Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 41 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Warlock UIs

http://i48.tinypic.com/msol0g.png

I havn't created the UI, though. All cred goes to Damia: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...6-DamiaUI.html
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by ghepip

It's personal opinion and some people might see a use for it, others wont.
    So somebody prefers to have everything stacked up so they can only see a slit of the fight. Where's the fun in that?

god i hope you never design a building or motorway or something..
    I've seen worse. And those people probably do design buildings :-\.

I'd like a bit of advice for mine actually:

[IMG width=300]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/jenren22/WoWScrnShot_021010_140227.jpg[/img]

Bad Jenerena! Thumbnails please! /slap wrist

I have been using it for a few weeks, and i get on with it ok. But i'm looking to tweak it a bit perhaps. I do like the dimmed look in that it makes it look soft and not 'in your face' but i'm not sure if it looks a bit boring and 'uncool', I don't know if i've warmed to the texture of the panels with the simple outlines. I still have all my action bars showing but I don't necessarily need them to be obvious. I'm not so sure about my map however. With my super wide screen I struggle to find stuff to put at the bottom. I tend to work mostly on the left, so i have my threat meter, dot timers, dbm timers and chat logs to the left. But I can't decide whether having my map there is really a waste of space, since its only there for my alts' mining purposes. What would you do to tweak it?

I'm also looking for a dot timer (or some quartz config or plugin) to make my dot timers show for multiple targets, or simply show the name of the target at the top of the timers so i don't get confused. For example on the LK my small brain capacity gets a bit mixed up with dots on different targets and it would really help me to have something reminding me which dots are on what without getting all confused and messing my rotation up.

Another thing, I guess most of you are working on the LK right now. I saw somebodys video off EJ where they had a very good dbm style warning which warned who had necrotic plague, when it had been dispelled (which dbm doesn't do that well), who had defile and bubbles to double check. Does anyone know which mod this might be or any way to do this with dbm? I find it a bit vague at times.

I appreciate any feedback though I'm not the biggest minimalist so things like taking my action bars away is a little steep for me. Thanks.

EDIT: actually I'm really tempted to give this a try http://www.wowinterface.com/download...?id=16035#info that Warlocomotif uploaded couple of weeks ago.

Though I'm not sure i want to use Event Horizon.

Deleted

Honestly, I really like it still. I think there is a stage after which you've been looking at the same UI for so long you just get bored of it (about a week, I think :P).

As for boring or uncool, one of the biggest crimes committed by UIs (imo) is resorting to gimmick. Interesting textures or exotic fonts look pretty cool for all of ten minutes or so, and then they start to get irritating. Keeping things simple will leave you with something that will last longer than the novelty of having nude succubi draped over your chat window.

ForteXorcist shows spelltimers for multiple targets with options to name targets on the bars, or to group bars under target headings. It also uses a different opacity for targetted units (handy for tab-soccing apart from anything else.

Not sure on the DBM question, but it could well be DXE, since that is the current forerunner amongst DBM alternatives.

I change it all the time. Running with Warlocomotifs and will see how i go with it.

Though, I have tried to keep some of the things i find it hard to accustom to, such as still using quartz timers in exactly the same place, same power auras (which i had to set up all over again gah) with some slight tweaks. It was more the layout at the bottom that i wasn't so satisfied with!

Having my guild chat etc on the right is going to be the biggest thing to get used to. I really love my unit frame now, excellent, and I have decided to put omen in the centre instead of event horizon (too hard to get used to!).

Had a feeling you would say forte. I will have a play with that, thanks! Great thing is it has really cleared out my interface folder! It was full of so much...anyway.

Deleted

Yeah. I do like forte's spelltimers. Everything else i disable, but the spelltimers are the best tool i've found for that particular function, basically due to the cast-time glow. So despite Bakis' insistence, I'm sticking with them.

I'm interested what you'll come up with Janera, please be sure to share once you're done

[edit] Also I recently decided I would try DXE, I must say I really like it.

I don't know how to do a thumbnail, and my wrist is still sore, so you can have a link ;D.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...210_114712.jpg

Not sure if i'm going to keep with parrot or go back to msbt, i sort of use a bit of both now. I only really use it to see if i'm in range for immolation aura...

It seems to have fit to my screen resolution quite nicely by the way, though i seem to remember yours was similar to mine anyway. The bartender profile made it hell easier, i cringed when it first showed up on my screen with about 6 life taps on 6 different bars and bars all over the place ;D. Since yours came with forte as the spell timers i might give them a go for the sake of the target names (is there any way to get rid of that horrible shiny look to them? one reason i prefer quartz). I hate the cooldown timer for forte as well, however many times i have used that thing but never once looked at it.

Still needs some minor tweaks (moved my cast bar up a little fir grid), and some getting used to the chat log on the right :-\, but im impressed so far (somebody tell me to stop changing my ui please). It works out nicely for my healer alt with grid and since i only raid 10man unless i pug voa the stuf unit frames fit quite nicely. I've never used those before though, always used grid. Might venture back to grid if i get all confused but they probably work in the same way.

Hmm, well, I can't seem to take a new screen shot on my new computer. My UI pretty much looks the same, a few small things have changed, nothing major. Biggest difference would have been the graphics. /shrug

>.> I like the mini map.... Everyone else seems to of changed it...

I really would like to take a new shot of my UI, but 'Print Screen' just takes a capture of my desktop or web browser if it's open... Any suggestions would be awesome!

Deleted

No ideas on the SS front I'm afraid. If you like the standard minimap, one thing you might want to consider is an addon called MBB. It replaces all the addon buttons on the minimap with a single button which opens a small menu containing them all. Just helps to keep it looking nice and clean without replacing it with anything large and unnecessary.

Since yours came with forte as the spell timers i might give them a go for the sake of the target names (is there any way to get rid of that horrible shiny look to them? one reason i prefer quartz). I hate the cooldown timer for forte as well, however many times i have used that thing but never once looked at it.
    Erm mine didn't come with forte o.o Or atleast it shouldn't

In regards to raid frames: I've found stuf a bit limiting and I also messed up slightly on the raid frames for the UI as it is released now. I'm contemplating using something else for raid frames because I'm having some trouble making stuf raid frames display anything interesting past HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocomotif
    Erm mine didn't come with forte o.o Or atleast it shouldn't

In regards to raid frames: I've found stuf a bit limiting and I also messed up slightly on the raid frames for the UI as it is released now. I'm contemplating using something else for raid frames because I'm having some trouble making stuf raid frames display anything interesting past HP.
    my apologies, it was eventhorizon. Totally forgot. I copied some of my addons over after I uploaded it.

I might just go back to grid then, I'm much more familiar with it. I might also revert back to SUF for the unit frame target but it doesn't matter so much. You can make grid just the same slim style you had before (or whichever you choose).

Really your ui is flexible because using your bartender profile and the background skin with all your normal addons etc means no messing around. I do have a question about your satrina though. Thankfully I used this before, though not to the extent you did. I had the simple buffs/debuffs and thats it. What are all the other sets of buffs/debuffs and what are they for? I think one of them was maybe for focus and perhaps target of target. Interested to know as it might prove useful since i was limiting myself before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    my apologies, it was eventhorizon. Totally forgot. I copied some of my addons over after I uploaded it.

I might just go back to grid then, I'm much more familiar with it. I might also revert back to SUF for the unit frame target but it doesn't matter so much. You can make grid just the same slim style you had before (or whichever you choose).

Really your ui is flexible because using your bartender profile and the background skin with all your normal addons etc means no messing around. I do have a question about your satrina though. Thankfully I used this before, though not to the extent you did. I had the simple buffs/debuffs and thats it. What are all the other sets of buffs/debuffs and what are they for? I think one of them was maybe for focus and perhaps target of target. Interested to know as it might prove useful since i was limiting myself before.
    Options I am considering for raid frames:
    1] Find a way to make stuf work.
    2] Use SUF for raid frames, keep STUF for other unit frames.
    3] Use oUF for everything.

About the buff/debuff layout:

[1] These do not display, they are used to forward certain buffs/debuffs to frame 3 and 4.
    [2] Focus CC, tracks fear/howl/banish/cyclone on focus target. Mind you, a lot of CC isn't added to this, you can add it. I mostly made this frame for CCing the tree in ICC25.
    [3] Hostile target buffs, friendly target debuffs. If the target is hostile; show buffs- if the target is friendly; show debuffs.
    [4] Hostile target debuffs, friendly target buffs. If the target is hostile; show debuffs- if the target is friendly; show buffs.
    [5] Targets Target buffs (Only shows tanking cooldowns such as shield wall, pain suppression, Hand of sacrifice, divine sacrifice, divine shield, etc)
    [6] Targets target debuffs (Mostly used to track stacks/debuffs on the other tank when doing a tanking rotation)
    [7] Player Debuffs.
    [8] Player Buffs.

If the buffs/debuffs in a certain frame are larger than others, its because they're more important- and thus, I want to notice when they show up.

I'm still leveling with my lock but I love the UI

I don't know -every- addons I have cause I downloaded a package, but the thing where I got my bars is SunnArt, it is really nice looking.

Tweaked version of TukUI.
    http://www.tukui.org/

Warlocomotif, how do i get rid of the raid frames? I disabled the stuf raid frames but they were still there when i logged in. It's just, i have grid now! So i have two seperate raid frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    Warlocomotif, how do i get rid of the raid frames? I disabled the stuf raid frames but they were still there when i logged in. It's just, i have grid now! So i have two seperate raid frames.

Try delete the Stufraid and Stufraid_options folders.

Quote Originally Posted by EKAA25

Tweaked version of TukUI.
    http://www.tukui.org/
    What addon are you using for the dotimers? i can't find any that look like that, i used to use quartz but since i also use tukui i decided not to use it anymore

Please do not post large images!

I think my grid is hidden in that pic... otherwise... this is showing off mostly everything I use
    also... regarding the dps... I was originally soulshard farming =/