Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How is the FoL + Sacred Shield Change a viable Raid Heal???

Have any of you thought that perhaps the 'versatility' addition wasnt related to mindlessly spamming a single spell indefinitely with nearly no regard for what's actually going on? automatons!

Here's your versatility, and your 'hey, healing is only half boring now':
    Situation: You are tank healing as a holy paladin in a yet nonexistent 10man. your other healer is, say, a druid.
    Boss aoes.
    You have already SS'd the tank, buying you time to flash a single non-tank, helping the druid and conserving their mana (as flash is the most mana efficient in a ratio comparison). The Hot, not strong but sufficient, bought you that flash on the dps, and you can now lead off your return to the tank with a shock, a flash, and a return to holy lighting. you remember to SS and flash to maintain the HoT and the absorption effects, effectively increasing your total healing by the HoT value when under single-target circumstances.

Strategery.

As for mobility, it does help.
    ==pretend you're in an idealized arena (I know this is far from the truth, but i really dont care). you have a dps (omai!) who gets separated (dipshit!), though they have to keep out of a kite. you can SS them, flash them, and then run while throwing a shock, taking far less time than, say, casting flash twice and standing around while you yell over vent that your partner is a fucktard for getting out of range, that your class sucks, and that you have no options whatsoever to keep them alive while moving to keep up with the battle.

think. I know it's hard, hearing potential solutions to your problems from a ret, and actually having to think, but it's time.

I believe that these changes will seperate the good holy paladins from the bad ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketSaturos
    I believe that these changes will seperate the good holy paladins from the bad ones.

the bad ones are the ones who come to the forums saying its a crappy change.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen
    I actually wouldn't if GC hadn't stated:
    The Beacon change (through the HL glyph) and the SS change give paladins a little more versatility in raid healing and healing on the run.
    Well, there's your answer right there, he sees the Beacon change coupled with HL glyph as a change in versatility during raid healing and SS change as a change in versatility when healing on the run. Would it help you, if he added 'respectively' at the end of the sentence?

first of all the new hot paladins got is quite OP. i ran several tests (no screenies) in raids 5man naxx 10. hte point i am making is that the hot "stacks" the same way Sheat of Light does. (in the ret tree) also the same way Ignite stack etc. wich means its OP. try it urself and see. so fol spamm will keep a 12k hot on the tank without u doing anything wich is the power of the spell. so we shouldnt qq on the hot we should embrace it instead. 5k fol/4 (tick evry 3 sec) is 1.25kx10=12.5k hot. so yes FOL is OP now and blizzard fails at mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Theadred
    first of all the new hot paladins got is quite OP. i ran several tests (no screenies) in raids 5man naxx 10. hte point i am making is that the hot "stacks" the same way Sheat of Light does. (in the ret tree) also the same way Ignite stack etc. wich means its OP. try it urself and see. so fol spamm will keep a 12k hot on the tank without u doing anything wich is the power of the spell. so we shouldnt qq on the hot we should embrace it instead. 5k fol/4 (tick evry 3 sec) is 1.25kx10=12.5k hot. so yes FOL is OP now and blizzard fails at mechanics.
    It doesn't work like that according to all posts I've read; a new FoL will simply overwrite the HoT and cause it to never tick if FoL spamming even if it is a lower HPS HoT. It does not (currently) roll like sheath does, and that is most peoples' issues with it from what I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco cracona
    It doesn't work like that according to all posts I've read; a new FoL will simply overwrite the HoT and cause it to never tick if FoL spamming even if it is a lower HPS HoT. It does not (currently) roll like sheath does, and that is most peoples' issues with it from what I can see.

t did for me atleast

The best well to heal on 3.2 IMO:

Target on the off-tanker
    Beacon on the tanker
    Sacred Shield on the tanker

Flash and Holy Shocks with mouseover macros.
    Holy Lights on the target
    With the t9 4p bonus the hot on the tank might be usefull, make sure to have it full time.

Just not sure what libra to use: furious or badge one.

Sadly, even with the lastest build changes, it still suffer from overwriting bigger HoT with worse heals and the fact it can get penalized up to 3 times.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    The SS + FoL change will be awesome for me as Prot in PvP. I realise it's more potent for PvE, but still, i can throw a heal on myself when the first attack comes in, get the crit heal (hopefully) because the shield is up, and have the HoT ticking for a small amount. It's not gonna be much, but it's there. I tested it on the PTR, and it's quite nice, and against rogues and such who deal a lot of small damage hits, it's quite potent. I didn't struggle against them anyway, but it's still a nice change.
    Same with Rets, except we gain 2 DoTs if the heal crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstrike

the bad ones are the ones who come to the forums saying its a crappy change.
    /highfive
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

I am really not liking where my paladin healer is atm. I just get wrecked on healing charts every where even when i clearly out gear them.

Healing assignments. Druid + priest raid heal shaman on ot druid MT .. paladin just support heal or something ( true story )

If they use meters to show how effective you are compared to someone soley on raid healing, then your guild is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy3k
    this was ment to buff prot healing paladins and retri paladins in pvp, because the absorb from sacred shield was not enough, so ye, prot and ret need more survivabiltiy-_-

no wait, blizz employees goes to town on a rubber doll!
    No it wasnt. Stop talking out your behind.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Adonlol
    If they use meters to show how effective you are compared to someone soley on raid healing, then your guild is retarded.
    ^
    If this was the case we'd start sitting some healers for more rets, lul.

just my pov.

i am ok with spamming FoL instead of HL but what i would like to see is another rank on FoL to be able to get out enough healing with FoL for the tank.

the new BoL is good ofc and i would beacon the tank and raid heal like crazy on hodir (frozen blows) for example and wouldent worrie as much for the tank as i can do atm.

i would like to see infusion of light to take off atleast 0,5 sec on HL when HS crits, atleast i feel that taking the GC from HS and cast a HL can take longer then wanted. (ofc i say so since im holy)

going back to FoL, with the increase of mp5 to balance the nerf for crits, i cant see that really but as i see it i can live with that, if we can have FoL as a bit stronger heal we would have the mp5 per auto from all the gear, i would still like to see pretty good crit % just for the sake of the higher heals.

and bliz was worried that holy paladins didnt like to stack int, well i do, but if they want to make FoL better, you could go for what gems you want and need. if you got a nice mana pool, stack some more SP or whatever.

regarding the HoT from SS+FoL, well, i cant complain, but i wont count on it in any way in PvE, it will help PvP tho, have to say that i aint much into PvP myself atm, maybe that will change if it goes live.

well anyways, thats whats been on the small brain of mine for some time.