Thread: 3.2 holy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 3.2 holy

Quote Originally Posted by Taotao
    Maybe it is just me but on 90% encounters i there is no way i have time for more than _maybe_ 1 melee hit.Talking about hard modes or tough achievements as pretty much only those count (since normal mode is pretty much faceroll , doesnt matter what you do and im not elitist here ;/), pretty much every single fight is very intensive and im casting almost whole fight ,stop even for couple seconds means something will die.
    Try this.

#showtooltip Judgement of x
    /assist
    /cast Judgment of x
    /startattack

When targeting the tank, you can use this macro to judg and melee hit the boss with only one click. If the judg cooldown is down, you will still be able to melee the boss. Now you just need to time the boss' hits and regen your mana. You can use this in almost all Ulduar hard modes. Freya, Hodir, xt, Mimiron (phase 2 and 3 only), Council, Yog Saron (phase 2 and 3). The only fight that I really don't recommend this is Thorim hard mode, since getting in melee range means one more to increase his chain lighting dmg. So, it's quite possible to regen thousands of mana from Seal of Wisdom, even in hard modes.

What makes me mad about it is that Seal of Wisdom and Divine Plea shouldn't exist, or be used so often by healers. Our mana regen is high because we can use Divine Plea without any worrys in most of fights, or where melee hitting the boss isn't a issue. A healer shouldn't be decreasing his heals or dpsing the boss to regen mana, imo. Paladins, before 3.0, used to regen mana only with Illumination and mp5 (potions, mana tide and shadow priests are not paladin's skils), so we would benefit for healing and mp5, not stupid mechanics like Plea. They are nerfing the wrong skills, Illumination is great and fun, wisdom and plea are overpowered and facerolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    They are nerfing the wrong skills, Illumination is great and fun, wisdom and plea are overpowered and facerolling.
    Couldn't agree more.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kungfumonkey
    using seal of wisdom for mana regen is surprisingly easy on most bosses.
    it just means you have to be a bit more "pro-active" in the raid rather than just planting your feet and one button casting your holy light.
    Those who are bitching about it i suggest you give it a go.. you will be surprised how effective and simple it is. It also spices things up a bit
    Pro-active? That is making sure your next heal is casting or planning your next heal that came off of CD and paying attention to the fight and other raid members who need healing besides the tank.

BTW. Planting your feet and spamming one button never happens.

If you or anyone else has time to self heal through AE damage to regen mana through melee strikes go ahead.

It's a stupid practice and if i ever see anyone do it i'll boot them from a raid.

In a Raid Healers are supposed to HEAL the raid members. Not put themselves in damage situations where they need to be healed.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

shock... dude. i'm not sure what hole your head has been in for the last 6 months, but SoW + JoW does yield some pretty amazing mana returns. no one is saying it's possible for every encounter, but it's much easier than you seem to think it is (and fairly easy on the majority of fights imo). it doens't require "planting your feet and spamming one button" and your tanks aren't going to be dying at your feet while you melee away to regen mana like you make it sound.

you judge the target... stand in melee range... and auto attack. that's it. you don't have to sit there and go through this big "should i heal or should i hit the boss" dilemma. you just heal like you normally would and during breaks in your healing (which i assume happens... unless you truly are the epidemy of a "spammer") or during instant casts you automatically melee and get mana back. on a few fights you have to be a little creative and move around a little, but that's not been a problem for me at all.

also... little fyi. i can't think of any boss where standing behind him increase your chance to take dmg with the possible exception of kolo... just b/c you can't get behind him without dying (read melee him from the side). and you can boot me from your raid when your guild catches up to mine on progression. =P

Sorry, but using Seal of Wisdom thing to get mana back just sounds STUPID.

Although you CAN do it, I dont think thats how its intended to be used.

And sounds just stupid, to say the least, to be a healer who runs up to a monster and wacks away at him to get mana back while healing the party/raid.

Thats NOT how i want to play my class.

/facedesk

why do i even both to post or read mmo...

Quote Originally Posted by delancia

And sounds just stupid, to say the least, to be a healer who runs up to a monster and wacks away at him to get mana back while healing the party/raid.

OK - enjoy not having mana or complaining about not having mana.

Guys and girls, don't use seal of wisdom! It's bade!!! I'm perfectly fine with you not accepting/using my advice. Why? Because the less people use seal of wisdom as mana regen in PVE, the least likely it is to be nerfed into the ground just like the rest of paladin regen abilities. That would make me quite upset. So please, make me a happy camper and do not use it.

:-*
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

I do wonder about some people...
    hey on the bright side you make the rest of us look good.
    I have to agree with nwo as well though.. part of me wants the seal of wisdom mana regen trick to be just my "dirty little" secret. That way blizz will never realise how good it can be not nerf it.

I know im taking it out of context as well but delancia's
    "using Seal of Wisdom thing to get mana back just sounds STUPID.
    Although you CAN do it, I dont think thats how its intended to be used."

yes.. using seal of wisdom (who's main function / reason for existing is to regen mana) to regen mana is just crazy talk..

One of the main joys of this game for me is finding new, effective and inventive ways to play my class. If blizz had really intended holy pallys to use seal of wisdom to regen mana they would have made it so easy it would be boring (probably something crap like.. errmm yeah just put it on and it regens mana).. at least this way we have to work for it.

We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by delancia

God I hope you're a troll. if not.. humanity has no future.

I would love for you to explain to me what seal of wisdom IS intended for.
    I Surf on Exodus Tears