Thread: "I Win" Macro

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: "I Win" Macro

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsa
    :-X I understand that, but what if the /cast random goes (worse case scenario):
    Consecrate -> DS -> Judge -> CS

You would have a pretty horrible 4-5 second clash and that would kill your dps a good bit!
    In that case scenario i would probably lose the current fight
    But as im only using it for when i mess around in battlegrounds 30 seconds and im back in the game

Quote Originally Posted by kyle46
    #showtooltip
    /cast Crusader Strike
    /cast Hammer of Wrath
    /cast Judgement of <insert judgement here>
    /cast Divine Storm
    /cast Concecrate
    /cast Exorcism

This will do your priority rotation for you. That being said it is the most boring way to raid since spamming fireball as a mage in BC.
    Actually, it wont at all. You will continually try to cast crusader strike. And for the record, mages still pretty much just spam fireball (or FFB as the case may be), they just have a couple more cooldowns and a proc to watch. Pretty much the same as any dps class if you break it all down.

Quote Originally Posted by Traijan
    Dwarf's got a point
    Though few people will know it... quite a subtle, yet epic, win.

#showtooltip
    /cast Crusader Strike
    /cast Hammer of Wrath
    /cast Divine Storm
    /cast Concecrate
    /cast Exorcism

This will do your priority rotation for you. That being said it is the most boring way to raid since spamming fireball as a mage in BC.
    Wouldnt you need to make it a cast sequence of some sort? And even then, thats ALOT of spamming to cycle through all those spells to find the one that isnt on CD

/cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Kill Command
    /cast Platinum Disks of Battle
    /cast Blood fury
    /cast Rapid Fire

pro !

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Afallach
    bm hunter /castsequence arcane shot, steady shot, steady shot, steady shot

mm hunter /castsequence chimera shot, aimed shot, arcane shot, steady shot, steady shot, steady shot

blood dk /castsequence icy touch, plague strike, heart strike, heart strike, death strike, death coil, death strike, heart strike, heart strike, heart strike, heart strike, death coil, death coil

frost dk /castsequence howling blast, blood strike, blood strike, obliterate, frost strike, frost strike, obliterate, obliterate, obliterate, frost strike, frost strike

unholy dk /castsequence icy touch, plague strike, blood strike, blood strike, scourge strike, unholy blight, scourge strike, scourge strike, scourge strike, death coil, death coil

ret paladin /castsequence crusader strike, judgement of wisdom, divine storm, crusader strike, crusader strike, judgement of wisdom, divine storm, crusader strike, exorcism

That is the meaty portion of the macros I play with. Add in reset timers and conditionals and those are my macros. This game isn't hard, and making already brainless button mashing even more brainless doesn't change the fact that even without the macro, its still brainless mashing. By the way, the paladin macro is for 3.2 with the faster cs cooldown and art of war proc being used for the exorcism.
    Sorry but your "I-Win" macros are really "I-Fail" macros. We had a Hunter and a Warrior in the guild use similar macros to what you posted. The macro alone cost the hunter ~1500 DPS, and the warrior lost over 2k of his normal DPS. The macros work to a degree but you lose a lot of DPS in exchange for mindless play.

Most of the people that build/use macros like this cant play anyways. They do it because they are so horrible at playing the game they have to simplify the damage portion so that they can concentrate 100% on not getting them selfs killed by other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

#showtooltip
    /cast Crusader Strike
    /cast Hammer of Wrath
    /cast Divine Storm
    /cast Concecrate
    /cast Exorcism

Blizzard disabled these sort of macros long ago..

And the macro i use for leveling my hunter:

/petattack
    /castsequence reset=combat Hunter's Mark, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Honestly I used the hunter and dk only because you did. Want an enhance shaman?

/castsequence Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Earth Shock, Lightning Bolt
    Oh yeah using LB on a macro is really smart... and LL > ES ? o_O
    Another fail macro (or fail knowledge on dps rotation)...

You may have huge macros but that doesn't mean they are working on the "optimal" way.

Example: Hunter in my guild made his rotation "easier" by making a macro... his dps without pushing the macro is still bigger. Macro != win

Quote Originally Posted by bayetovsky
    Oh yeah using LB on a macro is really smart... and LL > ES ? o_O
    Another fail macro (or fail knowledge on dps rotation)...

You may have huge macros but that doesn't mean they are working on the "optimal" way.

Example: Hunter in my guild made his rotation "easier" by making a macro... his dps without pushing the macro is still bigger. Macro != win
    Nothing wrong using lightning bolt in the macro as long as you can quickly reset it if maelstrom weapon is not at 5 stacks. And the LL ES placement, switch them, it doesnt really matter, although I did find that using the LL before the ES made the cooldowns line up better and there was less waiting and more pew pewing.

And I never said the macro will automatically make you win, if you do not use decision making in your thought process and cant make the macro cast the skill you want to cast WHEN YOU WANT TO CAST IT, your right it is fail. Just like castrandom macros in general. I'm not arguing that macros are the end all be all of dps rotations, they simply streamline one repetition with the use of one keybind space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutin
    Blizzard disabled these sort of macros long ago..

And the macro i use for leveling my hunter:

/petattack
    /castsequence reset=combat Hunter's Mark, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot
    The funny thing is: Not long ago you could have gone with only 1 macro which basically hits your spells in order of your priority list.
    Blizzard removed this possibility so that your macro would not go over spells on cd (if you try to use a macro for CS and DS ist will not do DS if CS is on cooldown instead anymore).
    BUT there it was: G15. WoW supports G15 officially and with a G15 you can just bind that macro that was made useless to a G button with the G15 software und you can use it again. I don't even want to know how much Logitech has been paying blizzard for that crap. In fact you could say that G15 is a legal way for botting in world of warcraft as simple as that.
    I tryed it with a ret paladin and the G15 from my sisters husband. I managed to press just G1 on the puppet once and the paladin did a perfect rotation until i hit the G1 button for the second time.
    This does work with any char that has a priority system based on cooldowns. Very nice......NOT.

And honestly I'm kinda done arguing with you people about this, your failing to see what i'm trying to point out and sticking to your "MACROS R BAD" mindset that doesnt really make any sense to me either. If you want, since this is the paladin forum I'll invite anyone that is testing on the PTR to send me a tell either in game or on this board, the name is Valdimus on Broxigar. We'll go run TotC or some other heroics and we'll compare playstyles. Honestly the PTR inspired me to roll a paladin on live, it was alot of fun. Did a naxx25 recently with 8 other paladins and I was consistently every fight better than every other paladin in raid, considering we cleared the instance quickly and it was a smooth run overall, I didnt do too bad for PLAYING A PALADIN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!
    And the dps was pretty similar to my DK who I have raided with on a consistent basis, it's not difficult.

Like I said, this game is easy and the ones who cant at least match what i did are complete failures at it.

Ok after some replies I just didn´t read anymore so, forgive me if I am being redundant.

Are u retarded?

srsly.. wth you are going to do with this macro? It´s simply ridiculous, you need to use cleanse when you need to use it, and so on, you cant win using those stuff randomly.

-_-

The best macro for you is

'I win'
    /cast divine intervention

I guess for you, it's best used in conjunction with shift+tab.

Honestly I used the hunter and dk only because you did. Want an enhance shaman?

/castsequence Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Earth Shock, Lightning Bolt

Or how about Elemental?

/castsequence Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt

Honestly I can do this for just about EVERY SINGLE DPS CLASS. The macros have nothing to do with how much skill it requires to play, it only streamlines one certain aspect of it. If I listed all my macros, I'm sure your head would be spinning.

And did you ever think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, it wasnt the only button I push during a raid night? Let's stick to my paladin here. I have a seperate macro for Avenging Wrath, basic one that activates it and and trinkets. God forbid I ever have to use consecration, but since I only use "one button" I guess you dont think I do that. And damn, I have to move out of <insert random bosses aoe>, now what do I do? Open up with a Exorcism (even though AoW isnt procced and it's still on c/d)? Yeah, that would be a wise decision amirite? There's lots more to do than stand in a single location and hit the same, exact key sequence a thousand times. Take that sequence and macro it, you dont have to stick to it ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

I will agree that /castrandom macros in general are kinda foolish, you will always have a priority and using one skill before another will always be the right way to do things. Cast randoms cant provide that. But your knocking macros just for being macros, when if you use them correctly it will streamline your gameplay and dare I say, make you a more versatile and BETTER player in the longrun. It's just like keyboard turning, you know and I know that it's not as effecient as using a mouse. Same as keybinds, your not going to leave your default UI all the time and not bind certain attacks to various skills to make your job easier. And if you still keyboard turn and not bind your skills, then I dont know what to say to you.

Oh, and for the record, the /castsequence portions that I posted above are only about 25% of each respective macro. The largest macro I have is 376 characters in total, spread across 3 action bar spaces. If you are just looking at the portion i posted, your being misled, which I guess is my fault.

You, sir, fail.

Every DPS class?

Maybe you do not know, but some DPS classes doesn't have an optimal rotation, but a PRIORITY rotation, as to establish maximized DPS. Example on a TTW/FB mage:

To achieve DPS, you need to prioritize:

Living Bomb up > Hot Streak Pyro > Fireball

Used to have scorch debuff somewhere in there too ;-)

So you can't get a cast sequence in there, ESPECIALLY on fights you need to move...

Keep on failing in your corner thinking you can macro everything, and I'll keep outDPSing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucemamarde

You, sir, fail.

Every DPS class?

Maybe you do not know, but some DPS classes doesn't have an optimal rotation, but a PRIORITY rotation, as to establish maximized DPS. Example on a TTW/FB mage:

To achieve DPS, you need to prioritize:

Living Bomb up > Hot Streak Pyro > Fireball

Used to have scorch debuff somewhere in there too ;-)

So you can't get a cast sequence in there, ESPECIALLY on fights you need to move...

Keep on failing in your corner thinking you can macro everything, and I'll keep outDPSing you.
    Thank you.

"I Win" Macro
    #showtooltip Divine Shield
    /cast Divine Shield
    /cast Hearth Stone

Spam button.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucemamarde
    Maybe you do not know, but some DPS classes doesn't have an optimal rotation, but a PRIORITY rotation, as to establish maximized DPS.

Oh come on, who wants to maximize their dps... we all know you want to faceroll your way to victory!
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

It's funny that people even need these macros. Our rotation is easy if you're not retarded.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by qazgosu
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Kill Command
    /cast Platinum Disks of Battle
    /cast Blood fury
    /cast Rapid Fire

pro !
    You don't cast trinkets, but you rather use them.

Or how about Elemental?

/castsequence Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt

What??!! I mean its undoable unless u dont use glyph of flame shock which is kinda lame,similar with enh,bcos u need to track malestorm.

Guys I said several times you can not macro every single detail of a rotation and expect to do top dps, with any class. I'm advocating macros to be used to streamline how many buttons you hit, not for an I win button. So please, quit pretending your class / spec is hard. This applies to the priority systems as well, all classes are theoretically under this system yet when you get your stand and pew pew moments there is a core of skills that you will use every time they are off of cooldown, and that is what can be macro'd.

Look at my hunter example, AGAIN, it does not account for stings, rapid fire, or readiness, all of which render the macro useless unless you account for them manually. I already explained all this.