Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Two consecutive weeks of subpar DPS. WWS link

...where, for absolutely no distinguishable reason, your DPS was so low that it just pissed you off all night long?

Prior to last night's raid, I was online doing dailies and noticed that my attacks were hitting for a lot less than normal. I mentioned it in guild chat and people asked me to make sure I was using max ranks and that my gear was right. I utilize the Item Manager and haven't upgraded my gear in a while, and as all pallys know, Divine Storm and Crusader Strike only have one rank.

Hoping it was just a bug, I hung out until raid time just hoping that I was hallucinating. Raid time came. I had all of the usual delicious buffs including LotP (this is important to know). We were doing FL+4 for the second or third time and I was in a chopper this week. When I get in my chopper at the beginning of the instance, I recall having over 800k hp on my chopper but I could have misread it. Every attempt afterward only gave me 781k. We killed FL+4 and moved on the XT-002 and we were gonna go for the hard mode on this guy.

On our first attempt on XT(hard) we killed the heart and were doing pretty well as a raid. I was doing piss poor. I was popping AW on cd, got Bloodlust for the heart, and also used Speed pots on it but my DPS was just a hair over 4000. After the attempt, I checked Recount and found that my I was not critting anywhere near what I should be. During the fight, I have a 45% chance to crit on white, 55% on CS/DS(4pc T8), and about 55% chance to crit on Judgement.

Others in the raid confirmed my numbers that I was critting about half as often as I should be. DS critting 30%, DS critting 28%, White critting 31%, and Judgement critting at 40%.

Had this only been one attempt, big deal. This continued for the entire 3 hour raid. I could not break 4k DPS when I normally do well over 5-5.5k. I was so pissed about this that I wan't to log off but we didn't have anyone else online that could dish the 4k I was putting out.

I WAS BELOW THE SHADOW PRIEST!! That usually only happens on gimmick fights like General, but it happened on every boss last night and I just wanted to cry.

Comments like TLR are expected but I'd like to know if anyone else has ever had a full raid night like this.

EDIT: Added WWS link.

Adeleigh Ulduar 25 07/15

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Re: Have you ever had a day.....

Oh, and the raid leader has not yet uploaded the reports from last night otherwise I would link em for your inspection.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Ive tried it a few times, like whatever i did, i could not top the meters (Im a mage, and normally at top).

I tried, and i kept my normal optimal rotations, and allways ended up at like 5-6th place in every fight, whereas im normally on top (1).

The next raid i was back at my usual spot, no gear changed etc.. Dno wtf happened. But i just cant see how the game mechanics can be to blame :P..

Idd call it a brain fuzz and /slap yourself, and move on :P..

Atleast i got my full spirit back last night when i pushed 6857dps on OS10 3d (Still, im a mage )
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

item missing, or incorrect swap from holy gear. check again.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

One Term : R N G. thats for your crits anyways.

No idea why your dps is so low. On my recount I'm always in the top 3, but on WWS im usually around 7th. It's never accurate only for yourself I find.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    item missing, or incorrect swap from holy gear. check again.
    This is not the case. I checked my gear over and over. Other raiders were even inspecting me to make sure I just wasn't having a retard moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenthand

No idea why your dps is so low. On my recount I'm always in the top 3, but on WWS im usually around 7th. It's never accurate only for yourself I find.
    I was running 9th or 10th all night. It was awful. I am not even that low on General. One attempt with low crits is understandable, but a whole raid??

I did speak with a GM a few days before and gave him a shitty feedback because he/she was worthless IRL.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    ...where, for absolutely no distinguishable reason, your DPS was so low that it just pissed you off all night long?

Prior to last night's raid, I was online doing dailies and noticed that my attacks were hitting for a lot less than normal. I mentioned it in guild chat and people asked me to make sure I was using max ranks and that my gear was right. I utilize the Item Manager and haven't upgraded my gear in a while, and as all pallys know, Divine Storm and Crusader Strike only have one rank.

Hoping it was just a bug, I hung out until raid time just hoping that I was hallucinating. Raid time came. I had all of the usual delicious buffs including LotP (this is important to know). We were doing FL+4 for the second or third time and I was in a chopper this week. When I get in my chopper at the beginning of the instance, I recall having over 800k hp on my chopper but I could have misread it. Every attempt afterward only gave me 781k. We killed FL+4 and moved on the XT-002 and we were gonna go for the hard mode on this guy.

On our first attempt on XT(hard) we killed the heart and were doing pretty well as a raid. I was doing piss poor. I was popping AW on cd, got Bloodlust for the heart, and also used Speed pots on it but my DPS was just a hair over 4000. After the attempt, I checked Recount and found that my I was not critting anywhere near what I should be. During the fight, I have a 45% chance to crit on white, 55% on CS/DS(4pc T8), and about 55% chance to crit on Judgement.

Others in the raid confirmed my numbers that I was critting about half as often as I should be. DS critting 30%, DS critting 28%, White critting 31%, and Judgement critting at 40%.

Had this only been one attempt, big deal. This continued for the entire 3 hour raid. I could not break 4k DPS when I normally do well over 5-5.5k. I was so pissed about this that I wan't to log off but we didn't have anyone else online that could dish the 4k I was putting out.

I WAS BELOW THE SHADOW PRIEST!! That usually only happens on gimmick fights like General, but it happened on every boss last night and I just wanted to cry.

Comments like TLR are expected but I'd like to know if anyone else has ever had a full raid night like this.
    You remembered to switch from Seal of Light to Seal of Blood after soloing Chillmaw, right.....?

Brudish

Yeah RNG plays a big part I as a Fire mage know this, some nights ill push 6k DPS and others ill barley be able to brake 4.5

I think everyone is failing at reading what actually happened here. Yes, my DPS was very low. Regardless of what seal I was using, my crit change is still about 45% for white and 55% for other specials. I was only critting 30% of the time.

RNG would be something to consider if this happened on one attempt/boss. I'd even consider RNG to be a factor on 2 fights. Three hours of raiding and several boss kills are well beyond the scope of bad RNG.

15+ Year Old Account

make sure your shit isnt broken. we often overlook those simple things. maybe you have an addon that adjusts your ui and the little guy that shows you your gear is broke isnt showing up.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

^^ that happened to me once.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum
    ...should society start rewarding me because I haven't murdered anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalan
    At least the barrens will be more interesting..... And by interesting, I mean on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    make sure your shit isnt broken. we often overlook those simple things. maybe you have an addon that adjusts your ui and the little guy that shows you your gear is broke isnt showing up.
    That was something I considered but the repair guy right inside the instance entrance at Ulduar said that I didn't need to give him any money for repairs.

I've had this happen to me aswell (alot before 3.1 and almost always in naxx) about the same time bear tanks were getting 9k dps randomly. It just seems that your RNG luck gets really shitty at times. Going from 5.4k-3.1k dps is rather annoying.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    I've had this happen to me aswell (alot before 3.1 and almost always in naxx) about the same time bear tanks were getting 9k dps randomly. It just seems that your RNG luck gets really shitty at times. Going from 5.4k-3.1k dps is rather annoying.
    Bears had high DPS due to Swipe hitting an unlimited amount of targets and doing "weapon DPS damage"

today i did a OS raid, ended up2.8k, then afterwards same raid no changes... in VoA i drop to 2.1k dps... Then i noticed i had 21% missed spells!! while 8% is the cap rite? its just bugged i suppose (rng?)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zulji
    today i did a OS raid, ended up2.8k, then afterwards same raid no changes... in VoA i drop to 2.1k dps... Then i noticed i had 21% missed spells!! while 8% is the cap rite? its just bugged i suppose (rng?)
    In VoA against the Stone watcher you can gain a 50% miss debuff if the tanks don't move the boss outta the way of the dust cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenthand

I can relate to that. Seeing a difference in Crit near 30% in raids is happening and pisses off big time :P
    I had more than a few fights where my crit rating on nearly all styles was much lower than the numbers of another ret in my raid although i have more crit and the 4pc t8 which he was missing at that time :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    You remembered to switch from Seal of Light to Seal of Blood after soloing Chillmaw, right.....?
    This^

Happened to me once

Quote Originally Posted by LickMyL0llipop
    This^

Happened to me once

I'm gonna have to ask you to stop posting... or at least make sure to not post anything important, or post on any interesting threads.

Why you might ask?

Every time you post, I spend 15 mins watching your avatar. That damn thing is addicting

EDIT: <--------- See what you made me go do?
    Needs more LB!

one night i had to switch to my holy offspec for council.
    afterwards i went back to ret for kologarn and ended up being 8th whereas i usually top the meters at 1st to 3rd due to the permanent aoe situation.

turned out i forgot to switch back from wisdom to blood. first and last time that ever happened to me.
    shame on me ;D
    ...just another dream within a dream...