Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Warlock UIs

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena

Also, to what extent is it 'ok' to have things in the middle of my screen? Is it preferable to have everything at the bottom?
    That's a question only you can answer, if you look at my UI though, I have my unit frames on either side of my character, some important buff procs, target debuffs and cooldowns. I find having the most important information at the center of my screen for the best - but it has to be managed effectively, to not obscure view and take up too much room there as you're playing with a more important area of the screen, what with you usually needing to see what's going on there, but less of an extent to the bottom of the screen. But as I say, it's down to you really and what you find best in the long run.

This is my UI:

[img width=300]http://www.shamone.ca/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/My_UI_-_Vyndren.jpg[/img]

My Omen is in the rectangle where my (faded) Mounts and Conjured items are.
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    A not about MSBT - do people use these scrolling addons? I got rid of it, then a guildie told me it was a must. Would target numbers (blizzard) above the target be sufficient for a lock?
    I don't have MSBT, I just check Target dmg under Blizz's default UI. I have other things telling me what MSBT does. Such as Forte, the only thing I allow Forte to track is my procs and drain soul ticks. What is the reasoning behind people saying it's a must?

sweet UI :>
    twitch.tv/sneglarn 10 man raiding sunday - thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Looking for a replacement to ArkInventory due to memory consumption size!
    I've tried to find a suitable replacement on several occasions and have never found anything. But during my searched, I learned something worthwhile, the first alphabetical Ace addon get credited with the memory usage for all the Ace libraries. So, ArkInventory looks like it comsumes a disproportionately large amount of memory, but that is only because it is probably credited with a lot of memory usage that would more correctly be spread out amongst all your Ace addons. I have been on a major UI diet lately and have managed to get my memory usage down to 11mb (15-17 at the end of a raid night due to combat log storage). My UI tells me that ArkInventory uses up like 5mb by itself, but I found that even if I used a different bag addon or none at all, my memory usage stayed roughly the same and a different Ace addon was suddenly using an inordinate amount of memory.

Jenerena: regarding the chat boxes, in my opinion, a transparent background make them both hard to read and kinda sloppy looking. I personally use two boxes for my chat, one contains party chat, custom chat channels and whispers since that is the stuff that I find to be generally more important. The other box is what I like to think of as my "spam box" in which I have guild chat, raid chat, emotes, /s and /y. If I happen to be in trade or general chat ('/leave trade' '/leave general' ftw), they also appear in my spam box.

I'll try and grab a screenshot of what my UI currently looks like and post it so you can get a sense of what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsis
    [img width=300]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m73/ashall0714/WoWScrnShot_011210_184108.jpg[/img]

Heres mine! I took it off an idea and I kinda made it my own. I just added a panel to the bottom right (it might not stay :P)

Stuf, Necrosis, acb cast bars, Forte, Recount, Omen (only shows in combat), Recount and Dominos.

Those are my main addons.

Any questions let me know.

My party frames are on the right, but they were on the top left.

Suggestions are always welcome but I doubt I would use them :P
    How much MB does your take up? im interested =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

15+ Year Old Account

[img width=300]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3872/wowscrnshot011610202955.jpg[/img]

This addon pack can be downloaded here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/packs/2471/default.aspx

Please direct any questions to me on Curse's site.

Thanks

You guys are crazy i have always played with a default ui i tried a new one ones did not work

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Name0
    You guys are crazy i have always played with a default ui i tried a new one ones did not work
    Playing with an unfamiliar UI is not easy. If you have spent 80 levels with a particular layout and then switch to smething completely different, it will of course seem more difficult. Most of the UIs you see in here will have developed bit by bit, at first, and the users will be so used to them that they would feel the same way about the default UI.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorGuides
    How much MB does your take up? im interested =)
    My memory usage is around 14-15 Not too bad, but i have changed quite a few things since that SS, even though it was only about a week or so ago, haha.

Does anyone know what UI altering add-on Darklordace would have used? Would it be a Btex Skin? And does anyone know how to add skins that aren't packaged with Btex?
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

15+ Year Old Account

Image Too Big! (Sorry Bakis, I know I asked you to post it, but must ask for thumbs, or chop off yours.)

Only thing not showing is DBM, dottimer and cd icons.
    How they look can be found in the pro Power Auras thread in the warlock forum
    The top icon inform me that my spellstone expired.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

What addon puts the cool purple stuff in the bottom corners of the screen?

15+ Year Old Account

Just got done with some custom power auras

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWmGnBC4Ld4

1) Corruption only on the target

2) Curse of Agony up now as well. If I'm using Curse of Elements, it will use the same runes.

3) Immolate now up

4) Corruption has 3 seconds left, so the Corruption runes emit a sound and start glowing/pulsing outwards; Molten Core is up so the pentagram is glowing and emits a sound as well when it procs.

5) Immolate will expire in 3 seconds; The pentagram gives off a visual cue and sfx.

That looks cool, but i think it would be way too distracting for me.
    Not sure why this is french.

15+ Year Old Account

Chat log:
    Raidwarning: Bonestorm in 3 seconds!
    Marrowgar says: BOOOONNNEEE STOOOOOOOOORM!!
    Gherkin says: OMG SO FUCKING COOL WHY ARE MY FEET HOT OSHI-
    Gherkin has died.
    Officer says: That's it. 17 deaths in one night? Fuck this.
    Gherkin has been removed from the raid.
    Gherkin has been kicked out of the guild.

Sakashima, I blame you!

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

I never thought Power Auras could be abused but after seeing this I changed my mind
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Hah :P I guess I can see where it'd definitely be too much of a distraction for some. I've done some raids since setting it all up though, and I don't think it distracts me personally any more than staring at the good ol' dot timers. But, again I've been a huge fan of Doom for years, so being suited to my personal taste makes it even better to me

If you don't like it, well that's your thing :P I'm an artist first and foremost, a game design major 2nd. I don't believe in "keep it simple stupid", I think it's a waste of potential

I've gotten a few PM's and messages here and on YouTube about posting these, so after maintenance is done I'll see about uploading these somewhere for the people interested.

[edit]

Until I can get around to uploading the settings, here's the resources I used for those wishing to toy around:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bj2ooz