Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Bears. Your Dodge and HP!

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    Same thing for Steelbreaker... I dunno about you, but my dispellers are good and the Punch goes off without ticking once. That saves me A LOT of problems.
    The problem about fusion punch isnt the dot. Its the fact that fusion punch has a 35k base damage and since it is magic it is not mitigated by armor, now when you realize he gets a 50% damage buff for every time a tank dies from his debuff then his punch is at 70k after 2 debuffs and 87.5k at the 3rd debuff. Even with a CD and NR totem/hunter aura this is far more than enough to 1 shot a non HP stacking tank. And unless you want to brez one tank 3 times in the fight its somewhat important that all the tanks in your rotation can survive at least untill the debuff auto-kills them.

Also in accordance with the original post

50.2k hp and 62% avoidance

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Bears. Your Dodge and HP!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreg
    The problem about fusion punch isnt the dot. Its the fact that fusion punch has a 35k base damage and since it is magic it is not mitigated by armor, now when you realize he gets a 50% damage buff for every time a tank dies from his debuff then his punch is at 70k after 2 debuffs and 87.5k at the 3rd debuff. Even with a CD and NR totem/hunter aura this is far more than enough to 1 shot a non HP stacking tank. And unless you want to brez one tank 3 times in the fight its somewhat important that all the tanks in your rotation can survive at least untill the debuff auto-kills them.
    I wouldn't really want to shock you with this revelation, but... I know how Steelbreaker works.
    Large as the frontal damage may be, there are 2 things to consider: usually the Punch will oneshot you anyway without cooldowns after some buffs have been stacked, which means GG anyway. Given the timer, you can safely blow all CDs before the Overwhelming Power destroys you, at least in 25men (in 10men it's a joke) so it really doesn't matter when I have popped Survival Instincts. Second, more avoidance means less risk of taking a "melee combo". Good dispellers prevent stupid deaths, and that is true no matter what.

Besides, if you want to prove a point, get your numbers straight. Fusion Punch is reduced by 12% from PotP and further by another 3% by Grace/BoSanc not to count you could be under an AMZ. Yes, we do that too. Second, and most important, he buffs himself by 25% damage, not 50%, when a tank dies. And that makes a LOT of difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.