Relentless Onslaught vs. Violet Champion [Legs]

Alright, so the guild has taken a raiding hiatus for the summer so I've mainly relied on pugged leftovers for Uld-10 and we've gotten sh!t for loot when it comes to plate dps for the past couple of weeks. Anyway, legs are next up on my list for something to grab to satisfy as a ret set.

A lot of the lists I've pulled rank the Onslaught legs as better than the Violet Champion legs. I'm not sure why, sure Onslaught has higher haste and higher base str but it ends there. VC has higher stam, two sockets, higher crit.

To me anyway, the VC legs scream as the obvious overall winner here. Yet I've seen plenty of ret swapping out the VC legs for the Onslaught legs, and I can't really see why.

Reason I'm asking here, I haven't gone as ret since TBC --- I raid, BGs, and arena as holy; so this is all turning into a quick refresher course for me though I've been pleased. A couple slots are empty, some gear is unenchanted but I was able to maintain an easy 3k on a boss dummy and about 3.8k (3,791) on Patch in a Naxx-10 last night. Not where I want it for our Uld-10 as our lowest dps is just shy of 5.5k but it's getting there.

Anyway, back to the legs. Are the other rets right in ranking Onslaught superior to VC or am I right in taking VC to be the superior piece?

Legplates of the Violet Champion http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/45841/l...olet-champion/
    Legplates of Relentless Onslaught http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47495/l...ess-onslaught/

EDIT: Operate under the assumption that I'm hit cap (which I am, at a lawl 12% -- even after regemming for str) so +20 str gems would be placed in the sockets.

Re: Relentless Onslaught vs. Violet Champion [Legs]

AP > crit

VC gives more ap...simple
    You be trollin', no we be goblin

violet champion legs.

15+ Year Old Account

2 gem slot.. more ap and crit
    vc and an easy choice lol

Quote Originally Posted by balatro
    Yet I've seen plenty of ret swapping out the VC legs for the Onslaught legs, and I can't really see why.
    Baddies.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

15+ Year Old Account

use rawr and you have a better picture of the difference in items.

http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr