Page 31 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Goblins and Worgens are the new races of the Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Worgens for Alliance, Goblins for Horde.

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.

@Plawsky, wertigo: To be honest I saw this when the patch was released but wanted to keep the news for Tuesday because this is the day where we have the biggest amount of visitors. And there isn't any datamining skill here, it's just a matter of checking the listfile of the patch for new textures and models, which is something I do for pretty much all the patches.
    I took a screenshot.. Take care !!
    Bring a megaphone and scream "morning live ça réveille tes voisins" ? xD
    ret pal http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kirin+Tor&n=Trapp

Quote Originally Posted by miko
    ye you did but then ive been awake for 20 hours and most of the time you've been talking about Pandas and even though i admit i fucked up my posts still make more sense than yours.

there will not be a third neutral playable faction composed solely of Goblins (and nor will there be Pandaren)

you made me fuck up. grats
    don't make think it makes you right tho.

I made you fuck up? Excuses that you have been up 20 hours are my problem? And yet somehow you have made more sense then me..

Holy shit am I dreaming here? Am I really discussing this with complete imbeciles.. Unbufuckinlievable.

I'm sure my post will be forgotten in about 1-2 pages time, but I'll write it nonetheless.

Worgen might be evil and hostile to everyone now, but there is this thing called Retcon. It's what created the good Eredar a.k.a. the Draenei and it's the same thing that might create e.g. Gilneas-based Worgen playable race that are attacked by the Naga and have 2 options: Join some bigger faction or die. The 2 options are the Horde (which is unlikely, as Forsaken, who are the closest, keep fighting the Worgen) and the Alliance (they beg for help and are reluctantly accepted, or something).

Goblins have multiple subfactions (Venture Co., Steamwheedle Cartel, etc.) and no one ever said the whole Goblin race has to join the Horde. It can be a small faction that got F in the A by the Alliance and the Naga and there you have it: the old employers become the new allies. You have a small part of trolls in the Horde, not all orcs are in Thrall's Horde, at least one Tauren tribe is hostile, most undead belong to the Scourge, many Blood Elves sided with the Legion, multiple human groups fight everyone, one whole subrace of Dwarves meddle with Elementals and dark magics, and exiled offshot of the Eredars of the Burning Legion fled their ravaged world and joined the Alliance. And suddenly when people hear that Goblins can be a Horde race, they say that Goblins are too neutral. As a whole, probably yes. As a subfaction, no.

And I'm pretty sure Boub won't have to run naked around Paris - it's about time Blizzard added new races to the game. Neutral races? Unlikely, too complicated, if not gamebreaking.

And about "The List". You might claim that it is fake, but so far it proven true. Thing is, time passed since it was released and things changed. Blizz for instance didn't know China would ban games containing pandas, and had Pandaren race in their minds. Now it has changed, so they need to change their plans. Maybe Blizz found out that Emerald Dream might be too troublesome to be a base for an expansion pack, or the Elemental Planes don't fit the image anymore once considered, and might end up as instanced dungeons only.

Dear Blizzard,
    Please nerf Rock. Paper is ok.
    - Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by miko
    ye

you see i made a mistake where as you are and were talking shit.
    there's a difference.
    I stated why I think X, Y and Z will happen you haven't argued anything, go to sleep.

The only shit talker here is you and that other dude that wanted to be "cool" to back up your senseless pointless rant.

You guys are comical at best.

wow sounds nice but rather wish they would give horde pandaren or something, and if they realy add worgens there will also come a new class called "barbarian".

Ignore all the QQ, there is only one response to the combination of news about goblins, worgens, and emerald dream:

go on an alliance toon and walk near the steamwheedle cartel guys who run the zepplines. Tell me what this "neutral" race does in response, kill one and let me know what happens to your rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr
    go on an alliance toon and walk near the steamwheedle cartel guys who run the zepplines. Tell me what this "neutral" race does in response, kill one and let me know what happens to your rep.
    Hired thugs

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer-33
    I will make a HUGE prediction.

There won't be 2 new races in the next expansion, there will be 3

Goblin
    Pandaren
    Worgen

Goblin = Neutral to both sides
    Pandaren = Alliance
    Worgen = Horde

Why?

Those 3 races would have a very limited number of classes pool.

Goblins will never not be Neutral
    Worgen would never be accepted into the Alliance
    Pandaren = Alliance

end of story.
    Yea the worgens have never fought along side the Night Elves and there isnt an entire town of worgen people in gilneas...
    And with nothing more than a whimper, the sig faded into the void.
    Please read our Sig/Avatar rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid
    So what happens if we see more masks pop up for other races before 3.2 goes live?
    Boub runs naked through Paris' streets.
    That made me lol so hard xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Champion
    I'm sure my post will be forgotten in about 1-2 pages time, but I'll write it nonetheless.

Worgen might be evil and hostile to everyone now, but there is this thing called Retcon. It's what created the good Eredar a.k.a. the Draenei and it's the same thing that might create e.g. Gilneas-based Worgen playable race that are attacked by the Naga and have 2 options: Join some bigger faction or die. The 2 options are the Horde (which is unlikely, as Forsaken, who are the closest, keep fighting the Worgen) and the Alliance (they beg for help and are reluctantly accepted, or something).

Goblins have multiple subfactions (Venture Co., Steamwheedle Cartel, etc.) and no one ever said the whole Goblin race has to join the Horde. It can be a small faction that got F in the A by the Alliance and the Naga and there you have it: the old employers become the new allies. You have a small part of trolls in the Horde, not all orcs are in Thrall's Horde, at least one Tauren tribe is hostile, most undead belong to the Scourge, many Blood Elves sided with the Legion, multiple human groups fight everyone, one whole subrace of Dwarves meddle with Elementals and dark magics, and exiled offshot of the Eredars of the Burning Legion fled their ravaged world and joined the Alliance. And suddenly when people hear that Goblins can be a Horde race, they say that Goblins are too neutral. As a whole, probably yes. As a subfaction, no.

And I'm pretty sure Boub won't have to run naked around Paris - it's about time Blizzard added new races to the game. Neutral races? Unlikely, too complicated, if not gamebreaking.

And about "The List". You might claim that it is fake, but so far it proven true. Thing is, time passed since it was released and things changed. Blizz for instance didn't know China would ban games containing pandas, and had Pandaren race in their minds. Now it has changed, so they need to change their plans. Maybe Blizz found out that Emerald Dream might be too troublesome to be a base for an expansion pack, or the Elemental Planes don't fit the image anymore once considered, and might end up as instanced dungeons only.
    This.

Recap about what we know, and theorycrafting.
    To start with, I'm most certain we won't see either Worgen or Goblin as Deathknights.
    Why? Because it does not fit with Blizzards philosophy. They design content so that all players should see it. Allowing players to simply ignore their starting zones does not fit into that scheme.
    Neither of the two races fits as a Deathknight either, lorewise and judging from looks. But after all, that did not stop Gnomes from becoming Deathknights..

Goblin (H):
    - Always been on the Hordes side, even if they state themselves as "neutral"
    - A small race, equal to Gnomes
    - Starts as friendly to the other factions.
    - It's merely a small particular faction of the Goblins that will pledge to the Horde. The Goblins as a race will still be considered a neutral race.

Starting Zones:

- The starting zones would be very easy to fix. A couple of Islands added outside Durotars/The Barrens coast.
    According to the new Arthas novel, the Lich King saw islands rise up from the water. This could be a set of new islands, including Nazjatar and the new "goblin islands"
    - Connected to Ratchet for leveling past level 20.
    - Quests involves proving yourself loyal to the Horde once and for all.
    - Fights Trolls, Nagas & Pirates. Also, to fit with the statement above; the Venture Co.

Classes:

- From what we've seen; Warrior, Rogue, Warlock & Mage.
    - Possible; Shaman, Priest, Hunter.

Mount:
    - Hard to say, a turtle, smaller kind of Thunderlizards or a whole new species.

Worgen (A):
    - Gilneas. Simply as that. When Gilneas isolated itself, they were attacked and cursed by the Worgen. They were able to come up with a cure, or fight their inner beast.
    - Chris Metzen mentioned in an interview that Blizzard has some "very, very, very interesting plans for Gilneas", but he would not reveal any further details. (WoWwiki).
    - Past experience with the Alliance.
    - Starts as neutral to the other factions, equal to the Forsaken and Blood Elves.
    - Beast race, equal to Tauren.
    - Joins the Alliance due to past relations betwen Grenn Greymane & the other Alliance rulers, and their hatred towards the Orcs & Trolls.

Starting Zones:
    - Gilneas & Zul'dare
    - Connected to Hillsbrad Foothills (by foot) and Wetlands (by boat) for leveling past level 20.
    - The quests involves proving yourself worthy and loyal to the Alliance, proving that the new Worgen are not mere beasts, but that they've got the curse under control, and thus earning trust from the Alliance.
    - Enemies in the starting zone includes Nagas, Pirates and the Scarlet Crusade.

Classes:
    - We'll probably see; Warrior, Hunter, Rogue & Mage.
    - Possible; Warlock, Druid. (Though I highly doubt that last one)

Mount:
    - This is also very hard to say. It could be some kind of mutated wolf/horse species.

Your rep won't budge

only because of the masks they are supposed to become playable classes? uhm... dunno but goblins would definitely be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Champion

umm, no.

there already is worgen associated with the alliance. the gilneas humans transformed into worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Macz-ie
    Recap about what we know, and theorycrafting.
    To start with, I'm most certain we won't see either Worgen or Goblin as Deathknights.
    Why? Because it does not fit with Blizzards philosophy. They design content so that all players should see it. Allowing players to simply ignore their starting zones does not fit into that scheme.
    Neither of the two races fits as a Deathknight either, lorewise and judging from looks. But after all, that did not stop Gnomes from becoming Deathknights..

Goblin (H):
    - Always been on the Hordes side, even if they state themselves as "neutral"
    - A small race, equal to Gnomes
    - Starts as friendly to the other factions.
    - It's merely a small particular faction of the Goblins that will pledge to the Horde. The Goblins as a race will still be considered a neutral race.

Starting Zones:

- The starting zones would be very easy to fix. A couple of Islands added outside Durotars/The Barrens coast.
    According to the new Arthas novel, the Lich King saw islands rise up from the water. This could be a set of new islands, including Nazjatar and the new "goblin islands"
    - Connected to Ratchet for leveling past level 20.
    - Quests involves proving yourself loyal to the Horde once and for all.
    - Fights Trolls, Nagas & Pirates. Also, to fit with the statement above; the Venture Co.

Classes:

- From what we've seen; Warrior, Rogue, Warlock & Mage.
    - Possible; Shaman, Priest, Hunter.

Mount:
    - Hard to say, a turtle, smaller kind of Thunderlizards or a whole new species.

Worgen (A):
    - Gilneas. Simply as that. When Gilneas isolated itself, they were attacked and cursed by the Worgen. They were able to come up with a cure, or fight their inner beast.
    - Chris Metzen mentioned in an interview that Blizzard has some "very, very, very interesting plans for Gilneas", but he would not reveal any further details. (WoWwiki).
    - Past experience with the Alliance.
    - Starts as neutral to the other factions, equal to the Forsaken and Blood Elves.
    - Beast race, equal to Tauren.
    - Joins the Alliance due to past relations betwen Grenn Greymane & the other Alliance rulers, and their hatred towards the Orcs & Trolls.

Starting Zones:
    - Gilneas & Zul'dare
    - Connected to Hillsbrad Foothills (by foot) and Wetlands (by boat) for leveling past level 20.
    - The quests involves proving yourself worthy and loyal to the Alliance, proving that the new Worgen are not mere beasts, but that they've got the curse under control, and thus earning trust from the Alliance.
    - Enemies in the starting zone includes Nagas, Pirates and the Scarlet Crusade.

Classes:
    - We'll probably see; Warrior, Hunter, Rogue & Mage.
    - Possible; Warlock, Druid. (Though I highly doubt that last one)

Mount:
    - This is also very hard to say. It could be some kind of mutated wolf/horse species.
    Goblins would have a mechanical mount like gnomes. Maybe the pod racer in shimmering flats. Or a shredder... (though they are for shredding not travel)

I personally think they should get ogre slaves for the comedy factor. But then again how fast can an ogre run anyway?

Don't forget Shredders as mounts for Goblins macz lol ;p nice predictions you have there dude.

And about "The List". You might claim that it is fake, but so far it proven true. Thing is, time passed since it was released and things changed. Blizz for instance didn't know China would ban games containing pandas, and had Pandaren race in their minds. Now it has changed, so they need to change their plans.

Wait... the list is wrong, so it proves it was true?

And, seriously, stop with this stupid "China and the pandas". They don't give a damn, the only thing they didn't like was that a chinese symbol was dressed like a japanese

Affiliation: Alliance. Pyrewood was once within the domain of Lordaeron, and to their minds, Terenas Menethil is still their rightful ruler - not Arthas, and certainly not the Forsaken.
    From that site, Pyrewood Worgen would obviously be the playable worgen.
    And with nothing more than a whimper, the sig faded into the void.
    Please read our Sig/Avatar rules here.