Deleted

Death-Warmed Belt and sockets - Help!

Hello out there.

I just achieved the Death-Warmed Belt http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45555#comments

My current stats while using my PvE talents...
    Hit: 173
    Armor pen: 119 (9.66%)
    Crit in cat form unbuffed: 51.99%

(My armory - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lls&n=Scantrax)
    May vary depending on which gear i'm wearing.

I got 3 sockets for gems - Blue, Red and Prismatic.

What should i get for PvE?

-Thanks in advance!

Re: Death-Warmed Belt and sockets - Help!

All ArPen if you got an ArPen trinket. All Agi if you don't.
    (You're wearing PvP stuff at the moment so I can't tell.

Whoa?! i didnt know ppl gemmed for socket bonuses.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

If I used that belt for tanking I'd probably put a Shifting in the blue socket for the bonus. It's worthwhile.

For straight DPS though, yeah, ignore it as you'd lose more by using a Shifting gem.

Ur hit is not capped it should be 262.
    Ur arp slacks in ground it should be 400+
    Ur crit is fine but you shall drop some for hit+ arp.
    So +6 agi is not bad socket bonus but you shall add 3x 27 arp gems in it. Because if you have around 500 arp which leads to %45+ arp, which will make difference of ur white crit hits with savage roar without arp(1.3k) with %45 arp 1.8k
    with 9k ap.
    gain some easy hit with some easy low lvl items and use arp. Arp is your current dps booster for sure
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

Deleted

Thanks for the answers. I've got some +20 hit rating and +20 armor penetration gems, and I'll try to mix something ^^

Unhelpful people.

At your low level of ArP socket 2x agi.
    Your meta will need 2 blues, the +6agi socket bonus is a worthwhile socket bonus to spend this blue on putting a shifting in.
    You have to spend crap gems on your meta somewhere, get the highest socket bonus you can for these 2 blue gems.

Never socket for +hit, switching out some other items to raise it a little wouldn't hurt.

Yeah, what the above dude said. Don't always listen to the first person that responds, as more often than not that I have seen they are wrong.

Hit/Expertise is a commodity not a necessity, its good to have them but its not worth gemming for.

ArP is only valuable if you have at least 200 from your gear alone, no gemming. You want the Agility meta NOT the crit meta, so get that, and gem a 10 stats prismatic in the belt's blue slot.

In the future, just check the stickies and look on EJ and other forums before asking anything, they will give you the proper information.

15+ Year Old Account

gemming for socker boneses aint worth it

if u got to gem a blue socket for bones u most likely end up whit agi / sta

then u get get +10 agi / +15 sta and a +6 agi bones while u could have had +20 agi directly
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    in most cases, but some are worth it. This one most specifically

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    in most cases, but some are worth it. This one most specifically
    Woaw..that's a retarded ammount for a socket bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra

if u got to gem a blue socket for bones u most likely end up whit agi / sta

then u get get +10 agi / +15 sta and a +6 agi bones while u could have had +20 agi directly
    but if you need that "blue" gem to activate your meta gem, it starts to become worth it, and from what i cna see from other leather gear, the +6 agi is one of the better socket bonuses to achieve when gemming for your meta, others include +4 agi, +4 hit + 6 hit,

if you're wanting to gem agi anwyays, why not go for as close to max as possible
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    about what class to play, i see players here are giving advices:
    mage - i donno how it's high lvl but my mage of lvl 30 is with a lot of downtime for mana(mages are like irish warriors, drink fight and drink and fight)

For metas - use the new tear. +10 all stats ftw.
    Never gem hit. Gem agi if arpen is below 200-250, arpen if 250+ till soft cap.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Quote Originally Posted by calibro
    For metas - use the new tear. +10 all stats ftw.
    This. Also, nightmare tear (+10 stats) stacks with enchanted tear (+6 stats) so you can activate pretty much any meta gem.

Quote Originally Posted by pomterri
    Ur hit is not capped it should be 262.
    This guy is a clueless idiot.

First of all: You do not and should not ever gem for hit or expertise as feral dps. Hit and expertise are lackluster stats as we cats are not GCD limited, and missed specials only cost 20% energy. Please refer to the cat stickies on elitistjerks.com.

If you don't have a Grim Toll or a Mjolnir Runestone, then get one.

Now in regards to gemming, you want to use a Nightmare Tear in a blue socket with the best bonus i.e. a chest with say +6agi, in order to activate your meta gem. EVERY other socket should contain a red gem!
    Gemming for socket bonuses is almost always a dps loss.

Now should those red gems be agi or arpen? Well it depends on this formula from one of the threads on elitist jerks.

x < 200 -> Agility is the best stat, gem for it
    200 < x < 619.6 -> ArPen is the best stat, gem for it
    619.6 < x -> Agility is the best stat, gem for it

Just replace your soft-cap with 566.6, when wearing Mjolnir Runestone instead of Grim Toll.
    So if you have more than 200 arpen on your gear from gear alone, gem for arpen until you hit the soft cap.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that the only meta you should use is the Relentless Earthsiege Diamond.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus
    If you don't have a Grim Toll or a Mjolnir Runestone, then get one.
    I wish it was this easy...

Woah. Woah. Woah. Woah. Woah.

Two blue gems to activate your meta gem? Why, oh why are you using Chaotic Skyflare?? Use Relentless Earthsiege! It only requires one of each gems, and a Nightmare Tear is pretty un-gimp as far as yellow/blue requirements go... ><

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...t&n=Bernadette

Like this. ><

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    Your meta will need 2 blues
    Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Charo
    Two blue gems to activate your meta gem? Why, oh why are you using Chaotic Skyflare?? Use Relentless Earthsiege!
    This. The RED requires 1 each of red/blue/yellow. The Nightmare Tear is prismatic and satisfies your meta requirements, as well as being a pretty awesome gem. Rest of your gems should be red gems, arpen until soft cap, agi afterwards.

The only reason for you to deviate from the pure red approach is if you had some of the new gear from 25TotC that has both a yellow socket and an 8+ agi bonus. I'll probably put some 10 agi/10crit gems in the runetotem pieces with +8 agi bonii when i get some. Unless of course I'm overlooking something and 2agi>10 crit :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    I wish it was this easy...
    It shouldn't be too bad. I ran it for 4 weeks before I even saw one drop and then was lucky enough to out-roll the hunter doing 2k dps :

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus
    It shouldn't be too bad. I ran it for 4 weeks before I even saw one drop and then was lucky enough to out-roll the hunter doing 2k dps :
    We've been doing Thorim 10 hard since a few weeks after 3.1; it was our first hardmode. We've seen the trinket exactly once, which went to a deserving rogue.

I didn't see a single grim toll in guild for the last few months of 3.0, at the point when I could have bought one with DKP. I ran naxx25 pugs for over a month and a half after that, and then just gave up after seeing four or five of them drop and go to terribad players, once even two in a single run.

Don't tell me it's not too bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Don't tell me it's not too bad...
    Aww... /hug