Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stats stacking in Cataclysm

So i heard they are gonna remove the extra stats like hit crit arp form gear and you will now get it from talents and from stacking str agi and such, correct me if im wrong.

Dosnt it feel kinda boring just to stack str agi for melee dps not needing to care to balance your crit hit arp and such?

And what about JC it will only be str agi sockets no more balancing and fine tuning you char for maximum performance...
    Kinda mindnumbing, or are they trying to make the game easyer then it allready is to lower age recomendation to 5 years + ?

Re: Stats stacking in Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by themorre
    or are they trying to make the game easyer then it allready is to lower age recomendation to 5 years + ?
    Looking at the official forums, this might be the case, so all these posters can legally play the game

tough to tell if gear will ONLY have the 5 attributes this early on. i think i read that their removing spirit from gear for mages too, so it would be VERY boring if all im gearing for is intellect. that would be terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Dareos
    Looking at the official forums, this might be the case, so all these posters can legally play the game
    LOL win

and yes blizzard is catering to the lowest denominator in an effort to grab all the cash they can for their next mmo

Not entirely true.

Mp5 is merged into Spirit.
    Sp is merged into INT.
    AP is merged into Str and Agil. (will give 2 or 3 ap for 1 agil/str)

Hit, crit, and haste will still be in your gear.

Armor pen removed (thank god), will be gained thru talents only. It's like if you put 51 points into combat you will get 10% armor pen.

much more stam on gear.

Melee gear will look like this:
    Stam
    Str/Agil
    Crit
    Haste
    Hit/expertise

Caster Gear:
    Stam
    Intel
    Crit
    Haste
    Hit/Spirit (dps/heals)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf
    Not entirely true.

Mp5 is merged into Spirit.
    Sp is merged into INT.
    AP is merged into Str and Agil. (will give 2 or 3 ap for 1 agil/str)

Armor pen removed (thank god), will be gained thru talents only. It's like if you put 51 points into combat you will get 10% armor pen.

much more stam on gear.

Melee gear will look like this:
    Stam
    Str/Agil
    Crit
    Haste
    Hit/expertise

Caster Gear:
    Stam
    Intel
    Crit
    Haste
    Hit/Spirit (dps/heals)

ok, not entierly bad then
    but wasnt spirit removed form say mage gear?

You forgot Mastery from that list of stats on gear. Your talent tree choice decides which stat Mastery will improve and then the Mastery on gear will improve this stat further.

Quote Originally Posted by themorre
    ok, not entierly bad then
    but wasnt spirit removed form say mage gear?

Ya, it'll be gone. So instead of making it an inferior DPS stat, DPS casters won't have to deal with it.

personnaly i think this is the biggest mistake blizz has ever made correct me if im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar899
    personnaly i think this is the biggest mistake blizz has ever made correct me if im wrong
    Prob one of the better changes there making. Will make the distinction between caster dps and heals much simpler, and you won't have 2 mp5 healers and 2 spirit healers anymore. Plus melee classes don't have to worry at all about armor pen and if its really any good for your class.

It will become much easier to gem as well, but still leave options open for increasing crit/hit/haste/expertise. As well as dodge/parry.

Deleted

Blizzard is fixing the crap stat itemization that has been rampant since TBC by bringing back the Vanilla stats and putting everything else on Mastery. Now people have more choices of customization.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Not to mention that through the new Reforging option you will be able to turn some of the stats you don't really need (like stamina on a cloth piece for casters) into a more valuable stat like crit or haste. Go go customization!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf
    Actually... there won´t be any "Hit". They confirmed that Hit will disapear along with Defense since different classes get 3% 6% 9%.

A fine idea in my opinion
    Topic: Uh... How is healing fun... at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorn
    when s$%t hits the fan, tank thinks "crap we're gonna wipe", dps thinks "crap we're gonna wipe", healer says "no f$%#ing way am i letting us wipe"... heart starts pounding, palms get sweaty, and when you finally down him without wiping, you sit back, light up a smoke and think to yourself "yep, i did that"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grohnn
    a dps dies, raids goes: "meh is just a dps"
    a healer dies, raid goes: "OH SHIZ A HEALER DIED"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Warbec
    Actually... there won´t be any "Hit". They confirmed that Hit will disapear along with Defense since different classes get 3% 6% 9%.

The way I understood it is that hit will be removed from talents, not from gear.

Think that was for talents, they're removing the need to grab talents such as Careful Aim for Hunters, to allow them to grab more fun talents. Hit will more than likely still be on gear.

Where did they confirm this? I thought I missed nothing, checked again, couldn't find what you're saying. If you have a link of sorts, would be much appreciated.

I do personally think some changes were needed (armorpen, it WAS just way too confusing), as a caster (lock) I love the stamina changes, as crazy as it sounds, but I do, structurally having 10k less HP than other classes was getting on my nerves.

I just also am a bit afraid of gear becoming "boring". I actually loved spirit on my gear, loved to think about what stats I needed most and going for that, balancing out everything.

Gear looked complex, with loads of stats, Int, Spirit, Sta, Spellpower, and then any combination of Crit/Hit/Haste. In Cata this will be reduced to Sta, Intellect, and any combination of Crit/Haste and possibly Hit (would love if Warbeck could link me that). That being said, elemental shamans and moonkins will now gladly take cloth, and resto druids will continue to take cloth. Just as paladins will now be keen on cloth and leather.

I hope something changes about the armor proficiency, right now it's just a boring addition to your class that gives you a small edge on gear and this will only worsen in Cata.

Mp5 = spirit
    SP = int (along with mana)
    Agility now provides 2AP (for rogues, druids, shamans & hunters) in the same way strength does. AP will still be on class agnostic items such as rings and trinkets
    Hit removed from talents, you get all your hit from gear
    AP (armor penetration) gone (for good)
    Haste is gonna provide a faster regen rate of rage/energy/runes/focus (they are gonna work something out for retadins and ench shammys)
    Defense goes away and anti crit talents will be put into the tank trees so you get your anti crit that way (Survival of the Fittest)
    Block value goes away too and a block migates a % of the damage
    Mastery makes you better at what you want to do (e.g. you go holy tree, you heal better, you go prot tree, you tank better etc.)
    More Stamina for everyone.

I think thats everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque
    Where did they confirm this? I thought I missed nothing, checked again, couldn't find what you're saying. If you have a link of sorts, would be much appreciated.

I do personally think some changes were needed (armorpen, it WAS just way too confusing), as a caster (lock) I love the stamina changes, as crazy as it sounds, but I do, structurally having 10k less HP than other classes was getting on my nerves.

I just also am a bit afraid of gear becoming "boring". I actually loved spirit on my gear, loved to think about what stats I needed most and going for that, balancing out everything.

Gear looked complex, with loads of stats, Int, Spirit, Sta, Spellpower, and then any combination of Crit/Hit/Haste. In Cata this will be reduced to Sta, Intellect, and any combination of Crit/Haste and possibly Hit (would love if Warbeck could link me that). That being said, elemental shamans and moonkins will now gladly take cloth, and resto druids will continue to take cloth. Just as paladins will now be keen on cloth and leather.

I hope something changes about the armor proficiency, right now it's just a boring addition to your class that gives you a small edge on gear and this will only worsen in Cata.
    They talk about removing hit from talents in the Q&A session for the class, items & profs panel. If you got the on demand, 5.30 onwards

Imo they can remove hit from tallents.. its boring and its a must.. as a Fire mage you had to spec into frost to get 3% hit on all spells.. it could not be any hit at all.. im sick of getting new gear, with hit, and be overcapped.. Tho this is where the customisation is comming in to play. But i like the way they will remove spirit from my gear (mage) cuz it felt like the most uninportant stat. and i would rather have haste hit or crit. (tho they made us need spirit just a little with a patch not long ago).

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I LOVE blizzards new changes in regard to stats.

This finally means we aren't going to be pigeonholed again into 1 spec etc. You can now FINALLY choose your own path and still do good (i hope)

Bring back Sacred / Diablo 2 customization things!

I loved those.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~