Re: Hotfixes, Mount Changes, Hall of Fame, Blue posts

l love the fan art, especially the orc shield slamming the wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Recent In-Game Fixes - 06/15/09

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Rogue Mage Priest
    We'd prefer to see other comps as dominant as RMPs in 3s. The problem is if we nerf RMP without making other changes, then double melee teams would likely just take their place. The public perception is that at least RMP requires more coordination and finesse than double melee (though we also think there is validity to the claim that just because you have the option of crowd control doesn't mean that bursting someone down makes you somehow more legit.) (Source)

Paladin (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Paladin changes in 3.2
    We are working on a (long) post to explain some of the paladin changes. I don't have an ETA. (Source)

[...] Think about it this way. We have a design vision for each class and spec. We readily make changes when the tools or mechanics you have when you aren't meeting that vision. Rarely do we change the vision, though it does happen. The end-game paladin in vanilla WoW was intended to be a healer. We now support an end-game dps or tanking role. The Holy paladin has classically been a tank healer. We're okay though with expanding their breadth a little bit for those situations where you have more paladins than tanks or the raid is taking a lot of damage. However we aren't likely to do that by giving paladins a Wild Growth clone, because that doesn't fit the vision. (Source)
    That's so freaking clearly show Blizzard's position about different classes!  

-  Some bunch of nuubs somewhere is the forum QQ about vindication?  -  No problems, here is your hotfix!
    -  19 of 20 top teams in 3x3 are RMP?  - We would like to to see other comps as dominant.... bla bla, but we enjoy dominating arena with our favorite rogues, so we will "think" about it
    -  More and more paladins are annoyed by continuous nerfing and  neglecting the class - we are working in *post* (nop hotfix.  not changes. freaking post) and don't have ETA (for the freaking post)

Fuck you, Blizzard, your so called balance, your "communication", your "we think about all classes".  Bunch of freaking rogue-playing liers!  Gief the rogue nerf in hotfix (it's melee, so "double melee" won't be so happy about it) NOW and tell us what are you going to do with paladins, which always were the piece of shit as a class and after very short perod of shining are piece of shit again - and after that you could pretend to be anything else.

Gee I sure hope these mystery paladin changes include my new tanking cooldown and a block fix.

I have to agree that kitty's dont have to be nerfed that much, sure they can do more damage than some pure DPS, but not that much, because to really beat them, skill is necessary.

I play a shadowpriest, so i'm hybrid with a dps rotation to keep up, yet i can outdps most people i get to play with? Does that mean SP needs a nerf too because "pure" DPS QQ that 3 buttons mashing dps should be higher? I don't think so.

Kitty is just a little too high on some encounters, compared to a similarily geared/skilled raid, so a little nerf might come, but a big nerf would just kill the class i think : why bother playing a class/spec that needs skill to get really less dps than peoples who just faceroll while watching TV?

The 5% dps difference is more of an arbitrary limit, some hybrids while be under it, some over it. But you can't just say "feral cats are above pure dps so neeeerf them"

PvP wise, the nerf is more justified since pvp ferals have a really huge burst, but if they nerf it to the ground because of PvP, well, that'll be another failure.

I'm a PvE player who hates PvP, so i don't really get it that people bother about the other guys dps. You want to beat down boss, hard modes, etc... so you need people with skill, regardless of the spec.

Anyway, kitty nerf, yes but not that much i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypocratus
    Fuck you, Blizzard, your so called balance, your "communication", your "we think about all classes". Bunch of freaking rogue-playing liers! Gief the rogue nerf in hotfix (it's melee, so "double melee" won't be so happy about it) NOW and tell us what are you going to do with paladins, which always were the piece of shit as a class and after very short perod of shining are piece of shit again - and after that you could pretend to be anything else.
    Honestly, with a message like that, how do you expect to hear anything back but blow it out your ass?

I wish if they nerfed Feral DPS at least they could Revamp Feral Tanking in a future Patch, changing the Maul mechanic like the Future heroic Strike.

I'm a bit tired of spamming swipe+maul macro...

Quote Originally Posted by cavalier
    Honestly, with a message like that, how do you expect to hear anything back but blow it out your ass?
    I don't. My messages isn't going to change the way Blizzard are changing the game - nobody's messages can. Because, they "hire very good people" who use arguments like "vindication was overpowered. period.". 

The only way to let them know, I am not exactly happy to play my paladin in the form they make it (and I don't want to play rogue, sorry) is to cancel the account. Which I have already done. Till I see something better than *no ETA* promiss or *post* accompanied by "we know RPM are dominant, we wish it was different, but we aren't going to change anything".

I post here, because I feel the need to explain how damn annoyed and angry I am about the way they are shaping the game and lying about it. Sorry, if I did hurt somebody's feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk
    Feral players who are QQ'ing over this nerf, and claims to not have seen it coming, are in huge denial / definitely being unreasonable here.

I mean seriously, did you actually expect to keep topping the meters by such high range? and as a hypered class? yes, a hypered class isn't meant to top meters, atleast thats what Blizzard stated, and feral are not even topping meters now, but they're doing it by a big chunk as well, clearly a joke if that wasn't gonna get changed, and dont even bring the "skills" argument here, you can't possibly justify something being overpowered, just cause it requires some "skills" to pull it off, in this case its roughly just more time playing ferals, getting used to their dps rotation and whatnot, while other classes, "pure" ones as well don't even have the choice.

Seriously, druids in general shouldn't be qq'ing at all, you're probably THE MOST overspoiled class in the history of WoW yet, all 4 specs in one class? 4 which are besting or near besting their other competitor at that? (Resto druid anyone?), free get out of almost all CC's click ? instant heals/hots (and Innervate) as any of the 4 specs, and a guaranteed raid spot just cause of your available variety and CR+Innervate, the list goes on of how much a spoiled class druids are, yet you still want more crazy stuff like topping the dps meters, beating those pure dps classes like np, by that logic everyone would just roll a druid, cause whats the point of trying anything else anyways if druids are going to top them all?

Seriously, get a clue about this game, and be thankful you're not a Shaman (like me), lock or a hunter class.
    Totaly agree with u ! druids should be lower [and all other hybrids... mainly looking at druids and dk's..]

I post here, because I feel the need to explain how damn annoyed and angry I am about the way they are shaping the game and lying about it. Sorry, if I did hurt somebody's feeling.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ftaghn
    Kitty is just a little too high on some encounters, compared to a similarily geared/skilled raid, so a little nerf might come, but a big nerf would just kill the class i think : why bother playing a class/spec that needs skill to get really less dps than peoples who just faceroll while watching TV?
    About the only fight that Cat Druids will always excel on is XT, since it's a static boss which means Cats can concentrate on keeping all their buffs/debuffs up, and time cool downs for heart phases. XT is then followed swiftly by Kologarn who cannot be attacked from behind, hence nuking Cat DPS into oblivion. In an ideal world players would look at Cat DPS and go, "ok, those two balance each other out, so Cat DPS is fine", but they don't, they go "OMGWTF! Cat DPS higher than mine on XT, Cats OP WTF NERF NERF!" and conveniently forget about that objection when they look at the Recount figures from Kologarn.

I posted the numbers in a previous post- the average DPS placement of the top 50 parses on WMO for Cat Druids sits at 5.3/10. And that's of the TOP 50 Druids, i.e. those Druids who have the skill to keep up an incredibly demanding rotation, and they're still not facerolling the meters as some people seem to think. How do you think Cat Druids are doing lower down amongst players of average skill who aren't as good at juggling half a dozen buffs and debuffs?

Honestly, this call for nerfing Feral DPS is all caused entirely by the fact that people looked at the Ensidia vids and saw Tun topping the DPS meters so they immediately think Cats are OP (despite evidence to the contrary) rather than, I dunno, concluding that Tun is a phenomenal player...

Interested in these pvp changes. I begin to wonder if they will start giving a separate currency for BG victories as opposed to losses... i.e. 1 mark of honor for a loss, 1 "spoils of battle" or whatever for a win... and making different gearsets for the differing currencies.

This doesn't solve the problem of the grindiness of BGs... and it is a problem. On Arenajunkies, common advice for getting an alt arena competitive is to AFK bot BGs.

I think what I would do is jack up the honor rewards for objective completion - flags and flag assistance in WSG, inner walls blown up in SOTA, flags yanked in AB (maybe only once per node per game to prevent flag swapping), etc... this would encourage actual participation and the greater rewards would make the process less grindy.

The major problem is that arena is an easy way of saying "this player is good" - hell, the ratings do exactly that. Battlegrounds have no reliable way of doing this. I could win 50 games without ever touching the flag, and I could lose the same amount of games while hitting objectives as hard as I can.

Who knows what will be implemented. Anything will be better than "grind sota until your eyes bleed".

Quote Originally Posted by cavalier
    <3
    Did it hurts yours so hard you fart? Sorry 'bout that... Hope you didn't make your pants dirty...

Quote Originally Posted by gilfanon
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/7

Feral Druids clearly OP, as demonstrated by their average DPS for top 50 players:
    Yogg - 8th
    Vez - 5th
    Freya - 4th
    Thorim - 4th
    Hodir - 5th
    Mim - 6th
    Aur - 7th
    Kol - 10th
    Assembly - 5th
    Ignis - 5th
    XT - 2nd
    Razor - 3rd
    Your link doesn't mean anything. They don't make the distinction between the specs... So if you average the DPS of every druid in a raid (balance, resto, bear, kitties) it's pretty predictible that the result will be low....

In a nutshell, you cannot learn anything with this rankings. If there is a way to filter it to exclude the healers, the tanks and balance druids, then maybe. And you'll see how outrageous the DPS of kitty is. The nerf is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektoplasme
    Your link doesn't mean anything. They don't make the distinction between the specs... So if you average the DPS of every druid in a raid (balance, resto, bear, kitties) it's pretty predictible that the result will be low....

In a nutshell, you cannot learn anything with this rankings. If there is a way to filter it to exclude the healers, the tanks and balance druids, then maybe. And you'll see how outrageous the DPS of kitty is. The nerf is coming.
    The clue is in the headline on the page:

"The datas of this scoreboard are from the avg of top50 DPS for THE boss and it's for cross-classes compare."

You can learn a lot from these rankings if you know how to read...

Its always funny to see paladins asking for nerfs, especially retpals.

You're all angry cause a feral druid told you to L2P because he played better than you.

Just because some feral get a higher dps than average pure dps doesn't mean they all do, and it also doesn't mean that it isn't their skill speaking rather than their spec.

A bad player will always be bad, it's just that with some spec he won't be "that" bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftaghn
    Its always funny to see paladins asking for nerfs, especially retpals.
    If you started playing this game not after WOTLK, but in vanilla, as some of the people here, you would know how ridiculous your "especially repals" is. Retpals were "lolret" for most of the life of this game. Not that I think ferals need any nerf... ferals are Ok. Rogues - that's the class which clearly must be nerfed - and will never be.

So much about paladin changes. Have feeling that ppl putted suggestion about some class mechanics changes for nothing.

If you started playing this game not after WOTLK, but in vanilla, as some of the people here, you would know how ridiculous your "especially repals" is. Retpals were "lolret" for most of the life of this game. Not that I think ferals need any nerf... ferals are Ok. Rogues - that's the class which clearly must be nerfed - and will never be.
    It's worth pointing out that Druids were "LOLlearntoheal" like Pallies in Vanilla, and "LOLlearntohealortank" in TBC, so we have a lot in common... Not me per say, I've been resto since Molten Core, but I feel a solidarity with Ferals who've had all of 6 months out of the last 5 years to actually play the game the way they want to play it- as DPS. Since then they've had nothing but bitching and moaning from other classes who suddenly have to actually demonstrate some form of competency to guarantee their raid spot, rather than just having chosen a class 5 years ago that can 3-button their way to the top of the DPS meters...

I started out in BC, where rets where normal in PvE. I know that before they were really bad, but now, they are really good. And i find it that since WotlK there is more and more paladin QQ, while they got soooo buffed...

So yes, we're in wotlk, and when paladin QQ in wotlk, its funny, because 2 classes shouldn't ever QQ atm, and it's Retpals and DK. Those 2 don't need skill to get a decent dps, and i know that for a fact since i have them in store.

Quote Originally Posted by LowbrowDeluxe
    *IF* they get rid of the facing requirement on Shred, and *if* they fix the feral range bug so graphics lag and latency during raids doesn't assfark feral dps on movement fights, I think they could lower the damage and the drop in damage on static fights would even out with higher damage on the other 12 fights in Ulduar. Except they wont. They'll dumb down the rotation some, nerf it's output some, then give ferals another Savage Defense type warrior-rip off ability that doesn't even work as well as the warrior version.
    I'm inclined to agree with you. As much as I'm a Blizzard fanboi, they usually do take the easy way out on these things, and they've already acknowledged that Feral DPS would be difficult to balance out given that the complexity of the rotation necessarily entails that good Ferals will do excellent DPS and average Ferals will do Average to Poor DPS. Simply nerfing DPS output would, as they have acknowledged, destroy Average Ferals, and cause huge problems on movement fights even for Good Ferals. More likely is a simplification of playstyle which would even out the Goods and the Bads and bring it down to a pure numbers game, from which point assessing the relative DPS output of Ferals would be a lot easier.

I suspect we'll get a simplified set of skills for 3.3 (possibly even some time after 3.2) and a rebalance of abilities accordingly. What they should not do however is just reduce Shred damage by x or some equally vacuous nerf that clueless people on these boards are calling for. At current gear levels good Ferals are competitive but not OP, however I will agree that as gear scales towards Icecrown I think good Ferals will start to pull ahead of other classes.