Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: The Art of War talent change

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton
    Mmk, ever heard of managing your mana so you don't OOM? We can't really OOM right now because of the way our regen works with replenishment and DP, sooo with the new talent, can you afford to use Exorcism every time? Umm, no. That's why you manage when you can afford to use it and when you can't. Using our instant FoL every time AoW procs would probably OOM us pretty fast too, that's why we choose not to use it every time it goes up. Novel idea, huh?
    in this case im stacking lots and lots of intellect..this way i can alway have more than enough to instant cast Exo. Sound like a big boost DPS. this way everytime i replenish and release a judgement i can recover a lot of my mana back to keep doing the same thing over and over..

Quote Originally Posted by Volly
    in this case im stacking lots and lots of intellect..this way i can alway have more than enough to instant cast Exo. Sound like a big boost DPS. this way everytime i replenish and release a judgement i can recover a lot of my mana back to keep doing the same thing over and over..
    Hey look at that, we just branched into the holy tree... seriously though, you would have to drop a lot of Strength to even get enough Intellect to use Exo on every proc. To make it even worth it, you'd have to get to the spell hit cap, so that's losing even more Strength through gemming for Hit instead. So basically if you tried to do that, good bye to your DPS being somewhat competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton
    Hey look at that, we just branched into the holy tree... seriously though, you would have to drop a lot of Strength to even get enough Intellect to use Exo on every proc. To make it even worth it, you'd have to get to the spell hit cap, so that's losing even more Strength through gemming for Hit instead. So basically if you tried to do that, good bye to your DPS being somewhat competitive.
    Don't Gemm for Hitt unless your in death need of it..it will come from gear..dont you heard of that phase?

anyway how about not doing the instant exo whenever CS,DS,judgement crit, or AoW pop...so wat it should do is it should reduce the tick of exocrism cd..its a 15sec..let see 3move with AoW if desire to pop it..everytime if one of those three move crit or AoW pop the CD on Exo will have it CD reduce by 1 or 2 sec this seem fairly cause it wont ruins FCFS rotation and maintain a good amount of mana back.

in PVP players dont have to worry about exo..cause it dont affect them thanks to blizz

Basically to make what you're saying worthwhile if this change actually happened, you would have to itemize with so much intellect and hit that you'd lose way too much crit, haste and strength on your gear to make it worth it. Basically you would be specc'ing to use the instant Exo's, which would be stupid when it makes up 5% of your total damage compared to CS, DS and Judgements, which are a much much bigger piece of our total damage, not to mention you'd lose the 10% damage buff to CS, DS and Judgements when AoW is up if you used the instant Exo's every time AoW procced.

And I don't really know what you're trying to say about reducing the cooldown. It was kind of hard to understand, but the jist of it sounded something like when AoW procs, the cooldown of Exorcism is reduced by two seconds. I'm not sure how it would work, can you explain the idea a little more indepth? And having instant Exos really wouldn't mess up FCFS, our priorities on attacks would be exactly the same as they are now and Exo would still wait till the other attacks have been used before it gets button smashed.

15+ Year Old Account

Make it work like the Deathknight's ability, it casts a free-Exorcism at the target... of course doing this would probably be TOO bursty in PvE, and it would have to be a seperate talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz
    Exorcism already has an instant cast, unless you meant removed its cooldown when it procs. Either way, doesn't sound appealing. I think Blizzard wanted to change Exorcism so it wasn't just another "unload" attack.
    I bet my bubble it will either:
    A- Work like a combined Curse of Agg and Immo, light front-load damage with a DoT that builds up over time
    B- It will be a Paladin's "Overpower"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Volly
    Don't Gemm for Hitt unless your in death need of it..it will come from gear..dont you heard of that phase?
    *Sigh* He meant SPELL cap, which is MUCH higher than Melee cap (17% total hit if I recall).

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Make it work like the Deathknight's ability, it casts a free-Exorcism at the target... of course doing this would probably be TOO bursty in PvE, and it would have to be a seperate talent.

I bet my bubble it will either:
    A- Work like a combined Curse of Agg and Immo, light front-load damage with a DoT that builds up over time
    B- It will be a Paladin's "Overpower"
    Ok make it 15% chance after DS/CS/Judge crit to cast free exorcism without triggering cooldown.
    Alseria - 80 holy/disc - Stormreaver EU
    Daftknight - 80 Uh(tank)/Frost dps Stormreaver
    Aluces - 80 FF/Frost - Daggerspine EU
    Saeria - 80 Destro - Stormscale EU
    Kush - 80 Feral - Stormreaver
    Latawica - 80 Ret Stormreaver
    Thepie - 70 Sub - Daggerspine
    Kostuch - 70 Marksman Stormreaver
    Saeria - 70 prot Stormreaver
    Lolwtfomg - 70 enhance Daggerspine
    Milkywaylul - 70 feral - Maghteridon EU
    Blooddrinker - 70 demo Khadgar

And now try to tell me i have no clue about what I am saying :<

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alseria
    Ok make it 15% chance after DS/CS/Judge crit to cast free exorcism without triggering cooldown.
    Or make it so they have a 50% chance to reset the CD and make it cost no mana, but it is unable to crit.

And make it have a giant Holy-booger animation and we're set. :P

*Sigh* He meant SPELL cap, which is MUCH higher than Melee cap (17% total hit if I recall).
    It is 17%- a mob 3 levels higher than you (boss), has an 83% chance to be hit by spells without any hit rating or talents.

And no paladin talents are +hit for spells. At least to my knowledge.
    Needs more perkele.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeskalol
    It is 17%- a mob 3 levels higher than you (boss), has an 83% chance to be hit by spells without any hit rating or talents.

And no paladin talents are +hit for any. At least to my knowledge.
    Fixed.

Anyhow yes so 8% of the time you would be missing with Exo.... to the point where you get larger DPS from another ability that has a 100% chance to hit.

EDIT: 262 Hit rating (8% Melee hit) = 9.99%+ Spell hit, so 100-8310= Chance to miss, which is 8%.

Exorcism should be under mechanic, as many spells. This mechanic would apply only for pvp, while spell would be usable in pve in normal state.

It would be in tooltip of the spell, at the end, likes this spell is under effect of increasing power, or something like that.

Every time you would use this spell, its cd would be increased by 20%, and chance it crits+critical damage would be decreased by 5%. Now this would stack up to five times, where critical chance and damage would be decreased by 25% and its cd by 100%. on this point spell would be locked for time as it were previously used.

Like exorcism, with 15sec cd pve spells would change due to this mechani as would player use it against player. first use on player would automatically apply lower crits.

First use, next cd 18 seconds, chance to crit hit and crit damage decreased by 5%
    Second use, next cd 21 seconds, chance to crit hit and crit damage decreased by 10%
    Third use, next cd 25 seconds, chance to crit hit and crit damage decreased by 15%
    Fourth use, next cd 30 seconds, chance to crit hit and crit damage decreased by 20%
    Fifth use, next cd 36 seconds, chance to crit hit and crit damage decreased by 25%

Sixth use after 40 seconds would count as zero use, without any -% damage and this stuff. Seventh use would be fisrt use again.

This mechanic would made new paladin spells to arenas, but that would constantly changs, you would have to charge it up to get the best effect. Also the spell would b under effect of additional resilience, to provide constant damage. Zero use could also give additional 30% damage as dot ofer 15seconds, dot that could crit, making it reward for charging up.

Anyhow yes so 8% of the time you would be missing with Exo.... to the point where you get larger DPS from another ability that has a 100% chance to hit.
    yupp exactly. It wouldn't make sense to use it every time first thing when it popped up, because you'd be messing with FCFS when other attacks are much larger DPS because of their chance to hit. So really, it wouldn't effect FCFS at all, and Exo would still be the last attack we use in our "rotation"

I think you foresaw into the future when you came up with this idea..

Quote Originally Posted by kahler07
    I think you foresaw into the future when you came up with this idea..
    He's ghostcrawler without the blizzard-required-grammar

This is slightly disturbing. Exactly what they put in...

Quote Originally Posted by xdwbx
    This is slightly disturbing. Exactly what they put in...
    HES A SPY!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

lol i love all the people flaming him and then it happens pretty much exactly the way he said it
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&n=Rolybaby

This is slightly disturbing.

Schwarzenegger voice: "Who are you?"
    Q.: What happens when a Paladin uses Consecration while at the same time a Death Knight puts up Desecration?

A.: No man's land.

"Art of War: Now only applies to melee critical hits, but will make your next Flash of Light or Exorcism instant."

only auto attacks or just all melee stuff?