Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wow...whats so hard to understand.

Its sooo annoying to come in here and see the same thing over and over from freakn pally haters all because of pvp and our burst damage. Its actually very simple to understand.

1. Pallys do good burst damage. Some better than others.

2. Against lower rated players and players with gear not able to handle it, ya we'll faceroll you along with a few other classes. If you stink and dont have the gear expect to be face rolled period and not by just ret pallys either.

3. Against highly skilled players in the upper brackets our burst becomes alot less faceroll and we pretty much have to get lucky.

So does that mean we're OP cuz we faceroll in the lower brackets or does it mean we are nerfed to the ground because we cant do well in the upper brackets?

I say its neither. Its something blizzard needs to figure out. How to balance us in both ends of the brackets.

why rag on some pally because he facerolled you in ur 250 resillience gear?? You wanna stop gettin facerolled by pallies? Improve ur gear and move up to the higher rated brackets then you can QQ about some other class facerolling you.

All this "your so op" " no we're not" "yes you are" "no we're not" "yes you are" "no we're not" "yes you are" "no we're not" "yes you are"  is retarded when my guess is a big chunk of the QQ'ers have crappy gear and arent good enough to handle the skilled players.

Re: Wow...whats so hard to understand.

I am quite interested in seeing what the changes for Ret Blizzard are going to unveil.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I feel your pain, people wearing PvE gear in Warsong Gulch and complaining that I the all mighty OP death knight that knows how to pop cooldowns at the right time, can kill me in my epic conquerer's PvE gear... If your going to do PvP.. wear the resilience gear or be expected to get the crit knocked out of you

I usually pvp in pve gear, most of the time my opponent is dead before he was able to do anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    Didn't they say something to this effect recently? I just scanned the blue tracker and could not find it, but I'm pretty sure there was a blue post recently that was tantamount to their saying, "We want the game to be approachable from any gear perspective, so the paladin's rocking the low brackets is bad" or something to that effect?
    /rhetoric
    What are they doing in the low brackets to begin with? Maybe they need to learn to more than just faceroll to actually be good in PVP?
    /endrhetoric

wtb ms

Quote Originally Posted by Pest
    wtb ms
    I liked the idea of reducing spell damage by 50%.

A spinoff of MS, but would affect mages/locks/shamans etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    Didn't they say something to this effect recently? I just scanned the blue tracker and could not find it, but I'm pretty sure there was a blue post recently that was tantamount to their saying, "We want the game to be approachable from any gear perspective, so the paladin's rocking the low brackets is bad" or something to that effect?
    You may be thinking of the "Vindication was too OP" I don't recall seeing anything like that (Since pvp is balanced mostly around mid-upper to upper rating arena)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I liked the idea of reducing spell damage by 50%.

A spinoff of MS, but would affect mages/locks/shamans etc.
    right, becuase casters are so dominant and they need just another counter from meleers... if meleers would get these kind of thing, casters should get disarms...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    right, becuase casters are so dominant and they need just another counter from meleers... if meleers would get these kind of thing, casters should get disarms...
    We don't need a 50% spell damage reduction, All I said was the idea was neat.

we do technically need to get a little lucky. but teamwork solves the problem equally well

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    spriests and fire mages have disarms already.

What annoys me the most... Is the lack of skill base in arena at the moment... Even some of the best players on my server are failing due to the fact that its a steamroll with no real skill, OMG 1, 2, 3,4 YES HE DIED WOOHOOO!!!. Not just directing this at Ret, but at arenas in general.

I used to play a resto druid, then a dk, and i recently rolled a priest, got glad on my druid, and my dk... the thing that frustrates me is the people saying QQ GET BETTA GEAR! How can a undergeared player ever get gear? Rets Dks and rogues are bursting lower geared players from full to dead within 2-3 globals. This wouldnt be a problem, except for the weeks of grinding gear over and over again, it just gets frustrating that even if we know how to play our class we cant do anything. The rating requirements for gear, with 2-3 classes with little skill and more BUTTON MASHING then tekken, that can annihilate you keep you from getting the gear required to survive through those classes.

I agree this burst dmg is probably all that would help keep rets in upper brackets, Im not saying nerf ret, simply make the class challenging to play... I played my friends for all of 5 minutes and was bored... But a seal up, judge of justice, cstrike, divine storm, exorcise, hammer, rinse repeat... At least for dks you have to apply diseases and watch procs, ret you just mash whatever button isnt grayed out

Quote Originally Posted by Ferality
    What annoys me the most... Is the lack of skill base in arena at the moment... Even some of the best players on my server are failing due to the fact that its a steamroll with no real skill, OMG 1, 2, 3,4 YES HE DIED WOOHOOO!!!. Not just directing this at Ret, but at arenas in general.
    This.

Go watch some of the tournament videos.

Dps healer, force all exit strategies (trinket, bubble, w/e) scare him away, turn to DPS and raep while starting to CC the healer. Game over

Quote Originally Posted by Ferality

I used to play a resto druid, then a dk, and i recently rolled a priest, got glad on my druid, and my dk... the thing that frustrates me is the people saying QQ GET BETTA GEAR! How can a undergeared player ever get gear? Rets Dks and rogues are bursting lower geared players from full to dead within 2-3 globals. This wouldnt be a problem, except for the weeks of grinding gear over and over again, it just gets frustrating that even if we know how to play our class we cant do anything. The rating requirements for gear, with 2-3 classes with little skill and more BUTTON MASHING then tekken, that can annihilate you keep you from getting the gear required to survive through those classes.

I agree this burst dmg is probably all that would help keep rets in upper brackets, Im not saying nerf ret, simply make the class challenging to play... I played my friends for all of 5 minutes and was bored... But a seal up, judge of justice, cstrike, divine storm, exorcise, hammer, rinse repeat... At least for dks you have to apply diseases and watch procs, ret you just mash whatever button isnt grayed out
    seems to me you follow fotm.................... generally people unwilling to adapt do this

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

When I started doing pvp with my rogue this season I was wearing all Naxx 25 gear and had maybe 30 resil total. I got smashed by every pally that I came across. Now that I have worked on my pvp gear some and with only around 500 resil, I can stomp the crap out of an equally geared/skilled ret. Granted someone more skilled or more geared can still chew me up, the pvp gear does make them less of a problem. Now my question is, are all these people complaining about ret pallies now just trying to wear pve gear for arenas/bg's? If so, stop. Just stop. Get at least hateful gear, I got almost a full pvp set in a weeks worth of casual grinding so there is no excuse for anyone. Do VoA every week too. Just stop being a bad player and maybe you can live through that initial burst from a ret. If you still have problems, read forums/wiki's on good strategies for countering their abilities because most likely you are not doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoshua
    When I started doing pvp with my rogue this season I was wearing all Naxx 25 gear and had maybe 30 resil total. I got smashed by every pally that I came across. Now that I have worked on my pvp gear some and with only around 500 resil, I can stomp the crap out of an equally geared/skilled ret. Granted someone more skilled or more geared can still chew me up, the pvp gear does make them less of a problem. Now my question is, are all these people complaining about ret pallies now just trying to wear pve gear for arenas/bg's? If so, stop. Just stop. Get at least hateful gear, I got almost a full pvp set in a weeks worth of casual grinding so there is no excuse for anyone. Do VoA every week too. Just stop being a bad player and maybe you can live through that initial burst from a ret. If you still have problems, read forums/wiki's on good strategies for countering their abilities because most likely you are not doing something right.
    First rogue I've seen side with pallies. ty.

Tired of paying the penalty for all these stinky ( ya some nerfs were needed i dont dispute that) ass pvp players complaining cuz they suck at it and a paladin burned them down in 5 seconds as opposed to being burned down in 7 seconds by a rogue or some other class.

I dueled a rogue who had similiar gear as me (my gear score is 2300 so its not crap).  He lit me up 4 or 5 times. I dont pvp much and dont have my action bars set up for pvp so i could have done better but still he smooooooked me i dont even think i dented him.  Later i looked him up and he has a personal arena rating of 2300. Hmmmmmm am i gonna QQ hes too good and OP... hmmm Maybe hes just more experienced and knows what the hell hes doing?

Quote Originally Posted by witness
    Tired of paying the penalty for all these stinky ( ya some nerfs were needed i dont dispute that) ass pvp players complaining cuz they suck at it and a paladin burned them down in 5 seconds as opposed to being burned down in 7 seconds by a rogue or some other class.

I dueled a rogue who had similiar gear as me (my gear score is 2300 so its not crap). He lit me up 4 or 5 times. I dont pvp much and dont have my action bars set up for pvp so i could have done better but still he smooooooked me i dont even think i dented him. Later i looked him up and he has a personal arena rating of 2300. Hmmmmmm am i gonna QQ hes too good and OP... hmmm Maybe hes just more experienced and knows what the hell hes doing?
    I went through the phase of being infuriated about getting 2 shotted by every warrior or paladin that came along but if everyone would just shut up and get their pvp gear they will see that paladin's, while still bursty, are not OP like everyone says. I guess it's easier to go with the crowd and take someone else's word for it that pallies are unstoppable threshing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by witness
    Its sooo annoying to come in here and see the same thing over and over from freakn pally haters all because of pvp and our burst damage. Its actually very simple to understand.
    3. Against highly skilled players in the upper brackets our burst becomes alot less faceroll and we pretty much have to get lucky.
    So does that mean we're OP cuz we faceroll in the lower brackets or does it mean we are nerfed to the ground because we cant do well in the upper brackets?
    mmmmm
    ret still have the most pop in 2200 and above.
    mmmmm
    is it soo hard to understnad.....