tanking noob and have a question

At first I tried the dummies and of course I had no problems LOL
    just learing roation and weaving in some different thanks.

I got to tank a reg instance last night. MY FIRST try.
    I did notice some mana problems on single boss.
    I quit thinking about cons and that helped...then I realized I was not using plea (DUH)
    That helped of course but it was still not great. So I switched to seal of wisdom and bless of wisdom.
    After that of course I didn't have any mana problems. BUT should I be having these kinds of problems?

Started with Dev Aura, Kings and seal of Veng...ended up with dev, wisdom, and seal of wisdom.
    Judging wisdom all the time.
    Dropped cons out of the rotation

Re: tanking noob and have a question

use Blessing of Sanctuary, Vengeance and keep Divine Plea up. you'll have no problems.
    I even judge light most of the times and have no problem

Just use plea before the pull, you should have a talent that increases its duration aslong you hit someone in melee... so it's up for all the pull
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

BoS gives alot more mana than BoW, even with low avoidence. And about Consecration, i only use it if there is more than 3 mobs.

Thanks big time..
    I see how stupid I was. I guess I am learning, but slowly LOL
    I hope tonight will be better..
    WOW HOW RUDE noob tank looking for group, and no one replied ROFL

-Use blessing of Sanctuary, not kings, not wisdom
    -Use seal of vengeance/corruption whenever you're tanking anything
    -Use divine plea and make sure you have 2 talent points that give it a 100% chance to refresh on any melee hit.
    -Chain pull so that divine plea doesn't wear off. If someone needs mana, you can stop after 2 or 3 pulls because your divine plea will be off of CD and ready for the next pull.
    -No need to use concecrate on pulls that have less than 4 mobs because avenger's shield, and hammer of righteousness + seal of vengeance/corruption DoT + holy shield charges will give you plenty of threat.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted

You'd be amazed how many people didn't know about the Divine Plea change at first.

It's a great change which allows you to drop a talent point (possibly even two) on Spiritual Attunement.

Quote Originally Posted by Triadx
    It's a great change which allows you to drop a talent point (possibly even two) on Spiritual Attunement.
    For heroics and starting ez raids like naxx, sure...

For ulduar, definitely not because if you didn't have (2/2) SA, you would have almost no mana regen on general vezax, you would still have blessing of sanct, but that is very insufficient.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

having 2/2 SA just for 1 boss fight is inefficient to me lol.

besides, they always have our DK tank it in 25man.

1/2 SA and divine plea is usually enough to keep up a standard rotation..
    Judging wisdom provides bonus mana if you're low, i usually judge wisdom anyway.

Blessing of Sanctuary is probably the best one for heroics as you shouldn't need the extra hp from kings, you are likely to need the mana more

For hard hitting raidbosses you want kings over sanc if you're the only paladin there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstrike

For hard hitting raidbosses you want kings over sanc if you're the only paladin there.
    3% damage reduction is still > 10% stam

and as of next patch Sanc gets the 10% stam bonus built in so it's 2x better :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    3% damage reduction is still > 10% stam

and as of next patch Sanc gets the 10% stam bonus built in so it's 2x better :P
    3% reduction is not better than 10% stam when in an EH fight.

Quote Originally Posted by nwo

For ulduar, definitely not because if you didn't have (2/2) SA, you would have almost no mana regen on general vezax, you would still have blessing of sanct, but that is very insufficient.
    For all out 969, having 1/2 SA on that fight, you will run oom, that is why you should substitute, getting below 50%? drop consecrate, exorcism in place of consecration everytime its up, that is for 10 man, as for 25 man, he hits hard enough to keep your mana up, even with kiting, without kiting, there is no reason to be running oom

as for the Bosanc/kings argument, for progression hard modes, where you are the ONLY pally, kings > bosanc, reason being, 10% stam is pretty much on par with 3% damage reduction (give or take), the 10% agi and 10% str is what pushes it over, if you are doing a boss like say, 10 man thorim hard mode (the only place i can really see you only using 1 paladin, that or hard mode IC maybe), he will hit hard enough that 1/2 SA and DP will keep your mana up and the tiny bit of armor given, will boost your EH just a bit more (and also STR boosting your EH a bit, that is, if you are block capped)

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstrike
    3% reduction is not better than 10% stam when in an EH fight.
    i dont think he/she said it was better in an EH fight,

troll,

if you actually read the damn thread and not just looking to troll someone, t

then you would notice this person is no where near an EH fight, and the only few EH fights in the game are more likely than not end up having 2 paladins.

Funny you say that I didn't read etc.. but you clearly didn't see that lumidars post was in reply to mine.. where i described an EH fight as a "hard hitting boss"..
    A good answer addresses the future as well as the present.. the more information, the better, right? I was correcting misleading advice, if you call that trolling, then yes, I'm a troll. But you can go off and continue playing like an idiot if you don't like it.

If you're going to insult me, make sure your reasons are factually correct, otherwise you're just gonna look like an idiot.. like you do now.

The extra agility and strength is a small but important part of the reason kings is better than sanc for hard hitters, it's mainly because, with current stats, the extra hp you gain is more than the damage reduced over 2-3 hits from these hard hitters.. which allows you to get healed in time. Sanc will make you take less damage over time, but the time frame that EH focusses on is the next 5 seconds, not the entire fight.

I'm not planning on dragging up the numbers , but 1/2 SA + divine plea is usually enough unless you drastically overgear the instance in question, where you'll need sanc to counter the minimal damage taken.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nwo

threat isn't an issue on vezax, even when on low mana :E

(and no, dps in my guild isn't shit)