Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...

Re: Paladin is the worst class

i couldnt be bothered to read all 14 pages
    but from what i read most people are mis-reading it
    its not just are Paladins the worst class statistically (hps, dps, tanking)
    Its actually about how BORING it is to play as a paladin
    I myself have played a paladin for about 2 years now, as every spec, and i must say that it gets so boring compared to when i go on my rogue alt, or any other alt as a matter of fact
    We got Holy, which is basically a spam of your preffered heal
    Ret, which is just press buttons when they come off cooldown
    Prot, not much experience in WoTLK but from what ive done it is like ret, but keep holy shield up

So to be honest, Paladins are boring, and yes i would re-roll if i was not in a solid raiding guild with friends.

Dear Paladin bloggers.

My 'main' is an Arms Warrior, I raid with and love even with all the nerfs.

I thought I'd level up my alt, so I now have a Healadin.

I'm hooked. I enjoy keeping others alive so much, it's challenging and there's lots to remember and get right, it's also a completely different game mechanic to how my warrior plays. My guild now want me to help out in Ulduar after a bunch of equipement upgrades and I'm very close to having a new main now.

Paladin's the worst class? Nah.
    Warrior unplayable? Nah.

Balance things out. All will be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    What about when raid takes heavy damage?
    You expect >one< spec of >one< class to be able to deal with every fuckin situation? Everyone is limited in some way.
    What about when bosses hit the tank pretty damn hard?
    Then he hits Druids, Warriors, DK's and everyone else "fucking hard".
    What about single-target bosses??
    And one more time: You expect >one< spec of >one< class to be able to deal with every fuckin situation? Everyone is limited in some way.

Idiot.

I enjoy DPS'ing on Paladin
    I enjoy Tanking on Paladin
    I don't heal on my Paladin because I don't like healing...at all

/shrug

But I do partly agree with the OP. When Blizzard designs encounters, gears, and cooldowns, it usually ends up with Paladins being the square peg to the round hole.

Be it having Prots using Spell damage in TBC, to having DPS Plate gear replete with Armor Pen in WoTLK. Everything seems better designed for Warriors, Druids or DK's (Blood spec).

But, I still find Paladins fun to play, so I keep playing them, inspite of the drawbacks.

Thats why I giggle so much at the QQ aimed at Paladins; anyone who has ever actually played a Paladin for an extended period of time would find most (if not all) of what people QQ about to be overrated.

i'm pretty sure you just suck

Quote Originally Posted by wordup
    You obviously didn't play ret to a serious extent if you don't remember that seals were 30 seconds.
    And the seals dropped when you judged.

Quote Originally Posted by Warthor
    i'm pretty sure you just suck
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Holy: You say they suck at raid-healing? No sh*t sherlock, they got the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41106 and the beacon of light. Alas they can place it on one target, heal another target = 2x AoE-heal, that might even be cross-room. If not, they still got the first AoE, and the beacon'd healed. But ye, they are designed to MT-hea
    Cool so every time i want to heal more than 1 target its perfectly reasonable to think i will spend 1383 mana extra to have a shot at maybe healing them, depending if i get sniped on my holy light on the tank and therefore produce 18k overhealing none of which goes to my beacon target, sounds fair. protip: doing 1 thing e.g. spam holy light and shock when its off CD for 5mins isnt fun
    maybe dodging fire is more fun, but after 4 years its getting easier.

Prot: You suck. End of the line. I MT in the most cases, and as Sathoris wrote, we got a pretty high mitigation, like the 15% dmg reduc and 6% spell reduc, plus our normal armor, and mine is atm taking 60% dmg, alas i cut off alot of dmg alone on that.
    We got a lesser shield wall, yes, but its on half the CD, alas 50% + 50% counter the 60%. Which would you prefer?
    And using block... HAH! Never have i read such babble! Uncrush was removed 3.0.2, so no need to use the 102%-rule, just stack ahoy on the dodge and parry! After all, we got 2x block-chance raisers, each on 30%, and since we don't block that many attacks from a single boss, i think that is ftw. Though empowering the blocks never hurts.
    One last thing; If the protadin is played correctly, it's a powerhouse to everything! I out-run the warr-MT in one of my last guilds, and he was geared far better than me.
    No you dont have High mittigation, you have a disproportionately large amount of block. 6% spell reduction is kinda moot unless you wanna ranged tank with exorcism and cookie. half shield wall yet half the cooldown, yes i can see where you are coming from, but i know what i would rather take, shield wall anyday. if you are needing to use your "half shield wall" every CD and not for when the boss enrages or to keep yourself safe at the end of a fight, you have bad healers. Ok so not blocking shots when you have a stupidly over compensation of block anyway and very little other mittigation that isnt block compared to other tanks. i dont care if i could block every hit for max, blocking 2k from 25k hits is not productive, as well as the >35% hp can easily be leapfrogged. Paladins have always excelled at block, as their "forte" was AoE tanking, which gives lots of blocks, therefore lots of holy shield procs, therfore lots of threat. im sorry to unsult your "pro-ness and e-peen" however it wasnt 102%, it was 102.4%. as to the last part, i think the famous phrase, bring the player not the class/gear applies to that warr.

Ret: Some of the top-DPS'ers i've seen was retri, so faceroll can do huge pewpew. >_>
    go and get some good dps. ret should not be top