Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Tanking 5-man heroics for Badges of Triumph

warriror tanking is all about zen...i mastered aoe tanking back those day in hellfire citadelle in blues without shockwave and the 3256834 miles taunt (and if you can handle 6-7 mobs at the same time you are fine with single threat) i am a clicker btw ....if you have what it takes then you fine if you dont keep playing dps and save peoples time.

Actually i started a dk tank and i must say thats autoaggro from that moment on you enter an instance.....very smooth and easy time tanking...warriors still need a bunch of skill to perform well (as tanks and dps)!

my 2 cents.......as soon catalysm hits i hopefully can roll a goblin tank since i lost my warriror through bad circumstances

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    good tanks are able to handle a good dps threat unless a unlucky chain of parry
    Nah, hes right, a good tank will handle a good DPS, AoE or not but at least for me, it's if you pull it, you tank it. If DPS starts pulling, I'll just whisper the healer not to heal, let them pull, die and it's usually fine for the rest of the instance.

15+ Year Old Account

I have a prot paladin, feral druid and warrior (and I've had a DK which I sold). All tank specced. And warriors have it hardest when it comes to aoe tanking. I'm not having so many issues now as before, since new gear gives lots of strength so I have better aoe tps.
    But druid is seriously easymode Swipe spam ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    Nah, hes right, a good tank will handle a good DPS, AoE or not but at least for me, it's if you pull it, you tank it. If DPS starts pulling, I'll just whisper the healer not to heal, let them pull, die and it's usually fine for the rest of the instance.
    if they pull before me i let them get the chunk and die, if they overaggro after i picked i blame myself
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    if they pull before me i let them get the chunk and die, if they overaggro after i picked i blame myself
    me two ^__^

I do that because i learned "pull before the tank"-people will continue to do it all the time if you dont stop them. And as long as they survive, they will continue. So instead of telling them not to do it, i tell my healer not to heal him. After he blames the healer, discussion starts and ends at the same time.

Educated another grown man, lol xD
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

I dislike it when healers and tanks switch to their dps spec and do really crap dps cause they don't have very good gear...

My main is a shadow priest, and I have recently started off healing the daily heroic to get my EoT...
    My main alt is a fury warrior and I have recently started off tanking the daily heroic to get my EoT, it is easy and I don't have any real problems with threat, I decided to collect a fair bit of gear before I started tanking.
    Priest - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Yarmi
    Warrior - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Clo%C3%BAd

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterian
    Will try to make this not much of a flamefest as possible, but I can see if some people will percieve it as that. Please dont, I am just wondering of the influx of what seems to be bad warrior tanks in the game today.

With the new Triumph badge grind I have begun running the 5 man daily heroics, boring as it may be. I try to grab a guild tank, but when not possible I pug them, which is in general not a problem on my server as it has a great deal of wellgeared ppl.(EU-Silvermoon)

I have however noticed the extreme difference in tanks, especifically warrior tanks. I would go as far as say that 50 % of the warriortanks in PuG's are really bad, I mean truly bad in regards of tps. So my initial thought was that -Ok, warrior tanks are probably struggling at the moment. But then again, when you run with one of the tanks from your friendslist, or a guildtank, they do not have that problem. Their tps is just fine

I check the speccs, and most if not all are running 15/5/51, both the good and the bad ones. So I ruled that out.

So my question is, is this a trend the warriorcommunity has noticed ? Is there an influx of bad warriors in the game lately ? I talk to the guild tanks and they say that they feel the mechanics have been simplified if anything, especially in comparison with TBC mechanics.
    Of the 4 tanking classes, Warriors are the hardest to be good at. So it's no wonder that most pug tanks are failtastic. This is coming from someone that has a tank main and 3 tank alts. :P
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Do you mean the tps on bosses, or trash?
    Trash can be troublesome if the tanks aren't glyphed for 'AoE' tanking, especially if the group set-up likes to be AoE heavy.

Though, its possible more frustrating for people like me, when you have a protection warrior, holy paladin & then a warlock, and get annoyed by thinking that you could do EVERYONES job in the group better than they're doing it

Back to the point though, it can depend on glyphs sometimes, but a lot of people end up going protection for groups at 80 after levelling in Arms or Fury and end up having no clue what Revenge does.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumez
    warriror tanking is all about Xen...
    Fixt <3