Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Zoialord

Re: Exorcism for palatanks

Ah in that scenario yeah i can see why Exo would come in handy.

I dont really pug much as tbh a lot of the people you pug with (on my realm atleast) have no brains about the class they play (example i had a few day's ago when asked to tank for a friend, was a rogue pulling mobs when i was explaining to a friend who had never been there what the abilitys were, ofc the rogue complained about dying a lot and his T8 repair bill, but guess it goes to show dont need brains to wear T8 )

I guess a lot of scenario's like that will make it harder in a sense. I'm just looking at it from a Raid/Heroic point of view and thinking it's not really a "needed" skill as such. Plus the PvP implications would make it a nightmare (prot's are already getting complained about as with the new AD and Holy gear they are nigh on unkillable, which ofcourse people who know the class know that isnt really the case but meh lol)

I just dont think looking at the bigger picture and how much Prot-healers are complained about in pvp now, they will ever let Prot have an instant attack that packs a punch like Exo.

For me i guess i just dont think we do that badly at the mo, we have came a long way since Vanilla (Tankadin? wth is a tankadin!). My main spec is a Ret and yes i know all the "lolret, faceroll" and the rest of it but i've played all three spec's (even to the fact i have three level 80 paladins... damn you dual specs ). I just cant get why people complain so much at an ability that was sort of a luxury to us get's removed. Especially when you look at it overall we have came so far and as blizz have stated nothing is set in stone, thing's can and do change.

Seal of Vengeance got buffed, you're using that, right? That'll off-set at least some of the damage that you'll lose from Exorcism.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    But, I was able to tank without Exorcism, and I'll still be able to.
    ^

This.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zoialord
    I just dont think looking at the bigger picture and how much Prot-healers are complained about in pvp now, they will ever let Prot have an instant attack that packs a punch like Exo.
    That's why I suggested that the glyph to make it instant but not castable on player targets. So I don't see how it would impact PvP at all.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dawnrose
    That's why I suggested that the glyph to make it instant but not castable on player targets. So I don't see how it would impact PvP at all.
    the point isnt that they would be afraid of us abusing it in PvP,

its that they dont want prot paladins to use it in PvE, without risk.

Effectively its like a second taunt, and undead and demon mobs it can be an asston of threat.

Its more meant for Ret DPS, and I am sure they do not want Prot Paladin TPS to get that out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    the point isnt that they would be afraid of us abusing it in PvP,

its that they dont want prot paladins to use it in PvE, without risk.

Effectively its like a second taunt, and undead and demon mobs it can be an asston of threat.

Its more meant for Ret DPS, and I am sure they do not want Prot Paladin TPS to get that out of control.
    Actually no. If they wanted to hurt Pally TPS or not have a taunt like ability, they wouldn't have buffed the Taunt Damage to make up for the Exo loss.

It's PVP Balance. They've balanced the game around PVP, always have, always will.

I'm not complaining saying Blizz sucks or anything, just saying that's how it is lately. And more and more changes have been made for PVP stuffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Actually no. If they wanted to hurt Pally TPS or not have a taunt like ability, they wouldn't have buffed the Taunt Damage to make up for the Exo loss.

It's PVP Balance. They've balanced the game around PVP, always have, always will.

I'm not complaining saying Blizz sucks or anything, just saying that's how it is lately. And more and more changes have been made for PVP stuffs.
    actually NO,

read patch notes they kinda did buff the taunt damage, IE hand of reckoning, it should do an easy 2k damage that can most likely crit.

the change was not much of a pvp balance because it only adds to ret paladin burst, it also gives a second viable option over AoW procs.

Also read blue posts, because when they talked about HoR change they specifically mentioned that it did about the same damage as exorcism.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    He was talking about the pull back, I told him the adds are immune to it, you moron.
    Way to be fucking dumb.

Really, shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about, and don't make idiotic excuses.
    OMG another cry baby fucking euro fag

What Rofl? Speak English?

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    actually NO,

read patch notes they kinda did buff the taunt damage, IE hand of reckoning, it should do an easy 2k damage that can most likely crit.

the change was not much of a pvp balance because it only adds to ret paladin burst, it also gives a second viable option over AoW procs.

Also read blue posts, because when they talked about HoR change they specifically mentioned that it did about the same damage as exorcism.
    If it wasn't a PVP balance, then why Remove Instant Exor's ability to be used in PVP in the first place? Then, to make it usable in PVP, make it have a cast time that becomes instant to the DPS spec, Ret; the more popular PVP spec?

In a sense, it gives Ret a Rotation; however the Taunt damage attack only applies to when the target is not on you, meaning it won't be a threat builder in PVE like Exorcism could be.

In short, it was too powerful for PVP, so it was removed from PVP use, but because they didn't want it to be not usable in PVP, they give it a cast time.
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

Just sort of a side point, but mentioning Deathgrip is pretty stupid since most raid mobs are immune to the grip part. Just like other classes though, DKs have other abilities to help them pick up mobs (the real issue is runes being on CD when you need them), blood boil, dark command, howling blast and icy touch.

So pallys have a couple ranged abilities, druids have a charge and FF, warriors have a charge and throw, DKs have basically to ranged taunts (unless lucky enough that the mob can actually be gripped). Sorry I don't see the issue here, it looks pretty much the same to me.

As someone else said, it's a l2play issue here. If it's a newly spawned add a taunt is enough to get it to you. Your dps are stupid if they just start blasting away at mobs that spawned instead of focusing on the mobs you are already tanking, and they need to l2play. Only time dps should be trying to kill untanked adds is like XT where they don't go after players or adds with no aggro table.

No one can help Pug'd Dps. Not everyone's guild runs 25 Vault.