shadow priest pants question

I am having problems figuring out which pants to use as a shadow priest. I had been using leggings of the demonic messenger ( http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47620/) but i just had the T8.5 shadow pants drop for me finally which gives me my 4pc. Is the 4pc worth the stat loss I will take by using them??

Re: shadow priest pants question

You should get the 4p through helm/shoulders/gloves/robe. You should get holy t8.5 pants OR any other piece superior to the holy pants, since shadow pants are terribad. The ones that you have seem pretty good, but I would get holy ones anyway since they have 2 sockets. Do you think you can get the 4 piece with the other pieces any time soon? If yes, I would just stick with the ones you have OR get the holy t8.5. If not, then I would go ahead and take the shadow pants.

I already have the new trophy shoulders and I havent had any luck with the 8.5 shoulders

In that case I would go ahead and take the shadow pants... At least until you can get 2 piece T9. That way you can go ahead and do a 3 2 2 mind flay rotation while you get 2 piece t9.

2 piece t9/t8 > 4 piece t8.

4p t8.5 is nearly useless. The 232 pants you linked are superior to the t8.5, but as I think someone mentioned earlier the t8.5 holy pants are better than the dps pants. I don't know how the holy pants compare to the demonics but they're all better than the shadow pants...

4p t8.4 is not useless. Haste isn't our greatest stat but its still far from useless, specially if you can fit the occasional 3 2 2 MF.

Quote Originally Posted by xSoul
    4p t8.4 is not useless. Haste isn't our greatest stat but its still far from useless, specially if you can fit the occasional 3 2 2 MF.
    It is (nearly) useless... i dropped the bonus and didnt loose any dps. May be that if you got the right amount of Haste the bonus would work but i did not.. i couldnt fill any cast after the second MF without casting MB later which result in a dpsloss...

B2T: The Holy T8.5 has 2 gemsockets if im right. so it makes it sup to your actual.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by meowfecta
    I am having problems figuring out which pants to use as a shadow priest. I had been using leggings of the demonic messenger ( http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47620/) but i just had the T8.5 shadow pants drop for me finally which gives me my 4pc. Is the 4pc worth the stat loss I will take by using them??
    If you're able to get T8 shoulders to get the 4p then go with that. If you can get even the T8 holy pants instead of the T8.5 then I'd still go with the holy pants. The shadow T8.5 are poorly itemized because it gives a huge amount of stam instead of allowing more spellpower or spirit or int. T9 isn't that well itemized either because they went from screwing us over with hit to putting too much on.

I dropped my 4 set in favour of an increase in haste and crit at the drop of some spell power, can't remember the exactly number. it wasn't massive though and I gained quite a bit of DPS from it. I hated the 4 set since I got it. It just totally screwed up things so that I was constantly waiting with nothing to do and my VT refresh was being thrown off. now I have a nice flowing rotation.

as for T9
    ive grabbed the gloves and am looking to grab shoulders
    the head im really not sold on as spell power + hit i just feel im missing something with no haste or crit on it as well.
    the chest im going to get the crafted peice as its better and for pants im currently unsure but i think its an upgrade over what ive got so i guess once i have shoulders and gloves for 2p i'll think over if i should get the head/pants im considering wether or not the large amounts of hit are really needed or not

Assuming u have a nice haste plateau BEFORE 4set t8.5.
    This is my own theory of haste, if u disagree go fondle with alternate(bad) theories at spriest.com

Code:
    240 haste = 4 set
    160 Crit = 4set
    120sp = 4set
    Code:
    Basically
    1 Spellpower  = 1  Spellpower
    1 Crit Rating  = .8 Spellpower
    1 Haste Rating = .50 Spellpower
    Note that this is just estimates in my head if someone wants to figure out correct values they can.

So if you can get 120 Spellpower or 160 crit or a mix of both to make up for the haste loss u can make up for the 4 set.

2set t9 is worth around 100spellpower according to spriest.com which sounds about right, worth less depending on how much haste you have, tipping point would be around 400 haste.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie