Is gemming for intellect still the way to go in 3.2???

To be honest, I have not had the opportunity to raid on the PTR yet so this post is more of a place to discuss the question. Looking at the math though, it would seem that +16 intellect et al. is still the way to go since Illumination is getting cut once again. However, with the changes to Beacon of Light and the FoL+SS mechanisms, does +19 spellpower become more attractive?

Would love to hear what my fellow pallies think.

Re: Is gemming for intellect still the way to go in 3.2???

Personally... I think I will ALWAYS gem for int.

We get a small amount of spellpower and crit from it, and having a decent sized mana pool is so nice for fights like Hard Mode Freya.

The way I see it is, if you are out of mana... it won't matter what your spellpower is

Ive been thinking about the same thing. blizz has been trying to make us go back to flash spamming for a long time, and i think they finally got me to consider it. ive been considering gemming mostly SP, and seeing if i can get ths single target HPS anywhere near comparable to single target HPS from HLs. if so, then i will prolly stick with it. my only concern with the spec, is the uses of both haste and crit. as a flasher spec, both haste and crit arnt great. this is because with my current gear, my raid buffed flash is already at a one second cast time. the soft haste cap for flashers is pretty small. crit isnt very useful, mostly because of illimunation. i think I was getting 92 mana from flash crits on the PTR. that doesnt make crit add up to alot. sure the crits mean more healing, but I cant rely on a spell critting when i need it, and i usually prepare a spell to heal mostly to full without a crit, so most of it is overhealing.

Im The first thing im go ing to try is putting 2 INT JC gems in my yellow sockets, one SP JC gem for the last JC gem available, and then gemming SP where i can with the rest (royal twilight opals, Runed, Luminous). I always like to have at least a little added int.

The result of the spec, also depends on mana. if i im going oom with this spec despite the MP5, then i will just go back int stacking and HLs, and spam divine plea, which was the only mana regain tool that really needed the nerf.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

We habe mana regeneration we have that doesn't scale with int, Illumination and mp5. Of course int will give more crits, which will give more mana from Illumination, but it's still not the main point.
    They buffed mp5, they nerfed Illumination. Divine Plea, Seal of Wisdom and Replenish are still the same (or small nerfs only), all of them scale only with int.

So yes, int ftw.

ewww sp... one of the worst stats for a holy pally.

Int is still gonna be the way to go. Just because your mana regen from crits is getting nerfed doesn't mean that int is no longer the best stat for a holy pally. It still provides the most amount of stats per point.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    ewww sp... one of the worst stats for a holy pally.
    I seemed to notice that unless its a huge jump, once you hit around the 2000-2200 area, spell power seems to piddle out a little as far as how much of a change it makes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketSaturos
    I seemed to notice that unless its a huge jump, once you hit around the 2000-2200 area, spell power seems to piddle out a little as far as how much of a change it makes.
    Yes, when you get to 2k unbuffed you are fine. But procs like Pandora's Plea can really make a diference, but it's 800 spell power, it should be good.

With crit out the window on a regen stat, you are only left with needing to stack even more int than before.

When in doubt - experiment. It's what I plan on doing anyway. I'm currently building up two sets - one is my current int heavy set which relies on HL spamming etc, and another which gets the 1 second FoL and gems for both Spell power and mp5 to see how they stack up.

That said testing said sets is another matter. Variables FTL.