4.05 spell power
    303.6 mana pool
    ~11 mp5 (replenishment and DP every 80 seconds)

red: 8 int/9 spell power

gives us:

.077% crit (3.55 crit rating)
    11.025 spell power
    151.8 mana pool
    ~5.5 mp5

blue: 8 int/12 stam

gives us:

.077% crit (3.55 crit rating)
    2.025 spell power
    151.8 mana pool
    ~5.5 mp5
    198 HP (with BoK)

Here is my thinking, I'm getting ever so closer to my Leg. Mace. When I actually get it tank healing will be my primary focus, I've been considering stacking SP/PvP Libram for FoL spam like the old days. the plan is that the fast cast FoL will proc the shield then spam the largest Holy Lights possible for 15 seconds, then FoL spam more. I know this is worse then face rolling but it's effective.

INT INT INT, gem Int. until you cant anymore, I am raid buffed with 30k mana and around 2200 SP unbuffed. The reason behind gemming int: Replenishment will give you more mana, as will Arcane torrent if your a blood elf. (around 1750 mana for me, got to love BE's) Dont forget mana tide!

Cant forget divine plea ticking for 1500 +mana. No matter what anyone tells you, as of right now, gemming int is the way to go. And if you have dragon's eyes, cut them into int. and make your socket bonus if you need to.

I agree int. wins in mot cases but don't forget more SP means better shields (SS). Especially with 4 piece T8, good amount of SP and some regen for hard modes.
    Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.

The larger majority of the time the socket bonus is an utter waste.

I'm pretty much gemmed the same, though I'm a JCer as well.

Intellect!!!

Don't gem for 19 SP - ever. Red socket? Get the SP + INT gem, you'll overhealer anyway so looking for high SP is a bad idea. Also, don't gem for Mp5 or Crit. Mp5 sucks and crit is all over our gear and you know how we love that crit.

But anyway, INT wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.
    Quote Originally Posted by zuraghogar
    If only shamans had an interrupt on a short cooldown.

JC my friend

Get socketbonuses+meta without using shitgems.
    (+int all the way, if u didnt figure that )
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!