Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Dungeons that = Fail

The only instances I've ever really disliked were ZF and Temple of Atal'Hakkar. Rest have been somewhat fun or interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjros
    Then I guess after doing it weekly since level 80 I've been the luckiest man alive?
    If you hit 80 last week your statement means fuckall, doesn't it?

FUN FACT: Bugs get FIXED. If you weren't one of the first to 80, you may not have encountered bugs that others did.

Once in our Maly 25 run, Malygos came down during PHASE 2!!! and was still untargetable, but still hit like a brick. bugs happen.

BRD!!!, I would imagine hell itself would be designed from that instance. Other than that i like all instances.

Quote Originally Posted by settle3m
    Once in our Maly 25 run, Malygos came down during PHASE 2!!! and was still untargetable, but still hit like a brick. bugs happen.
    I remember that disaster, Im just lucky that he doesn't breath during that either since like everyone was in the bubble with me xD

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    If you hit 80 last week your statement means fuckall, doesn't it?

FUN FACT: Bugs get FIXED. If you weren't one of the first to 80, you may not have encountered bugs that others did.
    Too bad I missed server first 80 shaman by 5 minutes then, isn't it?

Blood Furnace

Gnomer...dear lord.

My fav instance has got to be BRD.
    []http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7800/forumsigsmall.jpg[/img]
    I totally stole this signature

Deleted

First post in 120days!

I have to say that the common "I hate vehicle fights" and singling out Occ is the strangest thing.

I did Occ normal a year ago and found it easy - maybe cos of all the practise i had doing Aces high, maybe the daily Wrmrest temp quest, maybe cos I don't freak out as soon as my interface changes. I dunno - but the only time i ever had real issues with Heroic Occ it was people not moving away during the "run away phase" (dunno what it's called) I mean if you get fail people put them on the yellow drake - 2 buttons is hard right?

And Bm being fail? hell it was timed (short) it wasn't that hard and the mobs all came out of the same place. Ride the loot train baby - then move on. Loved that instance, still do (only now it's called VH :P)

I think I like every instance in Wrath, unlike TBC. I hated SH with a passion. As a healer on horde of course I got there before 90% of the pally population - and who knew they could tank anyway. So it was warrior tanks and massive pulls so you need buckets of CC. And if you get one broken CC and the person doing it was not on the ball it was one shot healer. Ugg

Have to say S/lab was close 2nd. OMG the trash in the room B4 2nd boss. SO MUCH TRASH...

have to agree with Mara too. Never done that place without getting totally and utterly lost

Quote Originally Posted by Zival
    -High Priestess Jeklik(Bat Aspect) - 1200-2000 AoE damage + 8s silence.
    -High Priest Venoxis(Snake Aspect) - 800 damage poison to the raid.
    -High Priestess Mar'li(Spider Aspect) - 6 second stun against current aggro holder.
    -High Priest Thekal(Tiger Aspect) - Frenzy, increasing attack speed by 150%.
    -High Priestess Arlokk(Panther Aspect) - 2 second gouge (aggro wipes the main tank)

he gets all these buffs if you dont kill the high priest/priestess in ZG
    ...and people didn't think there were hardmodes in Classic! ;D
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Hum..is it just me? Complaining how a 20 man raid fails because it gives you trouble soloing...is kinda...fail?

Hating the way Anub tends to bug in the burrow phases currently. Especiall on 10 and 25 man hard...bah.

As for Instances? Most lv 60 Instances was like root canal treatment - unless you went with GOOOOOD friends who had LOADS of time.
    If you mean how Anub can borrow even if you get him to 29%, then that's because he has already begun the cast/submerge animation before you got him past 30%. He won't interrupt his cast if you get him past 30% after he's begun, you must get him to that point before he begins.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sd78
    ...and people didn't think there were hardmodes in Classic! ;D
    bug family in aq40 is original hard mode from classic since loot was higher lvl depending on which bug you killed last and higher difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauraane
    Actually, I can solo every boss in ZG, except jin'do because of his MC totem. Me being a DK
    wut? jin'do iss possibly one of the easiest bosses to solo in ZG because of him MC totems, just fight him in the skeleton pit and you should be fine, derp

Oh well I might just list my dungeon list as well

5 Man Dungeons

Vanilla: Even thought there are many good things and bad things in vanilla dungeons I think I have to nominate Sunken tempel aka the Tempel of Atal'Hakkar. Found it too confusing back when I started and didn't really like it anyway. Had almost two years between my first and second visit to that place so maybe that gives you idea how much I disliked the place

TBC: I really liked tbc dungeons and non really stands out as "Epic fail" but if I choose an instance that made me cry when it was daily heroic, I would have to say Arcatraz. Gotta admit that I found it hard heroic at the time but also found it less interesting than many others. Arcatraz with its annoying trash mobs that were pain in the ass, at first the white small "insert name here" that were always hitting healer and the trash that required standing together to minimize the amount of damage on one person that really made you cry when someone less experienced couldn't follow orders.

Wotlk: I think I'm going to nominate the same instance as many have before me. Oculus was just annoying, time taking instance that I never really enjoyed doing. Tbh I've completed the instance only once during wotlk and my first character hit 80 on december 08 so you figure out how much I like it =)

Raids:

Vanilla: Wasn't much of a raider back then but would call Molten Core as worst raid (Haven't seen naxx 40 so can't say anything about that one) Bosses were pretty much the same, but I wouldn't still say it was horrible or anything like that. It is just the fact that I liked others a lot more =)

TBC: Tought decision since they were all quite good raids, loads of variety on bosses and good amount of raids. After scratching my head for some time, I decided that I can't really call any raid bad or even pick up something I liked less than others. So I think I'll have to leave this one blank :<

Wotlk: Even thought naxx was pure copy from vanilla I still enjoyed seeing the raid and especially the company I cleared it first time so my vision of it is little rose-tinted. But trying to pass that I think I still have to nominate it as worst raid of wotlk even thought it wasn't that bad.

Was ment to give short listing but appearently I failed with that =(

H OCC
    BRD(full run)
    MGT

thats about all i can think of atm
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I lol at the oculus hate. For me the mark of a bad player who can't adapt to doing more than press his normal rotation is hating Oculus.

My hated 5man in wrath would be old kingdom, because it's so annoying as a healer. Spell-flingers need to be interrupted and never are. Eyes of Taldaram massively limit spell selection.

Prince Taldaram - dps dies due to the embrace and I get blamed. Apparently 100% healing debuff is hard to understand.

Jedoga shadowseeker - dps let her eat a worshipper which would be fine, then proceed to stand in her AoE I get blamed.

Herald Volazj - dps die to total lack of ability to kite/self-heal/etc. Then blame me

The reason bad dps hate Oculus is that there even they are forced to acknowledge that their deaths weren't the fault of the healer or the tank.

I still don't like the second fight in Magister's Terrace. PvP doesn't belong in PvE dungeons, same with the Faction Champs fight.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChic
    I think that for anyone who played Vanilla, The word jailbreak will always make you cringe.
    Word!
    Be Thankful For Everything For Soon There Will Be Nothing

10+ Year Old Account

I still don't like the second fight in Magister's Terrace. PvP doesn't belong in PvE dungeons, same with the Faction Champs fight.
    Just a correction, you are thinking of the third one

No specific order

Vanilla worsts:
    - Gnomeregan
    - Uldaman
    - Mauraudon (the instance itself isnt too bad, but seriously its a mess getting inside..)
    - Blackfathom deeps
    - The stockade
    - Sunken temple
    - Dire maul
    - Both razorfen dungeons

Hah, didnt realise it was so many of them I really disliked. But the rest makes up for it.

Burning crusade worsts:
    - Auchenai crypts
    - Magisters terrace
    - The Arcatraz
    - Shattered halls
    - COT - old hillsbrad

WoTLK worsts:
    - The occulus
    - Ahn'kahet, the old kingdom
    - Gundrak
    - Halls of stone

Alot of these have great lore tho, but sadly its not enough to make me go there over and over again.

Hah, Blackrock Depths, the room where you had to find the flame keepers, I don't think I ever saw one single pug get past that room ;D