Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: The NEW Face of Azeroth...

Meh, theirs nothing else revealed or anything more realistic than this, so you have my 2 cents.

i noticed the big globes too thought about it but thought mabey they just fucked up or something lol

Here's my composite of the current world and the outline from that map:

From this I extract:

1) The western continent will be cut in half across the barrens, north of mulgore and south of stonetalon.

2) Most of 10k needles will be "gone" (underwater as we already know)

3) The connection between stonetalon and desolace will be broken and will be water

4) mulgore will be an island!

5) not much south of 10k needles can be seen, but it certainly looks like tanaris shrinks a bit....

WoW: Founder <Saturnalia>, Norgannon
    Rift: Mev <Ascended of Corthana>, Faeblight
    Gaming articles

It's a good effort, but I do not think that we can make definitive judgments on the shape of Post-Cataclysm Azeroth based on these maps.

You guys should take the Cata screen shots into consideration. The ones of the barrens shows lava and fissures, not water.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0
    Personally, I feel like the Cataclysm event may have something to do with the moon, possibly colliding with Azeroth as Hothgor mentioned, which caused it to tilt on it's axis, which would also cause the other moon to orbit in a different path.
    We'll have to summon four entities to stop the Moon from destroying Dalaran!

Murloc from the Swamp!

Tuskkar from the Sea!

Taunka from the Mountains!

Silithid from the Desert!

"Do not run! We are your friends!"

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jurazz-Blammymatazz
    We'll have to summon four entities to stop the Moon from destroying Dalaran!

Murloc from the Swamp!

Tuskkar from the Sea!

Taunka from the Mountains!

Silithid from the Desert!

And once there our greatest hero will be sucked into the moon to fight the demon that has possessed it!

EDIT

RAWWRRR!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace
    And once there our greatest hero will be sucked into the moon to fight the demon that has possessed it!

EDIT

RAWWRRR!!!!
    That moon from MM gave my little brother nightmares.

On every map I have seen so far, Dustwallow marsh appears to be clearly untouched. It's a swamp and nearby regions are flooded... how come it could be that way ?

I could very well picture Theramore protected by its insularity, its high walls or some magical spell by Jaina, but there's no way the mainland could remain that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokk
    On every map I have seen so far, Dustwallow marsh appears to be clearly untouched. It's a swamp and nearby regions are flooded... how come it could be that way ?

I could very well picture Theramore protected by its insularity, its high walls or some magical spell by Jaina, but there's no way the mainland could remain that way.
    Mmm.. Thereamore, curious to how it will handle cata.

The Elementals will keep Dustwallow Marsh intact so they have a place to go on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor
    With the imminent announcement of World of Warcraft - Catacylsm, it only seems fitting that some attention is paid to the 'clues' already placed in the game. Perhaps the most glaring example of what Azeroth will look like can be found in HoL and Ulduar.

This is the Eastern Kingdoms. This area of the world does not seem to be affected very much by the events to come.

This is Kalimdor. Notice how the entire central area of the continent has been devastated, presumably by the Cataclysm. You can pick out Azshara fairly easily, as well as Winterspring, Teldrassil and the Azure/Bloodmyst Isles. What is missing, however, seems to be The Barrens, Stonetalon Peaks, and PARTS of Dustwallow Marsh. The big island on the right seems to be located approximately where Theramore is now, so perhaps Jania is safe...for now...

Of course, none of this is probably new to most of you guys, but in Ulduar, there is a 'hidden' easter egg/treat:

This is Azeroth. No really, it is! Take a look. Its in the hallway leading to Algalon's room. You can see Azshara, Dun Morogh, Lake Lordamere and other important land marks. Want a better view?

Once again you can clearly see 'northern' Azeroth. Winterspring and Azshara are clearly visible from Kalimdor, Quel'Danas and Eversong Woods can also be seen, and Lake Lordamere is clearly visible. In Northrend, you can clearly see Icecrown Glacier, and careful examination reveals the Caldera and Grizzly Hills. Now from the other side...

You can easily see Ungoro, Tanaris, 1k Needles, and the Isle of Dread. You can also barely make out the last portion of Durotar, and across the ocean you can see the edge of Dun Morogh and Stranglethorn Vale.

Now yes, I know the world is on its 'side', but perhaps that is simply part of the story line. Conspicuously absent is the Maelstrom...perhaps its 'vanishing' is a direct cause of the Cataclysm. We will find out next week, hopefully! In the meantime, I present to you the 'corrected' new world of Azeroth from WoW-Cataclysm:

/discuss

Couldn't really tell.. but this has to be after the sundering, and i believe the titans made azeroth before the sundering, and deathwing went crazy because of whisperings from an OG. weiiiiird. + i think it's weird that there's been black dragons in the badlands the whole time, and thats allegedly where DW comes out, but idk, gotta wait and see.
    QQ is the passive for every elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by RakuRaku
    Mmm.. Thereamore, curious to how it will handle cata.
    Jaina, using her Jaina.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by whetherman
    Personally i want to the underwater zones the most. A huge ass leap for Blizzard's environments. Azshaara or gtfo.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by Dregas_Volar
    That would be pretty awesome

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nirron
    First picture.. there is a Southrend!
    Shit just got real bro.

I can NOT believe people are still making those stupid outline pictures. We did this at the start of the thread. Really now, we do NOT NEED MORE. Lots have been made. Most are bad like the ones from the last few pages.

Stop making new maps/etc. Check the WHOLE thread first before posting or do not post at all!

bye.

Once again... we will find out what the NEW face of Azeroth looks like in due time.

Shadow

10+ Year Old Account

Eastern and Western Plague lands has me excited id like to see them partially restroed sense i did all the quest over there an kinda bummed to see what it has become and with the loss of southshore for the alliance id like to see it happen

also excited to see the list below

Thousand Needles
    Uldum
    Gilneas
    City of Vash'Jir

in due time Blackshadow seems like forever in my book its been like 4-5 months since they talked about cataclysm hopefully once they release the lich king in Feb will get some new details.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]