Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Goblins and Worgens are the new races of the Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by berriwood
    Has anyone looked at worgen lore? No. This isn't happening.

Why is it so suprising that they make halloween masks of ghoulish creatures, instead of just alliance/horde races? Hallows end is coming up.

Boub is trollin'
    There have never been masks for unplayable races.

And on the subject of neutrality
    : it won't happen. Blizzard has explicitly stated that they want to keep to Horde and Alliance easily distinguished.

Would be awesome if they made them playable for both factions... Buuut, I think this is just a joke from Blizz's part.

imo both races for both factions and have the worgens as human in the day and then wolf at night dont know if somebody said it i just couldnt be bothered to look. hmmm what do you think their mounts will be?

Has anyone looked at worgen lore? No. This isn't happening.

Why is it so suprising that they make halloween masks of ghoulish creatures, instead of just alliance/horde races? Hallows end is coming up.

Boub is trollin'
    Have you looked at draenei lore PreBC? Was there ever any hint at all that Draenei would be a viable alliance race?

No, there wasn't. Which is why some serious retconning took place and the race was MADE viable. Blizzard retcons things when it suits them.

Also, name all of the other hallow's end masks that Blizzard has made that hasn't been an alliance or horde mask. I'll sit right here and wait. What was that? 0? You mean that all of the masks currently are only based on playable races?!

Here's what I want to know. If they honestly were going to add more "ghoulish" masks, why would they make a female worgen, if that is indeed a worgen, when absolutely 0 exist current in the game? And why not add more than 2 races, if they're just monster's faces?

This honestly is as significant a find in terms of what the next expansion will hold as that directory with the word northrend was back in BC. There were plenty of naysayers then too, that northrend would NOT be the next expansion... and BAM, we get WotLK.

On a non related sidenote, I would also like to point out that the old Emerald Dream maps that have been in the game files for years have been slightly updated throughout the 3.2, and in the Build 10072 of the PTRs the Map.dbc file with some of the settings for each zone was updated to make it a 40 Players max zone.

could it really be... 40man instances comming back??? better dust off the old book and start praying, would be awesome with some fresh 40man raids.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

Imo they are (thats what I thing) going to be neutral.
    They'll have both a starting zone (like the DK) and after few quests they have to make a choise to which side they are going, Alliance or horde.
    If this would happen there wouldn't be any PVP problems.

Take a hint people, it's not rocket science. These will far more than likely be the two new races of the expansion and they have been the most likely candiates through player speculation for awhile. As people have already said, certain bands of goblins and worgens would make an alliance not the races as a whole, so there is no way to argue against it from the lore point-of-view, which by the way, Blizzard makes up. Not to mention, this will emphasis the goblin vs gnome thing and

Change doesn't exist eh? They'll most likely add more masks. There will be no worgen, as it is impossible lorewise. please, humor me and read the worgen wowwiki page.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Worgen_ideas
    Have fun

Deleted

Neutrality won't work. The AH, the mail system, the language problem, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaah
    There have never been masks for unplayable races.

And on the subject of neutrality
    : it won't happen. Blizzard has explicitly stated that they want to keep to Horde and Alliance easily distinguished.
    You understand that they would just be "called" neutral, where in fact they must complete a quest chain to exit their starting zone and choose either alliance or horde. Which is why the faction change service is such an important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Worgens for Alliance, Goblins for Horde.

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.
    Oh, Boubou, you don't know what you're getting yourself into....

the F goblin looks like princess fiona from shrek.

I think (just like alot of other people) that you'll be able to chose side after you've done some starting quests.

Will you still run through Paris if that happens Boubouille? Because you are both wrong and right at the same time.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonicrox
    You understand that they would just be "called" neutral, where in fact they must complete a quest chain to exit their starting zone and choose either alliance or horde. Which is why the faction change service is such an important thing.
    You are forgetting the language problem.

So what happens if we see more masks pop up for other races before 3.2 goes live?

Quote Originally Posted by azers
    the F goblin looks like princess fiona from shrek.
    I thought the same thing xD

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.
    Looking forward to that, cause I really really doubt this is true. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by wertigo
    One idea of the next expansion's "gimmick" (see: Dranaei, Blood Elves, Death Knight) might indeed be these two new races, but the gimmick being the ability to choose side, as both races are somewhat neutral in nature. For example, before you leave the starting zone of said races, you get the ability to choose either Horde or Alliance as your faction. You cannot leave the zone until you've decided, nor join any guild or be teleported out until you've chosen. Through a questchain for example.
    More than likely, you'll have a choice between a Goblin (Alliance) and a Goblin (Horde), similar to creating a Death Knight in WotLK (who were all technically part of the Scourge, regardless of their race); even though Alliance Goblins share the same starting zone as Horde Goblins, you won't be able to interact.

That would be far simpler than trying to create a third faction for Goblins and/or Worgen and allowing them to shift to Horde or Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonicrox
    You missed my point. Blizzard will not have the same race in both the Alliance and Horde. It makes no sense that Goblins or Worgen would be killing their own kind whom they leveled 1-20 with, even with the whole Horde/Alliance tension.

-------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=1547.0
    -------------------------------------------------------

So that theory gonna be wrong then ?

- Draenor Set

Azuremyst Isle - 1 to 10
    Bloodmyrk Isle - 10 to 20

Eversong Forest - 1 to 10
    Quel'thalas - 10 to 20
    Hellfire Peninsula - 58 to 62
    Zangarmarsh - 60 to 64