Page 1 of 3
LastLast

i feel a holy pally nerf coming.

in patch 3.1 and before pallies found out they could stack so much int, and nothing else, that with crit regen and replen, and dp, they could cast HL non stop on almost all boss fights in game at the time. They stopped worrying about haste/crit, or any other spell like shock/fl and so on. beacon wasn't even imporatant, 90% of the time u put it on yourself to keep alive, or on ot on heavy tank damage fights (patch and so on)

bliz saw this trend and did not like it. sure u can gear well rounded, and keep tank alive without chain casting HL, but why bother when u can just use one button on tank mashing the button over and over and be a "pro" tank healer. Never showed up on evective healing meters, because that's not what pallies really do, but they keep tank, hence the raid, alive. druids/priests/shammies did the rest.

now, they nerf regen big time, and they nerf our int and add in 100% heals on beacon, instead of effective. u wouldn't think that would change things so much. but it did. now there is even more of a push for int and regen gear. because now u can accutally put that HL spam to good use while tank healing. it matters. U can beacon your tank,and if u can manage to hl spam on hard mode 25 mans, it is crazy. i was in the 4.1k effective heal range on xt hard mode tonight 25 man. for the whole night (4 real bosses, 1 hard mode) i was 1 i effective heals at 2.9k hps.

i don't think blizzard will like what they created. no lie, pallies are one of the most powerfull healers in raids right now. and i know blizz doesn't want them that high up.

my guess is they'll cut the mana u get back from dp by 50%.

Re: i feel a holy pally nerf coming.

Or they'll revert to the old Beacon and leave the regen nerfs in place. Wouldn't be the first time Blizzard did some thing like this.

Oh and fix SoW and judging.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Deleted

TBH, I really felt the regen nerf... HL spam is like 1 min tops before I'm nearly dry. The mp5 buff is not enough by miles and miles ahead. I still have the highest mana gain but priest druids still outheal me on the epeen-meter. Well not allways, still depend on encounter pretty badly.

But yea, I believe aswell their gonna revert the beacon change and keep the regen nerfs. It sucks bigtime...

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! Remove JoL... I'ts pretty awsum that a judgement of light can heal for more than your spells can on certain times, example during tantrum (XT) the jetblast thingy (ignis). Not quite but pretty damn close on hodir's frozen blows. Kologarn after the leftarm swipe.

Try recount and set the graph thingy so you see your hps on the exact time, and don't cast anything after the boss does that special thingy and watch it skyrocket. It's horrible and no fun at all...
    Then try the same thing but with your spells and judge wisdom instead, you'll cry...
    I know I know we're supposed to be this niched but this kinda start to get on my nerves, especially when your supposed to bring the pplayer not the class... Guess that don't appl to holy paladins.

Removing JoL will better show how the state of holy paladins are.

The whole point to the Beacon change was to give a pally raid healing capabilities. Until they announce another way of doing it. I think it will be safe for now because they don't want us having a HoT or AoE heal like every other class. However I do think they may nerf Illumination even more casue I still am getting over 4x the mana from it over mp5 gear or Divine Intellect to lower our mana pool.

Pallies will always stack INT and have huge mana pools making mp5 more worthless. Unless they change int or turn mp5 to something like for example "gives .04% of your total mana pool every 5 sec"

As for JoL, it really should be better when a holy pally uses it. I'd like to see it nerfed to 1% health pool unless you spec into Enlighted Judgements making it equal to what is now.

And to close I don't expect to see really any changes until at least the Heroic content is measured.

they may change beacons mana cost, so you can't keep it up all fight if you really do not need it.

I have also noticed the lack of mana regen in a big way, but you know what I did? I exchanged INT/crit/haste gear for INT/SP/crit/MP5 gear and everything's been pretty awesome so far. Haste doesn't feel as important to me now that Beacon heals 100%, in that if someone snipes my raid heal, I don't have to crap my pants and worry if my next holy light will reach the tank in time. If anything, now's the time to focus even more on our regen stats (Int, Crit, Mp5). Don't avoid crit because it's not as powerful; just add more to compensate and bring in mp5 also.

It's true that paladins can't spam Holy Light and be fine anymore, but that's a good thing. Crappy healers will realize they aren't very good, and they'll be forced to change, or they'll respec. To me, healing feels much more natural, and I feel way more useful now that I'm not super-glued to the tank at all times.

Bottom line: I love the changes. They don't feel strong enough to me to warrant a nerf, but I guess we'll see. Blizzard's desire was the get Paladins to stop spamming holy light with unlimited mana, and they've done it. Hello conscientious healers, goodbye spammers.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp
    Oh and fix SoW and judging.
    I see non-damaging seals not proccing off of Judgements in the near future.

I have 2 int gems in all my gear now, one in my Naxx 25 belt off of Patch and one in my maly neck piece, other han that its haste and mp5 and I have no mana problems

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    my guess is they'll cut the mana u get back from dp by 50%.
    no they wont casue ret and prot rely on DP being at 25%

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    I have 2 int gems in all my gear now, one in my Naxx 25 belt off of Patch and one in my maly neck piece, other han that its haste and mp5 and I have no mana problems
    I gem pure Int and have no mana issues anyhow.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I sense you are crying because you can't mindlessly spam heals all day long.

15+ Year Old Account

no they wont casue ret and prot rely on DP being at 25%
    Prot has a 100% uptime on DP. They could also modify JotW to increase the mana gained from DP if DP was to be brought to 10% mana over 10 seconds.

I see a SoW nerf before anything... I mean thats going to take away 1k mana every 8 secs for me... my prediction for

the next Holy pally nerf. 8)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Uggrukor
    I sense you are crying because you can't mindlessly spam heals all day long.
    You can spam FoL in Heroics

Then again, I do very little healing in heroics as it is since JoL + SS + FoL HoT means I dont have to do anything but DPS with SoW xD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamens
    I see a SoW nerf before anything... I mean thats going to take away 1k mana every 8 secs for me... my prediction for

the next Holy pally nerf. 8)
    Go into Prot and not Ret and grab Imp SS, Divinity, and DSacrifice imo :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Prot has a 100% uptime on DP. They could also modify JotW to increase the mana gained from DP if DP was to be brought to 10% mana over 10 seconds.
    this is true and would probably help ret as sometimes when Im ret Im riding the 0% judge 25% line on mana for a good 30 sces until DP is up.

15+ Year Old Account

this is true and would probably help ret as sometimes when Im ret Im riding the 0% judge 25% line on mana for a good 30 sces until DP is up.
    On bosses or trash? If you judge Wisdom and are using SoV, you should have ample Mana (as each SoV tick procs JoW a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Go into Prot and not Ret and grab Imp SS, Divinity, and DSacrifice imo :P
    Agreed.. that is really the spec that is needed to raid/arenas/anything really (if raidin/arenas is srs business to u)...

But 4 me.. i love my dam near 40% chance to crit with holy and my 8 sec judgements haha...

I see beacon getting the nerf. Right now in arena, if you care about that sort of thing, it's very very OP imo.
    For a 3vs team I BL our hunter, and stick next to our shadow priest (we play for fun not to be l33t), and don't do too bad. Healing myself or the priest means I heal the hunter as well. It's like being in two places at once, with no negitive side effects.

How many healers do you know can heal their partner on the other side of the arena? We purposely seperate ourselves out so much that the healer on the team cannot cover their partners at the same time, while allowing me to heal with out any sort of problem.

Run faraway from hunter with beacon, go LS with spriest dps the one following me so the healer has to make a choice, do I heal my guy with the spriest on him or the hunter? Either way he's screwed.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.