Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

banned forums/users topic

I would like to see what topics were closed and why, sometimes there is a topic (like one about spiders during clearing spiderwing) which was quite entertaining and next day I couldn't find it. Topic completly disappeared. I don't know if it turned to some flamefest or what is reason behind that. I would like to see locked topic with reason from person which locked it.

Re: banned forums/users topic

Unless it is necessary, I don't post why I have closed something, because it is time consuming, and leads to people making another topic to argue with me.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Unless it is necessary, I don't post why I have closed something, because it is time consuming, and leads to people making another topic to argue with me.
    Good answer.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Do banned users due to "forum trolling" ever get their account back? Do you actually review previous posts of said people before you ban them? And do you ever unban them?

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    I don't believe that prove it!

<--- smiley just kidding.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I think there should be a topic for all the banned users. It should say, "If you are unhappy with your ban post your appeal here." Of course since they are banned they can't post. Beautiful, beautiful bureaucracy.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Here's the thing - I believe that the bans happen and it uses the IP address to denote if you are banned or not, since when on another account of mine, which is not a troll, was banned and even if i clear cache and cookies, i cannot access the forums. "sorry guest, you are banned." but that only happens when i am on my laptop at my university.

I really want to know why it got banned in the first place, and what can be done to revert the ban because honestly, I would have had to have a longevity of forum trolling abusing to be worth banning. I am not *that* stupid. And I've only been banned once on the official forums (don't be satirical on the general discussion forums asking if something is confirmed or not lol) for a temporary 24 hour (or was it 72, it was a long time ago) period.

Anyway.... just wondering what can be done to appeal a ban.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonicrox
    Here's the thing - I believe that the bans happen and it uses the IP address to denote if you are banned or not, since when on another account of mine, which is not a troll, was banned and even if i clear cache and cookies, i cannot access the forums. "sorry guest, you are banned." but that only happens when i am on my laptop at my university.
    We do ban using IP, but only in certain circumstances; repeat trolling on multiple accounts, for one. Can you please PM me with your universities IP address? (whatismyip.com if you need help finding it). I can take a look at why you were banned and see if there's anything I can do to assist.

I really want to know why it got banned in the first place, and what can be done to revert the ban because honestly, I would have had to have a longevity of forum trolling abusing to be worth banning.
    Since you said you're banned at your uni, I'm going to assume that someone else at your uni also frequents MMOC and used to troll. You may thank them for your IP ban. How long ago did you get banned, was it on this account (Symphonicrox) and were you (be honest, now) doing anything at the time that you think would have been worthy of at least a warning?

Anyway.... just wondering what can be done to appeal a ban.
    If you know who banned you, give that moderator/admin a shout. Otherwise, pick a random mod/admin and PM them if possible. If you can't PM anyone due to an IP ban or such, there's always the IRC channel or the "Contact" link at the top left of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    We do ban using IP, but only in certain circumstances; repeat trolling on multiple accounts, for one. Can you please PM me with your universities IP address? (whatismyip.com if you need help finding it). I can take a look at why you were banned and see if there's anything I can do to assist.
    I will check when I'm at the school tomorrow (yes, saturday lol) but I believe it's 66.192.xxx.xx. If it is not I will fix it later. The name of the university is Full Sail University.
    Since you said you're banned at your uni, I'm going to assume that someone else at your uni also frequents MMOC and used to troll. You may thank them for your IP ban. How long ago did you get banned, was it on this account (Symphonicrox) and were you (be honest, now) doing anything at the time that you think would have been worthy of at least a warning?
    The ban occurred on my account "MsRogue" (But I changed the way others see it so when I post you see "Symphonic". I was surprised when I saw that I couldn't access the forums or any pages outside of the home page that when I got home I checked my last posts, and here are the last few responses I made:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...9;sa=showPosts

You can judge for yourself, and read all my last posts going back each page. If any of my posts are trolling, it would be the one where I was responding to a troll in similar fashion. (The one about 1 warlock who was attacked by 4 rogues and complained about it assuming he should have won)

Here is the statistics of where I typically post. (My main is a rogue) http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...9;sa=statPanel

If you know who banned you, give that moderator/admin a shout. Otherwise, pick a random mod/admin and PM them if possible. If you can't PM anyone due to an IP ban or such, there's always the IRC channel or the "Contact" link at the top left of the page.
    When I get the message at the university that I am banned, it doesn't tell me at all who was the one to start the ban.

Hope this info helps a bit

Yup it looks like I can post on my account when i'm not at the university.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

When I get the message at the university that I am banned, it doesn't tell me at all who was the one to start the ban.
    Perhaps a message " this IP was banned due to miscreant named xyz "

Quote Originally Posted by Nirron
    I swear that I was banned but it seems I'm not.. could have been in my dream tho just woke up! ???
    It's when I try to access the forums at my university. It tells me "Sorry Guest, you have been banned from the forums (trolling)" or something like that. In fact, if it uses MAC addresses as well, I have a separate computer that I take to school with me (a macbook) rather than my laptop that I use when i'm at home. So I'm just trying to figure it out. When I'm at the university and on my macbook, I am considered banned. But not when I'm on my computer at home, on a separate network. If that makes sense.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic
    In fact, if it uses MAC addresses as well, I have a separate computer that I take to school with me (a macbook) rather than my laptop that I use when i'm at home.
    It's impossible to know someones MAC address over standard HTTP, so don't worry we're not banning by that (Besides, that'd be a really inaccurate and unsafe way to ban people :P) I'll take a look into why you're banned now

Edit: Ok, 66.192.*.* is a pretty big range. We've multiple users under that IP so it will be pretty hard to track down which one is effecting yourself. I'm afraid you'll have to give me the full IP address tomorrow :P (Also, it should display a message stating why you are banned, is there one or is that left blank?)

Editedit: Ah, "trolling". Ok, I think I've found your ban, I'll take this up to a PM now.

I miss the "sexiest female race"-thread :'(

Quote Originally Posted by fr0hzn
    I miss the "sexiest female race"-thread :'(
    So do I, but i think it went off limits (content "slightly" *cough* mature)
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Varon
    So do I, but i think it went off limits (content "slightly" *cough* mature)
    Well ... yeah.
    Sad there were lots of very nice pictures in it.

We need a mature (18+) general chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerandomhobo
    Amen.

Me wants female looks in wow back </3

Quote Originally Posted by fr0hzn
    Well ... yeah.
    Sad there were lots of very nice pictures in it.
    Yep ... but in wise foresight I saved most of them ... since I had that feeling that the thread was going to disappear ... sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by Somerandomhobo
    /sign
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

15+ Year Old Account

I would like also but since it is against the rules on mmo-champion, just google it somewhere or try deviantart... Should work also and it won't break any rules here.