Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 8 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Warlock UIs

Du'h *facepalm* I should have thought about that, i have a similar keyboard, but i have keybinded F5 to F12.

EDIT: More on-topic, i'm having trouble with Ag_Uf, so i'm interested in a new Unitframe addon, any suggestions?
    "It's alive!" - Viktor Frankenstein
    derp.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Limefire
    Du'h *facepalm* I should have thought about that, i have a similar keyboard, but i have keybinded F5 to F12.
    I tried that until one day the key closest to me was bound to ALT F6 (remember, 18 buttons = 6-12, alt 6-12, and ctrl 6-12), and i hit that and F4 to target a person to heal, but i hit them too close together.

ALT F6 + F4 still acts as ALT F4.

All my addons were fubar after that, since saved variables can become corrupted if you exit this way. Took a long time to fix it. Thus I stay away from windows shortcuts :P

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    since saved variables can become corrupted if you exit this way.
    Really? Didn't know that, should probably stop doing that.

(We're derailing the topic, just a bit, so changing back the subject)

I need a new unitframe addon, unless AG's getting updated soon, any ideas?
    derp.

15+ Year Old Account

Pitbull. Modular, fast, convenient.

Find a UI you like with pitbull, get them to export it to XML. Copy paste this into its import utility, bam its set up. Now you can customize what you like/dont like.

This is how I borrowed the Ishtara UI layout and made it my own.

R.I.P. YARG

some damn nice UI's you guys got ^^

A UI I've built up from scratch over the past few days. You can't see everything in this screenshot (ToT, focus, cast bars and timers) but it's the most recent one I have. It's also not yet entirely done. Some of the addons such as oRA2, DBM and Recount were added last minute as I needed them for the raid, so I haven't configured them at all. I haven't done any real work to the colours also, just changed the default Pitbull mana colour cause it looked horrid. I'll take a screenshot of the latest version in action next raid.

Edit: Regarding the high memory, 20MiB of that is Recount.
    http://healmylifetap.blogspot.com/

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Limefire
    I need a new unitframe addon, unless AG's getting updated soon, any ideas?
    If you are looking for the most minimalistic unit frame addons, I would suggest either oUF or OpenRDX.

oUF requires some coding knowledge I believe from what I've read about it, whereas OpenRDX does not. They both do pretty much the same thing. You build unit frames from scratch.

OpenRDX you build them with a preview in game without any knowledge of coding since they way it is written it writes the code you need for said unit frame as you build it.

oUF requires you to hand code all unit frames (maybe even hard code them?) before you enter WoW.

If you were really interested in making the perfect unit frames for yourself, I suggest trying one of those two addons. If you have a vision of how you want it to look and have the patience of trial by error then those two addons will definitely be what you are looking for.

[img width=300]http://i28.tinypic.com/2s1oih2.jpg[/img]

Rate it please.

Raidframes are not visible in the pic but it's below my pet's frame scaled pretty small.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Impurath
    http://i28.tinypic.com/2s1oih2.jpg

Rate it please.

Raidframes are not visible in the pic but it's below my pet's frame scaled pretty small.
    5/10, looks alot like the original UI, though you have removed the gryphons and all that, even the unitframes are at the same place.
    derp.

looks alot like the original UI
    Actually that's the main point of that UI. I wanted it to look like original one but just wanted to remove some crap.
    I didn't want to get used to a completely new UI and it'll too long to even build it from scratch. I totally hate configurating things many hours.

One possibility is to load a premade UI but I have yet to see one that I really like.

10+ Year Old Account

It's a good point, means that, even if you sit down at a computer which isn't your own, you can still play, without having to re-keybind everything.

I do like configuring things alot, I do hate when the addons aren't working like they should though, that's pretty aggrevating.
    derp.

Here's the UI: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4152082...26009/sizes/l/

My UI has some problems, specifically the right side of the screen. I'm looking for a way to combine the best features of sexymap with Carbonite, and I haven't had much luck. That's okay. In five levels, I can pretty well put carbonite away, since I'm only using it to speed up my leveling time. That should really cut down on the amount of clutter that I keep on the right side of the screen.

Now, for the other things. What can I do about my chat frames? They're ugly. I need something translucent but pretty. Any suggestions for that or for my unit frames?

Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    Here's the UI: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4152082...26009/sizes/l/

My UI has some problems, specifically the right side of the screen. I'm looking for a way to combine the best features of sexymap with Carbonite, and I haven't had much luck. That's okay. In five levels, I can pretty well put carbonite away, since I'm only using it to speed up my leveling time. That should really cut down on the amount of clutter that I keep on the right side of the screen.

Now, for the other things. What can I do about my chat frames? They're ugly. I need something translucent but pretty. Any suggestions for that or for my unit frames?

AHHH Default unit frames, RUN!

I recommend Pitbull for unit frames, Prat for chat frames.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie
    Pitbull for unit frames, Prat for chat frames.
    I downloaded Prat, and that seems pretty nice. It let me put the text in a smaller font, which at least puts more text into the field. Pitbull, though ... man, I'm gonna need to sit down and work with that. Maybe have to read a textbook on it or something. There's a lot there to go through.

15+ Year Old Account

I downloaded Prat, and that seems pretty nice. It let me put the text in a smaller font, which at least puts more text into the field. Pitbull, though ... man, I'm gonna need to sit down and work with that. Maybe have to read a textbook on it or something. There's a lot there to go through.
    Pitbull is easy. Just go through and disable everything except:
    Player
    Player Pet
    Target
    Target Target
    Focus
    Focus Target
    Raid

Now you have 7 frames to work from, and once you set up Player, you can copy the setting to Target. Then you can set up Player Pet, and copy the settings to Target Target, Focus, and Focus Target.

Raid is the hardest to configure because you're never sure what you want

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Pitbull is easy. Just go through and disable everything except:
    Player
    Player Pet
    Target
    Target Target
    Focus
    Focus Target
    Raid

Now you have 7 frames to work from, and once you set up Player, you can copy the setting to Target. Then you can set up Player Pet, and copy the settings to Target Target, Focus, and Focus Target.

Raid is the hardest to configure because you're never sure what you want
    That is Pitbull3..the newest version is 4 and - likely - is what he has.

Yes Dream its a little wierd, I liked the old layout better (the one gherkin describes) but alas..what are you gonna do?
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

Easy, download 3.0.

The new and in some small way improved UI with Pitbull 3.0, Prat and AZCastBar: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4152082...48524/sizes/l/

15+ Year Old Account

Sexymap is so overrated

Two things:

1) What questing addon is that?

2) If you right click your chat tabs and go to settings, you can modify the opacity of the background. I set mine to 40% so its see through, but it really makes the text pop out at you in areas that are not chat-color friendly.

R.I.P. YARG

It's Carbonite.

Easy, download 3.0.

The new and in some small way improved UI with Pitbull 3.0, Prat and AZCastBar: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4152082...48524/sizes/l/
    Pitbull 4 has half the memory footprint of 3, is better supported than 3, has more customizability than 3. Basically 4 is better in every single way. Suggesting someone start out with Pitbull3 at this point is just dumb.

Your UI looks like you've just dumped a bunch of addons onto the screen. Your pitbull is still using the default settings it appears and in the end all you've done is recreate the default frames using the addon instead of doing something worthwhile.

Here's what I use right now, it's heavily based on the LUI package.
    [img width=300]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6452/wowscrnshot081809100050.jpg[/img]