Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 25 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Warlock UIs

Quote Originally Posted by Norome
    well, not sure about the default blizz unit frames, but I guess all of the unit frames addons allow you to just simply turn it off.
    Ok, thanks. Atm I'm using FluidFrames to do it, as MoveAnything won't do it either, it works but it feels a bit messy having two addons doing more or less the same job. Ah well, at least it's tidy on the outside. I'll post an updated SS soon.

been working on this ui for awhile and im finally content. let me know what you guys think.

[img width=300]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z231/vinternetter/WoWScrnShot_120309_092355.jpg[/img]

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by vinternatt
    been working on this ui for awhile and im finally content. let me know what you guys think.
    I like the look a lot. Personally, though, I think I'd find it difficult to use, useful information is too far from the centre of the screen for my liking - I get confused very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by vinternatt
    I like it a lot, the red glow above your bottom panel (kgpanels addon I guess), is that a separate glow you added or is it part of the grey symbol behind your recount?

Quote Originally Posted by Serp89
    I like it a lot, the red glow above your bottom panel (kgpanels addon I guess), is that a separate glow you added or is it part of the grey symbol behind your recount?
    actually its an add on called "sunnart" and yea thats all one graphic. amazing add on. and a shiton easier to use than kg panels

older picture but still the same UI.

Edit: new pic.:

Quote Originally Posted by deviblade

thats a nice 1 ..;
    what ui it is?
    or modifyed by your self
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Roth UI (Diablo 3 theme)

In a raid group

Single target DPS

AoE raid group

That is quite a nice UI you have there, dazzieboo

Nothing cluttered and much over-view, I like :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Going for avoidance is like playing Russian Roulette.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaaraofSand
    It's time to eat Grandpa!
    It's time to eat, Grandpa!

Grammar.. it saves lives.

^_^ Why thank you. I've made a couple of changes though, a couple of things made me uncomfortable. I haven't gotten pictures of it in raid group yet, but I have some from soloing.

Solo AoE

Solor crit + low mana

Solo DPS

I moved the chat section, omen and recount, and changed the small bars I had on the sides of the orbs to make 1 bar on top of my older two. Seems a little nicer now imo, didn't like having 4 little small bars on the sides. :P

I also decreased the size of the DBM bars, so I should have a lot more screen space now ^^ Will need to take a screen shot of that when I'm next in raid.

Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

This is my UI from Patch 3.2 and im just making a new one for 3.3

Addons are:

DMB
    Bartender
    Sexy Map
    ForteXorcist
    Pit Bull unit frames 4
    Omen 3
    Grid
    Sunnart
    And Skada

Thats it i think =D

Quote Originally Posted by dazzieboo

In a raid group

Single target DPS

AoE raid group
    This one looks nice and usefull. Can you post which addons are you using for making it this way?

Im curious, what addon you use to get the Diablo style hp/mana spheres?

I can name the graphical addons I suppose.

+ Deadly Boss Mods = The CD bars
    + Bartender 4 = Action Bars
    + FuBar = bar on the top with my addons (clockfu, durabilityfu, friendsfu, guildfu, mailfu, moneyfu, performancefu)
    + Grid = Raid frames
    + Pitbull = Target + Focus Frame
    + Quartz = Casting bars
    + Omen = Threat meter
    + Recount = Damage meter
    + Sexymap = Map
    + SCT-SCTD = Scrolling Combat Text
    + Diablo Style = rBottomBarStyler
    + SatrinaBuffFrames = My buffs and debuffs
    + KGpanels = My bar on the bottom
    + Button Facade = Changes look of action bars
    + Prat3 = Chat
    + RaidBuffStatus = Buff check at the beginning of fight

Here's mine

I'm using

Domino
    OPie
    PowerAura (ultimateShamanUI customized)
    Sexymap
    IceHud
    Allbags
    MoveAnything

Quote Originally Posted by asparagus
    Here's mine

I'm using

Domino
    OPie
    PowerAura (ultimateShamanUI customized)
    Sexymap
    IceHud
    Allbags
    MoveAnything

Why do you have a HUD and the default character panes? Why do you have forte showing your CDs as well as powerauras? Why do you have an action bar showing that only has 1 spell with a cooldown on it? Why do you have a powerauras thing for backdraft? Why is the melee attack button even on your action bar?

Quote Originally Posted by matcoy

This is my UI from Patch 3.2 and im just making a new one for 3.3

Addons are:

DMB
    Bartender
    Sexy Map
    ForteXorcist
    Pit Bull unit frames 4
    Omen 3
    Grid
    Sunnart
    And Skada

Thats it i think =D
    Little too artsy for something I would personally want to play with, but it is quite pretty and I like how the snow/ice artwork fits with Northrend. Like most UIs, you have a lot more action bars/buttons showing than you need, especially if you are using Forte to monitor CDs. I also think that having scrolling combat text on your screen is unnecessary in almost all cases - VERY rarely do you actually make a combat decision based on the info you get from scrolling combat text. The fel armor healing is a perfect example of information that you NEVER need to know; so having it on your screen is just creating clutter. For pve, the only things that show up on my when my spells miss because that affects my gameplay because I know I have to recast a spell and incoming damage because it lets me know that I need to take some kind of action to stop the damage. Everything else is either displayed elsewhere on my screen - buffs and debuffs - or is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzieboo
    In a raid group

Single target DPS

AoE raid group
    It's almost a really nice UI. I say almost because you did a good job of creating a lot of open space in the middle of the screen and then you filled that space with a big ugly power auras event and some scrolling combat text. I can't tell what exactly that power auras alert is for, but it better be incredibly important to take up the best piece of screen real estate - dead center. The scrolling combat text issues are the same as I described above - have you ever made a decision in combat based on knowing how much your last incinerate hit for? If the answer is no (as it ought to be), then you can safely get rid of that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Innoruuk514
    :-X
    *cut out the image because it was big*
    8)
    Xperl is ugly. Why do you have your mounts and noggenfogger showing on your only visible action bar? Why is that action bar so incredibly huge? Why would you ever have your bag bar and menu bar ever showing?

Quote Originally Posted by deviblade

Edit: new pic.:

That looks like Elkano's buff bar you are using for your buffs and debuffs - you ought to hide the anchors, it will look much cleaner. I would also recommend moving your pet frame so that it doesn't overlap your buffs. Same things I mentioned above regarding scrolling combat text - if you don't actually use that information in combat, you don't need to show it and you definately don't need to show it in the center of your screen. Other than that, I am not crazy about the extra artwork on the unit frames and on the nameplates, but it all fits together nicely. The one thing you can change to make it fit together even better is to make the bar texture in the nameplates match the bar texture you are using everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Merckx
    Why do you have a HUD and the default character panes?
    HUD is not a character frame replacement. By default the HUD is faded out when OOC. It just makes monitoring self and target status much easier (for some ppl as well as certain classes eg. rogue). I would prefer NOT to have it, but hey i prefer its functionality, for now.

Why do you have forte showing your CDs as well as powerauras?
    Why have spell timers when you can already display buffs/debuffs?

Same thing.

Power Aura is customized by me for specific information I need during combat (does not display OOC).

Why do you have an action bar showing that only has 1 spell with a cooldown on it?
    Irrelevant. I could put 10 different ranks of corruption and the interface would still look exactly the same. If i want to monitor CDs. there are plenty of options available. You could have suggested OmniCC but instead just kept asking why this and that without any recommendations. :-\

Why is the melee attack button even on your action bar?
    Placeholder for demonic circle macro (No i don't have it yet). I'm out of key binds.