Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Who thinks the Exorcism/AoW change is going to make it to live? (PVP)

Wasnt Blizzard's reasoning for a lot of 3.1's ret nerfs, "Ret Paladins dominate low ranked/low resil teams?"

Dont get me wrong! The fact that we can Exorcism in PvP is beyond amazing and needed, but everyone's going to cry that Exorcism is in play.

300 Resil Player: Oh mah god! Nerf Exorcism! Pallies use it on me ALL the tiem!!11

800+ Resil Player: Oh... So Paladins can use Exorcism against us now? Didnt even notice.

Blizzard Rep: After much communication with the players occupying the PTR, Exorcism will no longer be used Player vs. Player. Keep in mind we never intended for the playerbase to see this actual change to Exorcism in the first place.

Re: Who thinks the Exorcism/AoW change is going to make it to live? (PVP)

Step 1: Crusader strike crit hunters pet

Step 2: come out from behind pillar

Step 3: Nuke hunter at ranged.

step 4: Art of War: Now only applies to melee critical hits, but will make your next Flash of Light or Exorcism instant.

error between step 1 and 3

Quote Originally Posted by bals
    step 4: Art of War: Now only applies to melee critical hits, but will make your next Flash of Light or Exorcism instant.

error between step 1 and 3
    Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Explain.
    Art of War: Now only applies to melee critical hits, but will make your next Flash of Light or Exorcism instant.
    i assume means white damage

Only critical white swings will proc Art of War.

Judgement, Divine Storm and Crusader Strike doesn't proc it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fyske

Where did it say white swings in the blue post?

Crusader strike and Divine storm are melee critical hits.

samuraibane

Quote Originally Posted by fyske

Error #1: Not understanding what the fuck you are talking about. Melee Hits=Damage done through physical means and usually within close (melee) range. The raw volume of retarded crying about "unmitigated" Holy Damage caused several of the Retribution Paladin's attacks to be changed from Holy to Physical... hello? Remember all of that? Or were you not playing a Paladin at that moment in time? If you were playing a Paladin when several of your attacks were changed to Physical then you would know immediately what attacks will proc Art of War after this patch.

Error #2: Never believe you know anything about this class that Adamson and/or Ronark don't know. Correct ME before you try to correct either of them. I pray every night to the gods of all things good for Blizzard to try and hire one or both of them to teach that company how the Paladin class actually works, since they have no clue themselves. When you disagree with them, all you are likely to do is look like a clueless moron that has no idea what the hell you were talking about.

This thread should go into a textbook somewhere for all future MMO-C posters as "What the fuck NOT to ever do".

Quote Originally Posted by samuraibane
    Error #1: Not understanding what the fuck you are talking about. Melee Hits=Damage done through physical means and usually within close (melee) range. The raw volume of retarded crying about "unmitigated" Holy Damage caused several of the Retribution Paladin's attacks to be changed from Holy to Physical... hello? Remember all of that? Or were you not playing a Paladin at that moment in time? If you were playing a Paladin when several of your attacks were changed to Physical then you would know immediately what attacks will proc Art of War after this patch.

Error #2: Never believe you know anything about this class that Adamson and/or Ronark don't know. Correct ME before you try to correct either of them. I pray every night to the gods of all things good for Blizzard to try and hire one or both of them to teach that company how the Paladin class actually works, since they have no clue themselves. When you disagree with them, all you are likely to do is look like a clueless moron that has no idea what the hell you were talking about.

This thread should go into a textbook somewhere for all future MMO-C posters as "What the fuck NOT to ever do".
    bolded a blatantly wrong part. also suck up more

while i may be wrong, it seems worded strangely saying melee criticals. Is divine storm a melee attack? it has an 8 yard aoe while melee range is <5 yards

while i may be wrong, it seems worded strangely saying melee criticals. Is divine storm a melee attack? it has an 8 yard aoe while melee range is <5 yards
    hmm, DS is a melee attack. But maybe now only crit on your current target proc AoW?

and: melee (at least in terms of wow mechanics) does not always mean physical dmg at close range. judgement is considered a melee attack or at least a ranged physicl attack. (procs berserk and FoFF eg)
    ...just another dream within a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr
    hmm, DS is a melee attack. But maybe now only crit on your current target proc AoW?

and: melee (at least in terms of wow mechanics) does not always mean physical dmg at close range. judgement is considered a melee attack or at least a ranged physicl attack. (procs berserk and FoFF eg)
    yes. Why i'm a little unsure what it actually means.

but he said physical damage is a melee hit (usually at close range). this would mean hunter auto shots would be melee hits?

samuraibane

Hey BALS
    (Bolded a blatantly retarded part)

First, I am not sucking up. I know every class in this game frontward and backward, and I still see Ronark and Adamson finding bits and understanding things I was foggy on, and I learn a bit from them both. That's a fact, not a brown-nosing. If you hang around these forums for any length of time, I promise you will eventually figure this shit out. In the meanwhile, I was doing you the favor of trying to help you not look this retarded again later on down the road.

Second, Melee Range is 5 yards. However that "rule" does have some exceptions. Divine Storm is barely more than 5 yards (it's 8). Just like your "white damage" it deals pure physical damage in (basically) melee range. It's not castable within Hand of Protection's Bubble anymore. This places it within the parameters of any Melee Damage Dealing ability, as damage dealing spells have always been castable within protection's bubble. I would strongly suspect that Divine Storm will still proc Art of War. But that's not even the fucking point.

I never singled out Divine Storm. That was all you. Your retarded bullshit was:

"step 4: Art of War: Now only applies to melee critical hits, but will make your next Flash of Light or Exorcism instant.

error between step 1 and 3"

(Again, I have bolded a blatantly retarded part)

I was agreeing that his Crusader Strike technique to use Art of War into Exorcism was 100% viable. Now, this is the part where you try to tell us how Crusader Strike is -NOT- a melee attack. Go ahead, we will sit here and wait. Oh, you can't because it is, in fact, a PURE MELEE ATTACK? Well, I guess you have just proven my point for me.

The whole "I am a forum troll and I will bait and switch by saying some dumb shit about Crusader Strike and then changing the subject to Divine Storm because it is more likely to agree with the shit I am trying to prove" got old in 2008. Give it up dog, it's over.

While I *DO* say that it is better correct me before you try to correct Adamson or Ronark because I have yet to see them post something that was completely wrong. But at the same time, I'd also say it's a good idea not to ever try to correct me unless you are either 100% POSITIVE you know something I don't (and in your case that's obviously not the situation) or if you don't mind looking like a fucking idiot. I hope you don't mind looking like an idiot. I am sure you have had alot of practice and you should be used to it by now though.

Have a nice day.

Hey BALS
    (Bolded a blatantly retarded part)

First, I am not sucking up. I know every class in this game frontward and backward, and I still see Ronark and Adamson finding bits and understanding things I was foggy on, and I learn a bit from them both. That's a fact, not a brown-nosing. If you hang around these forums for any length of time, I promise you will eventually figure this shit out. In the meanwhile, I was doing you the favor of trying to help you not look this retarded again later on down the road.

Second, Melee Range is 5 yards. However that "rule" does have some exceptions. Divine Storm is barely more than 5 yards (it's 8). Just like your "white damage" it deals pure physical damage in (basically) melee range. It's not castable within Hand of Protection's Bubble anymore. This places it within the parameters of any Melee Damage Dealing ability, as damage dealing spells have always been castable within protection's bubble. I would strongly suspect that Divine Storm will still proc Art of War. But that's not even the fucking point.

I never singled out Divine Storm. That was all you. Your retarded bullshit was:

"step 4: Art of War: Now only applies to melee critical hits, but will make your next Flash of Light or Exorcism instant.

error between step 1 and 3"

(Again, I have bolded a blatantly retarded part)

I was agreeing that his Crusader Strike technique to use Art of War into Exorcism was 100% viable. Now, this is the part where you try to tell us how Crusader Strike is -NOT- a melee attack. Go ahead, we will sit here and wait. Oh, you can't because it is, in fact, a PURE MELEE ATTACK? Well, I guess you have just proven my point for me.

The whole "I am a forum troll and I will bait and switch by saying some dumb shit about Crusader Strike and then changing the subject to Divine Storm because it is more likely to agree with the shit I am trying to prove" got old in 2008. Give it up dog, it's over.

While I *DO* say that it is better correct me before you try to correct Adamson or Ronark because I have yet to see them post something that was completely wrong. But at the same time, I'd also say it's a good idea not to ever try to correct me unless you are either 100% POSITIVE you know something I don't (and in your case that's obviously not the situation) or if you don't mind looking like a fucking idiot. I hope you don't mind looking like an idiot. I am sure you have had alot of practice and you should be used to it by now though.

Have a nice day.
    fanboys are funny, and i mentioned divine storm cause adamson did as well.

Where did it say white swings in the blue post?

Crusader strike and Divine storm are melee critical hits.
    see right there

nerdrage harder please i enjoy your dumb posts

What are you talking about?

I'm not nerd raging anything. I can guarantee you divine storm and crusader strike count as these "melee crits" that proc Art of war.

If it was just auto attack, the tooltip/explanation would be like all the other auto attack talents/abilities.

just to blow the clouds away...

everything that is parried or dodged is a melee attack

here u go...
    You have to decide:

1) DK's are stupid/retarded ppl that cant put 1K dps
    2) DK's are the OPest class ever, pwns everyone at everything everywhere

If u answered:

1) STFU with all the QQ posts about DK.. if u re beaten by a retarded guess what u are
    2) If the OPest class that wins you all the time is again pulling 1k DPS(still winning you) guess what u are

What are you talking about?

I'm not nerd raging anything. I can guarantee you divine storm and crusader strike count as these "melee crits" that proc Art of war.

If it was just auto attack, the tooltip/explanation would be like all the other auto attack talents/abilities.
    sorry, i was talking to your biggest fan not you. (should have been more specific after quoting you)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasunizer
    just to blow the clouds away...

everything that is parried or dodged is a melee attack

here u go...
    Crusader strike and divine storm both fall in that category.

samuraibane

fanboys are funny, and i mentioned divine storm cause adamson did as well.

see right there

Wait wait now dog, hold up...
    Just to clarify, you are clearly stating to the entire world that Divine Storm is *NOT* a Melee Attack, and you are also saying that my posts are "dumb" when you originally came in here saying that Crusader Strike is not a melee attack?

The whole "Bait and Switch" to change subjects when you were obviously wrong was weak. You ORIGINALLY called Adamson wrong and in doing so stated Crusader Strike was not a Melee Attack. Let's see you talk a little more in depth about that.

Divine Storm is an 8 yard range melee attack dealing physical damage to up to 4 targets. This was originally a spell effect, and as Holy damage your arguement might have some merit, and I have tried to give some benefit of the doubt about that. And as soon as I gave you an INCH you immediately grabbed that with both hands like it was your "PROOF!!!!!!" that Adamson was wrong. But let's be clear, I was giving you some wiggle room there in case you were a non-paladin that did not understand that Divine Storm was pure physical damage and could logically be considered nothing but a Melee Attack. All you did here was again, make yourself look as clueless as hell.

I again state the obvious:
    "Never believe you know anything about this class that Adamson and/or Ronark don't know. Correct ME before you try to correct either of them. I pray every night to the gods of all things good for Blizzard to try and hire one or both of them to teach that company how the Paladin class actually works, since they have no clue themselves. When you disagree with them, all you are likely to do is look like a clueless moron that has no idea what the hell you were talking about."

These guys spend alot of their time trying to help people understand the Paladin Class so people are not fucking retarded asshats that talk about shit they have no idea about. Stop trying to attack people with fiction, shut the fuck up and LEARN from them. I learn tidbits and get clarity from them every week. And when I play my Paladin, I am much the better for it. That's not me being a fanboy, that's me being thankful for people trying to teach. I don't have the patience to deal with braindead fucking morons like you that spout bullshit all the time. They do. I find that amazing. And if you will stop making fiction up and spreading lies about the way Paladins work, you might learn from them too.

Wait wait now dog, hold up...
    Just to clarify, you are clearly stating to the entire world that Divine Storm is *NOT* a Melee Attack, and you are also saying that my posts are "dumb" when you originally came in here saying that Crusader Strike is not a melee attack?

The whole "Bait and Switch" to change subjects when you were obviously wrong was weak. You ORIGINALLY called Adamson wrong and in doing so stated Crusader Strike was not a Melee Attack. Let's see you talk a little more in depth about that.

Divine Storm is an 8 yard range melee attack dealing physical damage to up to 4 targets. This was originally a spell effect, and as Holy damage your arguement might have some merit, and I have tried to give some benefit of the doubt about that. And as soon as I gave you an INCH you immediately grabbed that with both hands like it was your "PROOF!!!!!!" that Adamson was wrong. But let's be clear, I was giving you some wiggle room there in case you were a non-paladin that did not understand that Divine Storm was pure physical damage and could logically be considered nothing but a Melee Attack. All you did here was again, make yourself look as clueless as hell.

I again state the obvious:
    "Never believe you know anything about this class that Adamson and/or Ronark don't know. Correct ME before you try to correct either of them. I pray every night to the gods of all things good for Blizzard to try and hire one or both of them to teach that company how the Paladin class actually works, since they have no clue themselves. When you disagree with them, all you are likely to do is look like a clueless moron that has no idea what the hell you were talking about."

These guys spend alot of their time trying to help people understand the Paladin Class so people are not fucking retarded asshats that talk about shit they have no idea about. Stop trying to attack people with fiction, shut the fuck up and LEARN from them. I learn tidbits and get clarity from them every week. And when I play my Paladin, I am much the better for it. That's not me being a fanboy, that's me being thankful for people trying to teach. I don't have the patience to deal with braindead fucking morons like you that spout bullshit all the time. They do. I find that amazing. And if you will stop making fiction up and spreading lies about the way Paladins work, you might learn from them too.
    physical damage does not mean it's melee. the two are not correlated in any way. hunter auto shots are physical damage (so they're melee right!)

that was the main thing i was trying to point out to you is dumb. Adamson is probably right, I just think it's a a little oddly worded as it is now. (reading up on the rogue talent focused attacks since it's the only other talent worded the same, it does work on anything in melee skills and oddly only works with fan of knives (8 yard range) when the mobs are within <=5 yards)

keep nerdraging

Just to clarify something, any attack that has its damage modified by your melee weapon's base damage is a melee attack. Doesnt matter the range. I'm pretty sure even the warriors new range attack is considered melee.

An ability causing spell damage has nothing to do with it not being melee. DKs frost strike and scourge strike do magic damage but they are modified by melee weapon damage, hence melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :