Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Next Hero Class "Brewmaster" and race "Pandaern"

Well they released the Death Knights which are offensive to the Chinese, so why not the Pandarens? (besides their being a joke)

With the Death Knight release the Chinese never got the WotLK expansions, causing the company that did the Chinese version and servers to go out of business and bought by Electronic Arts, who is now switching all the servers and everything to a new game. Not really anymore reason to worry about a panda in a game, last expansion did all the damage that would have been done already.

why did you make a thread about this? you know they aren't going to put either of these things in the game.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

15+ Year Old Account

NEWSFLASH

Panderan were not offensive to the Chinese. They were deemed offensive by The9. The9 no longer runs World of Warcraft. Draw your own conclusion.

/NEWSFLASH

R.I.P. YARG

Wazdakka

Death Knights didn't get released in China. They've had changes made to them, just like the Foresaken and Abominations.

They're Rune Knights now or some shizz.

Yes it started as a joke, everyone knows that. But just because something starts as a joke doesn't mean it's automatically discarded.

From Blizzcast #1
    Well, it started off, you know, a bunch of years back when I had a daughter, right. And, when she was born, for Christmas I usually draw a picture for my family. Like a personal one. And so I did, for that picture, for some reason, I decided to do like a panda guy because, actually, also like “Samwise,” “Panda” is my nickname because I’m kind of a big hairy bear dude, but I’m not very fearsome. So I got the nickname “Panda.” So I drew a picture of a panda with a little panda cub on the shoulder and that was the picture for Christmas, that I gave to all my family. And “Oh, it’s because he had a little kid. He’s getting soft!” You know? Whatever. It’s for the family. I had to do something that Grandma would like.

But so we put that up in there and everyone was like “Oh my God! A PANDA RACE? That’s kind of cool!” And I’m like “Are you kidding me, really? You want to see pandas in Warcraft III or whatever?” So, we made like a whole fake April Fools page with different units and all that and people, you know – we thought people would be like “NO WAY!” – and everyone actually liked it and when they found out it was an April Fools joke they were like “Aw, that sucks.” So we’ve kind of just dropped little bits of panda stuff. Like I do that all the time in my pictures. I’ll hide a picture of a panda face. Like it was on Illidan’s blades, back in the day, just put it on there. See if anyone noticed. And they did. Good job, guys. Two points. And ever since then it’s just been kind of a thing. We’re like “Oh, you’re the panda guy.”
    That's all we know about it I think. Someone care to link extra info about it instead of saying "We discarded it because it started as a joke." ?
    Anyway the Pandaren are a real race in the warcraft lore and I believe the joke argument isn't really valid.

Now this thing about the chinese. Yeah the chinese have a rivalry against the japanese, something about they fighting each other for centuries (only stopped around 60 years ago), lots of blood spilled and territories lost/regained, so vieweing a chinese symbol using traditional japanese attire might tick some of them off.

But last time I checked the chinese aren't very fond of skeletons (and most stuff related to dead people) so they simply censored it by adding flesh to the skeleton models. They can also simply change the models of Pandaren to bears or simply remove japanese clothing from the Pandaren NPCs (players will be wearing other crap).

Unless blizzard has clearly stated otherwise (and link it ffs) there's no reason for the Pandaren to not be implemented. There just hasn't been any reason to, and they're probably waiting for an opportunity.

edit: formatting

Ligerio

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    Yes it started as a joke, everyone knows that. But just because something starts as a joke doesn't mean it's automatically discarded.

From Blizzcast #1
    That's all we know about it I think. Someone care to link extra info about it instead of saying "We discarded it because it started as a joke." ?
    Anyway the Pandaren are a real race in the warcraft lore and I believe the joke argument isn't really valid.

Now this thing about the chinese. Yeah the chinese have a rivalry against the japanese, something about they fighting each other for centuries (only stopped around 60 years ago), lots of blood spilled and territories lost/regained, so vieweing a chinese symbol using traditional japanese attire might tick some of them off.

But last time I checked the chinese aren't very fond of skeletons (and most stuff related to dead people) so they simply censored it by adding flesh to the skeleton models. They can also simply change the models of Pandaren to bears or simply remove japanese clothing from the Pandaren NPCs (players will be wearing other crap).

Unless blizzard has clearly stated otherwise (and link it ffs) there's no reason for the Pandaren to not be implemented. There just hasn't been any reason to, and they're probably waiting for an opportunity.
    Well said!

Yes gief panda playable race ;(
    Also correct the 2x times PandaERN you maked.its pandaREN.
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Wazdakka
    Death Knights didn't get released in China. They've had changes made to them, just like the Foresaken and Abominations.

They're Rune Knights now or some shizz.

Checking for current info..... The9 is gone now, NetEase is taking over WoW. Everything is currently shut down until they get things set back up. WotLK still has not been approved by the Chinese government. The last version summitted had the Death Knight class completely removed as still wasn't approved.

Ligerio

Re: Next Hero Class "Brewmaster" and race "Pandaren"

Their possible appearance in WoW has been hinted at multiple times by Blizzard. Katricia: "Maybe they will be found in the beta or retail version of the game and maybe they will be granted a special place in an expansion. Just imagine how exciting it will be to find one!" and "pandaren will not be a playable race ... at this time. Will they make cameo appearances in the game as NPCs? Some things are best left unanswered I think "

Source, http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren

Look also here http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...ndarenfire.JPG
    One of their abilities as a Brewmaster I would think, Breath of Fire, imagine that? Fire coming out of your mouth, very neat. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by miekkagoon
    Do you rly know what is story behind pandaren?
    They were a joke which was given to W3 from crying of fan base

i answer whit cold simplicity

NEVER!

FOR PANDARIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I hope not.
    Hi

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nest
    I hope not.
    Me too, they we're first intended as a joke and I hope it stays that way.. would love a monk class though:P

Quote Originally Posted by chotnik
    How come Taurens are not offence to India and whole "Holy cow" thing...
    This is why you dont see Priest and/or Paladin Tauren
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

Re: Next Hero Class "Brewmaster" and race "Pandaren" (First Post Updated)

I believe Furbolgs and Naga would make much better playable races, and make much more sense.

Deleted

Should this ever happen (and hopefully it won't...) I swear I'll camp just outside their starting zone ganking them to death again and again and again...

Ligerio

Quote Originally Posted by Merp
    Should this ever happen (and hopefully it won't...) I swear I'll camp just outside their starting zone ganking them to death again and again and again...
    You should be locked in a cage!

Quote Originally Posted by Abuelo
    WoW may well not be able to put in a class dedicated to being drunk and keep its ESRB rating.
    We already have a "mature" ESRB rating.

-There's a goblin in Booty Bay that periodically snorts "dream dust" and exclaims that it's "good stuff".

-They provide alcohol to everyone in game - people walk around drunk all the time

-Drunken Fighting is an actual martial arts style (though off the wall) that was practiced by Jackie Chan

-If anything the Hindu religion would LIKE the tauren race since they've anthropomorphed (spelling) their sacred animal into something that is completely "sentient" as well as strong/smart.

-We have almost completely naked blood elf/night elf/draenai women running around dancing on mailboxes speaking of "riding epic mounts", performing kinky sex acts "butter and goblin jumper cables", and the NE says "I'm the girl the ESRB warned you about".

-...And to piss off any ally, if Pandaren come out they will be a playable HORDE race !

Ligerio

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86
    We already have a "mature" ESRB rating.

-There's a goblin in Booty Bay that periodically snorts "dream dust" and exclaims that it's "good stuff".

-They provide alcohol to everyone in game - people walk around drunk all the time

-Drunken Fighting is an actual martial arts style (though off the wall) that was practiced by Jackie Chan

-If anything the Hindu religion would LIKE the tauren race since they've anthropomorphed (spelling) their sacred animal into something that is completely "sentient" as well as strong/smart.

-We have almost completely naked blood elf/night elf/draenai women running around dancing on mailboxes speaking of "riding epic mounts", performing kinky sex acts "butter and goblin jumper cables", and the NE says "I'm the girl the ESRB warned you about".

-...And to piss off any ally, if Pandaren come out they will be a playable HORDE race !
    I like you, you speak the truth.
    And if Horde would get Pandaren... I would change to Horde, no doubt about that.

But.. They have to make the female Pandaren look really good, good artwork, design (a playable Panda made for females) because my girlfriend really think Orc, Troll, Tauren female is really unplayable for her, she don't really like the character when she tried those races, only Blood Elf.

Just to mention that Orc have one "beautiful" face, same with Troll for female. Tauren is just really, really big wierd looking female tauren, cow. Moo moo.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86
    Actually, I think their main city would remain neutral, but pandaren would level in their zone to 20 then be given a choice to either join the horde or the alliance. This would make more sense, seeing as how the lore around pandaren wouldn't allow them to actually join a side... besides, they also think trolls, undead and blood elves are evil and hate the politics of the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Abuelo
    WoW may well not be able to put in a class dedicated to being drunk and keep its ESRB rating.
    Ok whoa whoa , did you not think about whats in game " Brewfest " totally focused on getting drunk , All the alcohol , adult jokes , bars , females dancing in the bars ?
    I tank stuff.