Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

I just wanted to add my 2 cents here....

The beauty of speculation is that no matter what you say, even if it is the wildest and craziest idea ever (like...let's say Thrall killing Ysera...) you have a chance to be right until all this info is confirmed/denied at the Blizzcon...

Regarding the race/class changes, there is a lot of reasons you could deny them or accept them based on lore..I would say this happens cause WoW's lore is not complete yet and Blizzard could open any door or window they want. If this was LotR and you come and say that they will get orcs fighting against Sauron, all hobbits going to Valinor...we could laugh our asses off that cause that story is complete. In the other hand WoW is not like that, is a "living world", we "live" the present of it and things could change in any possible way...Taurens may look for the Light as they see how pure it is dealing with the scourge..I would like to know what dk taurens tell Cairne about Tirion's use of Light and how it threatens the Lich King himself to the point he rathered leave the battle at Hope's Chapel (well the ashbringer did its part too...).
    Before WC3 you could never ever thought of Horde and Alliance fighting together, Medivh being a savior but Blizzard wrote more lore and things changed, just like they might change now. If we keep living under the same "lore restrictions" we know so far the game will just either die or get freaking boring (at least imho...).

We can see all those leaks cause Blizzard for sure let them go out and read the fanbase thoughts about those possible changes without having to reply and discuss about it...they can just take the feedback and know how much info they could release at the blizzcon without annoying players too much. I always thought Emerald Dream would be the next expansion not including too much about the maelstrom thing but in a marketing point of view revamping azeroth now could improve the graphics and keep people attached to wow instead of looking for better looking games.

Now, if Orgrimar happens to be destroyed I dont think Blizzard will just let everybody die down there, as Myrok pointed in other post patch 4.0 will come before the expansion. Wouldn't be awesome to have daily quests in Orgrimmar about evacuating the city? I don't play Horde, but the simple fact of doing something like that for your people and city really makes me think of playing Horde now just to see that...
    You may say: "how the hell they will know they need to evacuate?"...As I said at the begining of this post, thats the beauty of speculation...so I am going to:
    Some Deathwing's goblins manage to escape, they look for help with their own kind and they say they are neutral and they can't pick a side cause that would affect their business, so they decide to ask both factions, as usual, humans couldnt care less for other races (specially for different looking ones) and Varyan fires at them saying he has enough problems to deal with others'. They go and look for Thrall who - as usual - decides to help them. Goblins join the Horde, Thrall listens to the info the Goblins know about an incoming cataclysm, he is wise and prepares for it evacuating Orgrimmar (sorry i just love the idea of those kind of dailies...).
    Garrosh is not left in charge of the Horde, he is just left in charge of the orcs while Thrall is away then he disagrees with the pacific way Cairne looks at things and the influence he has on a side of the Horde so he plans or allows Cairne to die. He could also set it up to look like Alliance did and have the war he loves and look for.

For the alliance part idk...i have always doubted of Fandral and I agree with Myrok too that he is either a Neltharion's agent now or Nelth himself. I know Fandral was never the same after his son's death in AQ and he could have been easily corrupted. The counterpart for the goblins escaping could be some highborne going to darnassus and asking for forgiveness and telling NE about what is going to happen cause they found it from azshara herself....(i really dont know how possible this could be, but dreaming is free so why not?) then since Malfurion is back he forgives them and they start training what is needed to face the cataclysm and guess what? they start training NE mages. Darnassus might have its own evacuation thing too../shrug

Why do I think Malfurion will accept them? simple, Blizz is trying to the balance the leaders and we have Garrosh being a dick like Varyan and Malfurion being wise like Thrall. Call it coincidence or whatever but the upcoming book is about Malfurion and it may give us a different impression on how he could react to the highborne...

Anyway this was just my speculation, u could laugh at it, hate it, like it, whatever, i just wanted to have a chance of doing it before we know what part of all this is info is wrong.
    Also this post might have tons of lore errors that i really dont know and i apologize for that, by no means I am trying to say this is accurate, this is just my opinion of what would be cool to see....

PS: Myrok u rock!

I don't know has this said before, but seeing this post just got me a great idea:

Quote Originally Posted by TyphonTook
    Hah, or he's weakened, and then we get... Rag as the new Hogger!
    I vote Hogger to be a new lvl 85 outdoor boss / an ultra rare mob like time-lost proto drake!

I Believe about 95% of what we saw here about the next xpac is true, but that does not mean it will make it into the final version. Also, it maybe true but not in the way you think it will go. An example of this is that the worgen will have two forms. I think they will have, but not like a racial thing more a long the lines of you start out as a human and then you turn into a worgen forever.

Does anyone know if you have the Blizzcon live stream that you can rewind it to watch things you may have missed. I understand its a "live" broadcast. Just was wondering if it was possiable to do that. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoodle
    I vote Hogger to be a new lvl 85 outdoor boss / an ultra rare mob like time-lost proto drake!
    I vote Hogger to be the first legendary mount since the AQ buggy.

A flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by TyphonTook
    There are so many explanations for the new race/class combos, it's ridiculous, and all are very reasonable lore-wise.
    Anyone who needs an explanation as to why a pixel is designed a certain way in a video game, needs to get a fuckin' life.

Seriously. You are bitching and whining about VIDEO GAME LORE. LOL?

We herd ur life was pathetic so we put some drama up in ur video game drama so you could enjoy the drama while enjoying the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoodle
    I don't know has this said before, but seeing this post just got me a great idea:

Dumb. Please don't ever post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rietz
    Anyone who needs an explanation as to why a pixel is designed a certain way in a video game, needs to get a fuckin' life.

Seriously. You are bitching and whining about VIDEO GAME LORE. LOL?

We herd ur life was pathetic so we put some drama up in ur video game drama so you could enjoy the drama while enjoying the drama.
    I herd u guys nerding out, so I posted in your forum to insult ur gaming.

Seriously, did you need to post just to insult people who have a hobby? Nerds are one part social ineptitude, one part intellect, and one part obsession, in varying degrees. The fact that you're a member of these forums means you probably know that. Most of the people in this thread are more the latter. This is what we do. I guess insulting people because they like to discuss decent stories to go along with their games is your thing.

You seem more focused on games from a mechanical stand-point. "Plot be damned if it's fun," maybe? What's your take on this information, accurate or not, from that stand-point? Most of this thread has indeed been about the lore. Maybe we should see this from a design view, too.

What if they won't announce a new expansion at all? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx
    My question is - will they add a couple of character slots per account for this. That's a lot of new options, and at this stage of the game, many people probably have 10 established characters on their main server(s).
    I honestly hope not. Just see what happened with DK's invasion, there is probably 80-90% of WoW player base that have a DK toon. I don't have one and do not plan on having one.

While I think most of this is probably true, due mostly to Bou's reliability, I still have to believe there will be a new continent.

Here's why:

herbalism and mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin
    While I think most of this is probably true, due mostly to Bou's reliability, I still have to believe there will be a new continent.

Here's why:

herbalism and mining.
    I hope that reason is a joke.

Here's why:

herbalism and mining.
    and that is your point? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Teestala
    yeah if we can sit there and fly around at blinding speeds in -30 degree weather in mountains 140000 feet above ocean level, we sure as hell can fly in a friggin jungle
    Just remember to keep our mouth shut so we dont swallow too many tropical birds

Here's why:

herbalism and mining.
    Well... see a point there but... hmm
    with new lvls all our proffessions wil get a higher max lvl, but with no new continent then how do we lvl mining and herbalism unless they change the phasing tec to have "new" world nodes etc in the old world for high lvl players. But that would mess up ppl that wanna lvl mining and herbalism from scratch, having to revisit the old world places to mine copper, tin, iron, mithril and so on, same with herbalism.

Quote Originally Posted by szass
    I made an account just to reply to this.

WoW Cataclysm =  WoW 2.0   and I can't wait !!

I hope this means all of Azeroth is being re-done ! I don't think they are just going to plant some flowers and put in a few new park benches. I bet Blizzard has been working on this revamp for a long time already.Old zones they don't need anymore will be destroyed and some old zones will be redone as higher level zones.Some new zones will be added as well.I bet that they ALL get a graphical update.

I hope they make leveling from 1-58 faster for everyone who isn't a DK and a revamp gives them the ability to redo all the leveling quests for more xp and get new toons up to current content easier.New starting zones and new leveling areas? Yes please.

Cataclysm means DESTRUCTION and CHANGE on a MASSIVE scale. And I for one hope they RE DO EVERYTHING.Sure there will be some vanilla whiners but blizz doesn't care about them because 99.9% of the players buy the expansions.New player won't get to experience "Old Azeroth" ,but "New Azeroth" will be better anyways.

Leveling from 80-85 sounds great ! From what I've heard leveling is going to be more about epic events and questlines like Wrathgate and less about kill 15 wolves and collect pelts.
    Select dungeons and raids, not all of them, will get revamped and redone like Ony.Some will simply be destroyed I bet.New dungeons and raids will get added in the new zones.
    All in all, it sounds awesome.

I heard another rumor about customizable ships and submarines,required to reach the new undersea areas, that would be cool too.It would end the player housing QQ for the most part.

It is time for Azeroth to move forward, and Blizzard ALWAYS delivers a premium product.I can't wait.

this. i was thinking about it and i could go on a stretch here but if i had to guess i would say this is the equivelant to WoW 2. what i mean by this is that after the x-pac hits the stores people would have to buy this one and it would replace the others(for example, someone who's going to start the game buys this box wich contains a shit load of cd's and not wow classic+tbc+wotlk)

or

the world changes are done in some insane patch and the xpac only brings u the new classes+lvls,etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojoez
    Just remember, when life's a sour bitch... Make some bitching lemonade! :P

I, for one, welcome our WoW 2.0 Overlords... ;D

ONE MOAR DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Dwarf shaman wtf!!! jajaja

Quote Originally Posted by Niah
    Well... see a point there but... hmm
    with new lvls all our proffessions wil get a higher max lvl, but with no new continent then how do we lvl mining and herbalism unless they change the phasing tec to have "new" world nodes etc in the old world for high lvl players. But that would mess up ppl that wanna lvl mining and herbalism from scratch, having to revisit the old world places to mine copper, tin, iron, mithril and so on, same with herbalism.
    Exactly.

Good to see someone on here doesn't have to have things spelled out for them.

well i read this and got to where it said that wargen were joining the ally, as a mainly ally based player i like the idea because i always wanted to play then sence i learnd the town outside SFK is an alliance town during the day and a wargen one at night, the few things i cant see are... Pally turans, troll druids, and the destruction of Org. some things i would like to see are... Titans grip un nerfed of fury warrs(this my be because my main is a Prot/Fury warr) strat be taken back over by ether horde or ally, and gnomer given back to the gnomes (get thoes little guys out of the Dwarfs hair), as far as this being a joke i strongly think this is real and the reason for the only 80-85 lvl cap is becasue BLIZZ HAS OTHER GAMES TO WORK ON!! WOW is not there only game. Diablo 3, Starcraft 2. both games that i am looking forward to comming out and if they didnt have most of there atention focased on the QQers in WOW then at least one of them would be out by now. they are doing this to mabye to get a few month of freedom from haveing to do anything big. they have gone as far as they can with Northrend and outland. although i would like to see more of the emerald dream as far as i have seen it was forgotten with WC, and to me it was a fun idea... even if its only like a past time thing ;D