Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cat Druids can be top dps?

Hello guys,

Actualy my guild font have druids, just one healer... Than i want to reroll my mage to a melee class, and i will up my druid lvl 71... My question is, druids can be top dps in the raid? Ty

Re: Cat Druids can be top dps?

Yes.

Feral druids who are really good at there rotation will actually most often top any meter feral dps is insane right now though its getting toned down a bit in 3.2.

Feral druids can SOMETIMES top the dps, but all the dmg will be nerfed in 3.2.
    Druid is not a dps class, its a hybrid one and they are not ment to be 1st

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by haxorbaxor
    Good thing blizzard hasnt changed the hybrid vs pure rule oh wait...

Lol. Do you play a rogue?

Toping meters doesnt measure the skill of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold
    Toping meters doesnt measure the skill of a player.
    Actually when it comes to kitties if there topping charts it does mean there skilled the feral rotation is one of the harder ones out there and you have to pull it off nearly flawlessly to top meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Noochie
    Actually when it comes to kitties if there topping charts it does mean there skilled the feral rotation is one of the harder ones out there and you have to pull it off nearly flawlessly to top meters.
    Pretty much the only class where damage output=skill.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/875...srotationa.jpg
    Check it out. If you don't believe it takes skill to top charts as a Feral, take a loot and change your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

actually kitty is in dps 1st level even if there're so many combats need moving in Ulduar.being a boomkin I envy of their claws.
    the Boomkin,the berserker

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu
    Check it out. If you don't believe it takes skill to top charts as a Feral, take a loot and change your mind.
    That really makes it look a lot more complicated than it is. I like this one more, http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...dog/catdps.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07
    Good thing blizzard hasnt changed the hybrid vs pure rule oh wait...
    Umm, blizzards official stance is that, given equally geared and skilled players, pures should be on top above hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu
    Elitist Jerks puts it in simplier way

"1. Keep up Savage Roar
    2. Keep up Mangle
    3. Keep up Rake
    4. Use shred for CP regeneration (remember, that points 2 and 3 are more important)
    5. When at 5 CP and Rip is not up, use Rip
    6. When below 30 Energy, use TF
    7. Use Clearcast Proccs for Shred
    8. When at 5 CP and Rip and SR are running with 8 seconds (might be longer, depending on your gear) or longer each, use FB
    9. When Rip and SR will drop at nearly the same time (with less than 3 seconds difference), try to recognize it early. Then use SR with a small amount of CP to desynchronize both timers.
    10. Use Berserk only at high energy, (but not higher than 85) not directly after TF and as often as possible. If you will get Hysteria or some boss mechanics will enhance your damage, save it for these situations."

So as you can see, the cat "rotation" is rather a priority list than a rotation. More crit (and maybe hit) you have, easier it will get to keep those up. Same topic on EJ forums also claims that Hysteria is best given for feral, since it has most physical damage abilities, and warrior's own cooldown abilities share CD with Hysteria. Or something. http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t63774-c...guide_dummies/
    How many GMs does it take to change a lightbulb? - None, it's working as intended!

Lol@ people who think druid's are topping. And by the way the nerf in the patch isn't a nerf as long as your naxx 25-semi uld geared... It will lower total dps by 2-3% at best. Some get close to 4. Regardless it's just words to ease the players who think they top. Not saying druids can't.. I am a feral druid, but most are reported within the top 5, and maybe on top for fights like XT, or something where swipe/hysteria+beserker are available.

Have fun thinking this hurtsXD

Quote Originally Posted by RebornFlame
    Lol@ people who think druid's are topping. And by the way the nerf in the patch isn't a nerf as long as your naxx 25-semi uld geared... It will lower total dps by 2-3% at best. Some get close to 4. Regardless it's just words to ease the players who think they top. Not saying druids can't.. I am a feral druid, but most are reported within the top 5, and maybe on top for fights like XT, or something where swipe/hysteria+beserker are available.

Have fun thinking this hurtsXD
    Lol at someone not knowing their own class. Even blizzard knows that cats are top. The fact that YOU can't do the rotation properly doesn't mean they aren't top. Oh, and what would you call a 2-3% DPS loss? It sure isn't a buff. Pretty sure it's the definition of a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    Umm, blizzards official stance is that, given equally geared and skilled players, pures should be on top above hybrids.
    They also have a same stance that since Feral is considered by many [including blizzard themselves] as the hardest DPS rotation to keep going in the game, that it is fair to allow them to have such high dps.

I hate to break it to some of you but in a lot of cases, if you have an awesome feral druid topping your charts, they will continue to do so, as the dps nerf is a whopping 2% on ulduar+ geared druids.

So instead of 7000 dps it'll be 6860, in all reality, not much of a nerf. Worst case scenario, feral druids might drop from #1 to #3 and it'll still be incredibly close.

With how difficult our rotation is to keep up, it should be that way, if they want to drop kitty dps down to the rest of the hybrid dps, then they would need to make our rotation easier, but I don't see that happening anytime too soon, so I expect to hear people complain about feral druid dps even after 3.2 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Drooid
    They also have a same stance that since Feral is considered by many [including blizzard themselves] as the hardest DPS rotation to keep going in the game, that it is fair to allow them to have such high dps.

I hate to break it to some of you but in a lot of cases, if you have an awesome feral druid topping your charts, they will continue to do so, as the dps nerf is a whopping 2% on ulduar+ geared druids.

So instead of 7000 dps it'll be 6860, in all reality, not much of a nerf. Worst case scenario, feral druids might drop from #1 to #3 and it'll still be incredibly close.

With how difficult our rotation is to keep up, it should be that way, if they want to drop kitty dps down to the rest of the hybrid dps, then they would need to make our rotation easier, but I don't see that happening anytime too soon, so I expect to hear people complain about feral druid dps even after 3.2 lol
    I believe they've also stated a desire to simplify the rotation.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's awesome that the class that has an obscene rotation gets to do top DPS. I'd prefer it was a pure, but it's fine as is.

A drop from #1 to #3 still means they're no longer top DPS. Top means #1. No it's not a bad nerf, but it's still a nerf.

Anyway, I'd just like to restate that I LOVE that being top DPS requires actually playing well. I love that even though ferals are top DPS the faceroll rerolls will never be able to pull it off, because it has a real rotation, not some retadin style BS.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    Lol at someone not knowing their own class. Even blizzard knows that cats are top. The fact that YOU can't do the rotation properly doesn't mean they aren't top. Oh, and what would you call a 2-3% DPS loss? It sure isn't a buff. Pretty sure it's the definition of a nerf.
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/7 Wrong. If you look at fights it's always the dk, rogues, locks, or occasionally spriest like you saw in the mir hard mode vid. The druid was only on top when he could over use the OP swipe. Btw in definition its a nerf, but it isn't a nerf compared to dk tanking. Nerf = hurt. What druids are getting is appeasement to others with seemingly big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by RebornFlame
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/7 Wrong. If you look at fights it's always the dk, rogues, locks, or occasionally spriest like you saw in the mir hard mode vid. The druid was only on top when he could over use the OP swipe. Btw in definition its a nerf, but it isn't a nerf compared to dk tanking. Nerf = hurt. What druids are getting is appeasement to others with seemingly big numbers.
    Oh yes, we'll all start using your definition of nerf instead of the definition the predates wow. Nerfs don't have to be huge. Those are called BIG nerfs. It's pretty clear you're not worth talking to anymore. I really need to look into if MMO champ has an ignore function for people like you.