Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: PvP Healing as a Paladin and You: What you need to know. (Updated for 3.3)

Great guide. Holy paladins all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    For the head and shoulder enchants, you keep mentioning intellect as a stat for them. As far as I know, there aren't any head or shoulder enchants that have intellect on them. I'm pretty sure you meant to say crit.
    Whoops, looks like I made a mistake there. It was a little late when I was writing this up, will fix now.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

15+ Year Old Account

Prot/holy should not be possible. At all. How could blizzard EASILY fix it? Remove the dispell protection of divine plea. Tanks don't need it, and you guys are exploiting it IMO.

Gimmick spec is gimmick

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Speakeasy_zj
    Remove the dispell protection of divine plea.
    A priest asking for a nerf to a dispell imunity. Fun.

"lol i can't loldispell/mana burn him, please nerf"

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    A priest asking for a nerf to a dispell imunity. Fun.

"lol i can't loldispell/mana burn him, please nerf"
    This...
    Thats something to the effect of what rogues said when they found out Rets could kill em...
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

does anyone know if deep holy spec is correct with a Unstable Affliction Warlock ? I play as prot/holy atm because of meleeZ burst.. but i think i would be better if i try deep holy to do 3v3, with Dk HolyPally and Hunter comp'.

What do you think about ?

in 3vs3 deep holy is the only option, prot holy is easly locked down and with switching targets he wont be able to keep up with healing. Beacon of light is a very good ability there. I put beacon on myself and usually put sacred shield on hunter since its him who is mainly targetted. Haven`t really had any troubles to heal up dk with bone shield and IB if he is in trouble. Tried prot/holy. Against RMP i was just locked down and couldnt heal.

Old post but still worth replying to,

Prot Holy has a place on a select few 3v3 teams, namely double healer teams. I myself run Prot Holy/Resto Shaman/Arms Warr and we're doing great, even after 3.2.2. So Holy is not the only option for all the readers on here, it just is more effective on the majority of comps over Prot Holy, which is effective on only a small selection of comps.

I'll try to update my information soon, haven't had that much time to work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Very good info...Thank you very much..

Quote Originally Posted by Mightlol
    does anyone know if deep holy spec is correct with a Unstable Affliction Warlock ? I play as prot/holy atm because of meleeZ burst.. but i think i would be better if i try deep holy to do 3v3, with Dk HolyPally and Hunter comp'.

What do you think about ?
    This is an old post, but I feel like answering...

Prot/Holy has endless mana, aff lock wears the enemy's mana down better than any other class. Perfect combo if you have a high-resil lock to work with (or Spriest for the same reason).

Hi I have been thinking of starting wow again with my friend to get the season 8 frost wyrm but would like to know how good is the prot/holy nowdays on 2on2 and 3on3 ? I havnt played for 6 month and just been reading some forums.

Just bad! Period.

Prot//Holy is about to get nerfed but 2v2 works great and 3v3 with double healer is OP if played right of course. Just stick to holy if your going for the mount considering prot//holy is about to get nerfed.

^.- gogo my spec :> 2700SP with kings 27.2khp 19.2k mana pool ~Thorcon

I run full holy sp stacked, my mana pool is only about 21k but this is the best build for me. I run 4 dps fives and enh hunter in threes. I use 4 piece t9.25 and run 600 resil with 3150 sp, this is helpful because my flash of lights hit for 6k and if i crit it puts a 1800per second ticking hot on my sacred shield target. I never go oom and my partners never die to lack of healing or me going oom. The resil can be tricky but if you play smart and whatch your positioning there shouldnt be an issue, also battle masters hand of salvation healthstone macro helps alot. my teams are currently 2200 (lost my shaman to aion) and 2350 fives (we've been replacing players due to quits and bans for 2 months and it really hurt our rating). This style of play is by far my favorite and in threes the 4k holy shocks on enemies is a great way to ensure the W.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/5/9/7/9/5/2159795xgchE.png

here is my little story for those of you interested, (I now have 299 resil, 20k hp and 2024 sp so you get an idea)
    thank you very much for this guide, It helped me alot.
    I had my paladin at lvl 80 a while ago but I only recently started to get him geared enough for things like toc. Now I wanted to try to pvp, since it is so much different than from what I am used to ( warrior). Healing is indeed very difficult but over time I got the hand of it, and since pve healing is soo easy (it's all about the gear -.-) I wanted to get some more challenges and more fun out of the game.
    I started simply healing in bgs and doing 10 games a week with my regular pve spec and pve gear, with more gear though, I have now finally taken the step to go holy prot, and I have to say... wow it's so different. the playstyle is completely different, no more instant holy shock crit with instant fol following, no more beacon of light, instead, that shield silence, aura mastery, a TON of blocking along with great survivability, I can now literally stand in front of two rogues healing against their dmg, while surviving twice as long as with my old pve healing spec. But I still have to get used to all of this, especially when to use aura mastery, making sure I use hand of salvation before possible sheeps, keeping holy shield on cooldown and dispell faster

so here I am reading this guide, but I noticed some things are our of date:

-you say that blessing of kings is better than blessing of sanctuary because of the 10% stam, this has been changed though so that sanctuary now gives 10 % stam as well.

some more questions:
    what seals to use? (no specific seal glyphs)
    what to judge?
    should I ever use devotion aura? what aura when?

Deleted

great post. Update it maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser.
    This is an old post, but I feel like answering...

Prot/Holy has endless mana, aff lock wears the enemy's mana down better than any other class. Perfect combo if you have a high-resil lock to work with (or Spriest for the same reason).
    Yeah i now play holy paladin, i love it !

We just should be buffed on " Stoicism ", should be 60% resist imho :>

hey another question as a noob holy-prot pala:
    I was in WSG, healing this DK, he was at full health but he still had a mage debuff on him, I dispelled it 4 times (!!!!) each time it resisted..
    do I need more hit? or more spell pen ? (I know the answer is no, but someone on trade said that -.-)
    or is it just because of the spec of the mage or is it because of something in my spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    hey another question as a noob holy-prot pala:
    I was in WSG, healing this DK, he was at full health but he still had a mage debuff on him, I dispelled it 4 times (!!!!) each time it resisted..
    do I need more hit? or more spell pen ? (I know the answer is no, but someone on trade said that -.-)
    or is it just because of the spec of the mage or is it because of something in my spec?
    Happened to me too. Tried to dispell resto shaman's flame shock, failed 3 times, and cleansed the fourth one, finally.

if it resist, need spell pen,
    if it is a miss, need more hit
    however,,, we don't stack spell pen just for cleanse.....
    so it was just bad luck.