Thread: Cata Druids!

10+ Year Old Account

Cata Druids!

I am thinking of leveling a druid with the intention of dps'ing. I just wanted to know what people think about druids as a class and in their role as a melee and/or range dps in cata. Are they in a good place? If so, what spec (Feral or Balance) is most desirable in a raid setting.

Ajay

Deleted
    Alot of kitties i know complain about it being bland, the boomkins i know love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    depents in you looking inot normal mdoea kitys are fine if you look into heroric raids thne kittys are to low, boomking seem todo decent in both
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Also kitty range bug is very annoying, like shredding a boss and getting cleaved at the same time.

I'll have to echo Zanthos' sentiments. I am currently leveling a druid (currently 76) and I just recently made the switch over from feral to balance. For me, feral consisted of mangle mangle FB dead repeat. It was very boring albeit efficient. However, I find that balance is much more entertaining and just a hair slower if not the same speed. Managing eclipse and the higher variety of spells/abilities has added a new "thrill" to leveling which had been lost long long ago.
    Don't forget that without sentry totem raid bosses would often sneak up on us.

Personally, I love the druid because it has so many options.

Feral DPS is priority based. A little easier in Cata than in earlier expansions, it still requires fast thinking and benefits from making the right choice mid-fight. It is fine in raids. It has the same problems that all melee dps have in some fights.

Balance DPS is more rotational. The new interface they added in Cata took out a lot of the randomness and proc-based casting so it is now more predictable. Some consider this good, others bad. It is also fine in raids. It has the same problems that all caster DPS have in some fights.

The nice thing is, you can easily do both... as well as heal and tank. That's why I like the druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all for your wisdom and suggestions I think a druid sounds quite fun. Now just to decide what spec to level with...

Quote Originally Posted by Graia View Post
    For me, feral consisted of mangle mangle FB dead repeat.
    That sounds like PvP. Feral actually uses Shred, Rake, Rip, FB, Mangle on single targets in PvE. It has two or three debuffs it brings (some talented).

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 05:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    Thank you all for your wisdom and suggestions I think a druid sounds quite fun. Now just to decide what spec to level with...
    Oh, that's easy. Go Feral as soon as it is available if you are in a hurry. If you want to learn Balance, play it intermittently as you go up. Before 20, balance doesn't have some key spells, but that makes it easier to learn the basics. The gameplay difference between the two is significant, so try them out while leveling.

You can always stick with Feral all the way to 80 if you are in a hurry.

Once you make 80, decide which you like and stick with one to 85 to gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by Adorania View Post
    That sounds like PvP. Feral actually uses Shred, Rake, Rip, FB, Mangle on single targets in PvE. It has two or three debuffs it brings (some talented).
    Yeah, i know that in dungeons and tougher mobs the bleeds would definitely factor in. But i found that, with heirloom gear, two mangles and an FB did the trick more often than not. Also, with the current strength of swipe, I found that I could gather up four or five mobs and swipe them to death very quickly (popping either TF or Berserk)
    Don't forget that without sentry totem raid bosses would often sneak up on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Graia View Post
    Yeah, i know that in dungeons and tougher mobs the bleeds would definitely factor in. But i found that, with heirloom gear, two mangles and an FB did the trick more often than not. Also, with the current strength of swipe, I found that I could gather up four or five mobs and swipe them to death very quickly (popping either TF or Berserk)
    Yes. While leveling, you hardly need DoTs unless you are fighting multiple tough mobs. (It's great to be able to shift out to heal yourself while they still take damage.)

But you're right about the speed. I tried leveling with a partner... I played Balance and he played Feral. He would usually kill single or double mobs before I got a real spell off. I switched to Feral again in order to pull my weight more.

Feral is burst. Balance has to build up and has a ton of synergy between DoTs and long cast time spells.

Hi I play boomkin resto
    I personally I dont go kitty cuz there is alot of em
    Ive been trying bear recently
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/shapy/simple
    This is my character
    They are by far my favorite class and I enjoy them greatly and highly recommend them to any player