Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Who thinks the Exorcism/AoW change is going to make it to live? (PVP)

Easiest way to put it: If the current AoW procs off of (currently) Judgement, CS, and DS, and is almost up whenever we want it, why would Blizzard increase the chance for it to proc two-fold (through CS reduced cooldown and addition to white hits?

Simple logic here tends to lead to Judgement not counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjarobot44
    I love how I have actually PROVEN my case several times now and people still don't realize how many times I have pointed out their mistakes. While it is possible for EJ to be wrong, I'm certain they have people who research that information extensively so I'm inclined to believe them over people like Ronark and yourself who choose to belive your assumptions on a game mechanic over the truth despite it staring you in the face.
    You can say a Dog can breathe underwater 10 times, but that doesn't mean they can.

Whether judgement is a melee attack or not. And it probably is currently listed as a melee attack in the game data.

The fact remains that blizzard changed the tooltip for a reason, none of us can seriously believe that they would add a new ability to art of war and then increase its proc rate?

So sure, judgement probably will still proc art of war when the PTR goes live, and everyone will get all excited until the next patch comes out when blizzard will most likely band aid judgement in order to stop it working, and cause even more problems than it caused e.g. hit problems etc

If blizzard wanted it to work on judgements, the tooltip would say so since they wouldn't want to confuse all the non 'hardcore' people that have actually gone into the game files and found out what judgement is listed under. So basically, yes judgement may proc art of war in the first build, but that is most likely going to be a bug and will cause more problems for us down the line....so lets hope judgement doesn't proc art of war.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus
    Whether judgement is a melee attack or not. And it probably is currently listed as a melee attack in the game data.

The fact remains that blizzard changed the tooltip for a reason, none of us can seriously believe that they would add a new ability to art of war and then increase its proc rate?

So sure, judgement probably will still proc art of war when the PTR goes live, and everyone will get all excited until the next patch comes out when blizzard will most likely band aid judgement in order to stop it working, and cause even more problems than it caused e.g. hit problems etc

If blizzard wanted it to work on judgements, the tooltip would say so since they wouldn't want to confuse all the non 'hardcore' people that have actually gone into the game files and found out what judgement is listed under. So basically, yes judgement may proc art of war in the first build, but that is most likely going to be a bug and will cause more problems for us down the line....so lets hope judgement doesn't proc art of war.
    God that is SO true. : /

OKKKK..... saying that hunters deal RANGED MELEE is the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. There is no such thing as ranged melee. It's ranged physical damage.

I'm going to say this one more time, just so everyone can see it and be clear:

JUST BECAUSE AN ATTACK USES THE MELEE HIT TABLE DOES NOT MAKE IT A MELEE ATTACK. THE GAME REGISTERS IT AS A MELEE BECAUSE IT USES THE MELEE HIT TABLE, THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT IS MELEE. A HUNTER'S AUTO-SHOT IS NOT A MELEE ATTACK, IT'S RANGED PHYSICAL.

Once again, I don't care how much data-mining EJ does and how often they blow each other because they believe they are the greatest WoW players/analysts ever. Last time I checked, when I was running up to an NPC and used Judgement, I didn't say "Yeah take that melee to the face!!" It has no weapon modifier, all melee attacks have weapon modifiers. Deal with it.

You can look at the tooltip for AoW and just tell that they mean that Judgement is not going to proc it, being that it's the only "melee" (LOLOLOLOL) attack that's questionable on the tooltip.

Sorry I'm just really fucking tired of the EJ crowd humpers that think because they read the "how-to Ret" thread that they automatically know everything about the class.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton
    OKKKK..... saying that hunters deal RANGED MELEE is the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. There is no such thing as ranged melee. It's ranged physical damage.

I'm going to say this one more time, just so everyone can see it and be clear:

JUST BECAUSE AN ATTACK USES THE MELEE HIT TABLE DOES NOT MAKE IT A MELEE ATTACK. THE GAME REGISTERS IT AS A MELEE BECAUSE IT USES THE MELEE HIT TABLE, THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT IS MELEE. A HUNTER'S AUTO-SHOT IS NOT A MELEE ATTACK, IT'S RANGED PHYSICAL.

Once again, I don't care how much data-mining EJ does and how often they blow each other because they believe they are the greatest WoW players/analysts ever. Last time I checked, when I was running up to an NPC and used Judgement, I didn't say "Yeah take that melee to the face!!" It has no weapon modifier, all melee attacks have weapon modifiers. Deal with it.

You can look at the tooltip for AoW and just tell that they mean that Judgement is not going to proc it, being that it's the only "melee" (LOLOLOLOL) attack that's questionable on the tooltip.

Sorry I'm just really fucking tired of the EJ crowd humpers that think because they read the "how-to Ret" thread that they automatically know everything about the class.
    ROFL that made me laugh! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjarobot44
    I love how I have actually PROVEN my case several times now and people still don't realize how many times I have pointed out their mistakes. While it is possible for EJ to be wrong, I'm certain they have people who research that information extensively so I'm inclined to believe them over people like Ronark and yourself who choose to belive your assumptions on a game mechanic over the truth despite it staring you in the face.
    *sigh* not everything in this game follows the same rules. Example:

The talent Twin Disciplines in the Discipline tree for Priests increases damage and healing of instant cast spells by 5%. It also affects 2 chanelled spells, Penance and Mind Flay. These spells are not instant, but still gain the effect, while other chanelled spells do not. Logically you can prove that they should not gain this benefit, but they still do.

Stop assuming and wait for the test realm. An educated guess is still a guess.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

C'mon Pallies. This post was made for us to rise together and have a laugh over baddies saying we're OP And here all of you are bickering about the new AoW! You're all trolls. Trolls, I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by riddz0r
    Wasnt Blizzard's reasoning for a lot of 3.1's ret nerfs, "Ret Paladins dominate low ranked/low resil teams?"

Dont get me wrong! The fact that we can Exorcism in PvP is beyond amazing and needed, but everyone's going to cry that Exorcism is in play.

300 Resil Player: Oh mah god! Nerf Exorcism! Pallies use it on me ALL the tiem!!11

800+ Resil Player: Oh... So Paladins can use Exorcism against us now? Didnt even notice.

Blizzard Rep: After much communication with the players occupying the PTR, Exorcism will no longer be used Player vs. Player. Keep in mind we never intended for the playerbase to see this actual change to Exorcism in the first place.
    Your stupid, nobody says "OMG mages ue icelance all the time on me!!! NERF ICELANCE!!!" and if they do again, they are just stupid. If you cant read maby you should look at the burst nerf pallys are taking. If you STILL cant understand then just stop posting.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    The talent Twin Disciplines in the Discipline tree for Priests increases damage and healing of instant cast spells by 5%. It also affects 2 chanelled spells, Penance and Mind Flay. These spells are not instant, but still gain the effect, while other chanelled spells do not. Logically you can prove that they should not gain this benefit, but they still do.
    Channelled spells have always been considered instant for the purposes of Mental Agility from day 1 of the game, so your example is at best based on a false premise. At worst, though...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton

Actually if I remember correctly, the Judgements of Blood and Command have weapon damage components, 26% and 24% respectively.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaster
    Actually if I remember correctly, the Judgements of Blood and Command have weapon damage components, 26% and 24% respectively.
    Sorry, you're right, it having a weapon modifier does not mean it is melee.

Judgement of Blood - [.36MW+.16AP+.25SP]
    Judgement of Command - [.24MW+.16AP+.25SP]

This was an overstatement on my behalf. However, the damage components of an attack do not classify what it is. In all senses except how the game registers it in files, it is a spell. Technically, with how the game registers Judgements, it would be classified as a "ranged physical attack". This still does not make it a melee attack. It is a spell modified to use the melee hit table, which was done because it is one of our main attacks, as well as one of our biggest regen abilities, and having to reach the spell hitcap for a melee class in order to keep our mana would be too much for Blizzard to have us do, so they modified it accordingly. This is a conclusion reached using common sense and reasoning, so if you still want to argue, be my guest, because it's just going to fall on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    Channelled spells have always been considered instant for the purposes of Mental Agility from day 1 of the game, so your example is at best based on a false premise. At worst, though...
    Thank you for proving my point. Not all talents and abilities do exactly what they say in the tooltip wording.

Mental Agility says it affects instant spells, but it also affects channeled spells.
    Twin Disciplines says it affects instant spells, but also affects two channelled spells, and no other ones.

I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.