Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret Paladin Stat Weights

If anyone is interested, here's my DPS stat weights for my human retribution paladin.

Str 1.79
    Hit 1.50
    AP 0.71
    Exp 0.94
    Crit 0.79
    Agil 0.76
    Haste 0.62
    ArmPen 0.53
    Mace/Sword Racial 23.15
    Weapon DPS 5.50
    Weapon Speed 242

Each weight indicates the DPS increase by gaining 1 stat (i.e. 1 Str = 1.79 DPS increase). These stats assume full 25 man buffs, FCFS rotation, 5min fight, 1 Boss, and SoV. My spec is 5/11/55 with Judgement, Consecration and SoV glyphs.

The weights for Hit and Expertise assume you are under their respective caps, as they are effectively zero or near zero above cap.

Since Ret is my off-spec, my gear is a rather moderate mix of 200-226 epics. Those in BiS will see slightly higher weights, but the relative values stay pretty consistent.

I used RAWR to derive these weights. If you don't like them, don't use them.

I use these in PAWN to help evaluate gear upgrades.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ails/pawn.aspx

Notes:
    • As has been said before, Str is our best stat period. In almost all cases it is better to loose a socket bonus and gem all Str.
    • Weapon DPS is a very strong stat for us, to the point where it will often make up for poor stat allocation.
    • Weapon speed affects us. For every 0.1 second slower swing time, we gain 24 DPS.
    • Armor Penetration sucks.
    • Haste and Agility are almost equivalent.
    • Human 3 Expertise racial is worth 23 DPS while below the Expertise softcap.
    • AP is better than it looks since it "costs" half of most other stats, so it will usually come in double the quantity.

~Daphoosa

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ret Paladin Stat Weights

its nice of you to put some effort in posting this information, but afaik this is already stated in the Ret FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    its nice of you to put some effort in posting this information, but afaik this is already stated in the Ret FAQ.
    Good Point. I didn't really intend it to replace the faq, just give that information in a slightly different format.

This is personal preference, but I like my weights to relate to the dps I do while fighting, not related to another stat. The faq weights are in relation to 1AP, which I find to be a bit nebulous in terms of definig their effect on my total dps at the end of the fight. The faq numbers also fail to clearly define how weapon dps and weapon speed affect your final dps. These numbers are vital when evaluating weapon upgrades.

This are just my numbers. Since some might find them interesting, here they are. Others should ignore them.

But how much is strength a priority over hit?

In PvP, should I completely ignore Hit over strength?
    Or should I focus on strength as soon as I'm PvP hit capped?
    Why can't I upload images for my signature

the stats vector is inherently stochastic; fixed-weight systems are an approximation of an approximation

Quote Originally Posted by dadou131988
    But how much is strength a priority over hit?

In PvP, should I completely ignore Hit over strength?
    Or should I focus on strength as soon as I'm PvP hit capped?
    These stat weights are really more for PvE. The basic principles still apply to PvP, but there are a lot of other factors to consider. I'd take your question to the PvP forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tlitd
    the stats vector is inherently stochastic; fixed-weight systems are an approximation of an approximation
    Although true to a certain extent, these weights are just a tool to help the user make an educated decision. Although imperfect, they still give an estimate that is probably more accurate then most people could figure just by looking at two items side by side.

Ignore hit in pvp, some of your gear is bound to have some hit. It's better with crit and resi/sta

Quote Originally Posted by Zolra
    Ignore hit in pvp, some of your gear is bound to have some hit. It's better with crit and resi/sta
    Ignoring hit in pvp is a bad move. That clutch repentance or judgement nuke you need missing can cost you a game.

Deleted

Which is why, if avaliable to you, it's a good idea to pick up some high end PvE items that stack a lot of Hit/Expertise.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Davantius
    Which is why, if avaliable to you, it's a good idea to pick up some high end PvE items that stack a lot of Hit/Expertise.
    Or get the WG items, which have hit on them as well.

Based on this, would that make the 2H axe out of H ToC better than Ironsoul?
    Read the signature rules.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by talynonyx
    Based on this, would that make the 2H axe out of H ToC better than Ironsoul?
    Yes and No, depending on if you need the EXP if you are a dwarf or human.

Well I'm not far below the soft cap with the axe equipped, with SoV glyph I go over it.
    Read the signature rules.

The thing is that ArP can get a nice value as long as you have enough of them. The more ArP, the more profit you have from getting more. As I am also offspeccing Ret (need 2 points more to be hitcapped lucky me) with same itemlevel etc I see my ArP is doing more then you are saying. On severall items I got there is a basis ArP present . I do concure that ArP should be a bit nicer for us but Blizzard decided somethign different. Only have my ret gear up for Yogg. Sometimes we lack melee and as we use a nice number of healers on bosses before that an dnot on Yogg (maximum of 5) I can respec to retri or even tanking.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Koffie
    The thing is that ArP can get a nice value as long as you have enough of them. The more ArP, the more profit you have from getting more. As I am also offspeccing Ret (need 2 points more to be hitcapped lucky me) with same itemlevel etc I see my ArP is doing more then you are saying. On severall items I got there is a basis ArP present . I do concure that ArP should be a bit nicer for us but Blizzard decided somethign different. Only have my ret gear up for Yogg. Sometimes we lack melee and as we use a nice number of healers on bosses before that an dnot on Yogg (maximum of 5) I can respec to retri or even tanking.
    Then you have too much ArP- ArP affects a total of about 30-35% of our total DPS. If you have too much ArP, then you are "wasting" stats on ArP and not on other values, such as Str or Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Koffie
    short: no

long: noooooooooooooooo. arp is bull for ret as 60% of our dmg is holy witch does ignore armor and therefore not profit from arp.

if you can, try to avoid arp, haste and even agi on gear completely.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr
    short: no

long: noooooooooooooooo. arp is bull for ret as 60% of our dmg is holy witch does ignore armor and therefore not profi from arp.

if you can, try to avoid arp, haste and even agi on gear completely.
    "Avoid" is a bad choice of words. There is no downside to having any- Just dont base your gear choice of say 45 ArP over 64 Crit.

Once over the cap, the weights change a lot, mine are :

( Pawn: v1: "Rawr": Agility=0.89, ArmorPenetration=0.65, Ap=0.72, CritRating=0.94, HasteRating=0.79, HitRating=0.30, Intellect=0.01, SpellPower=0.27, Strength=1.83 )

Which reads :
    STR over anything, then crit, AP, Haste, ArP.

Makes sense
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    "Avoid" is a bad choice of words. There is no downside to having any- Just dont base your gear choice of say 45 ArP over 64 Crit.
    /run its ArP, hes gonna eat us!

Seriously.. haste /crit gear > LoLArP / crit
    people who stack ArP dont get anywhere near from my pug.. and a part of me die..