Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Shadowmourne, Cataclysm Beta, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    Why people are either happy, or cry, for a legendary item?.

You won't have it, get it in your head, unless you are the leader of a big guild, or an officer if the leader can't equip it. Unless you suck VERY well irl.
    this.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    "Melee"
    Hand of Rag
    TF
    Glaives
    New Axe

"Ranged"
    Atiesh
    Thoridal
    Val'nyr

So... 4 to 3 with caster dps next on the list.

Sounds super imbalanced to me.
    lol, *CASTER dps*

lolololol
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

10+ Year Old Account

who's taking bets that the axe is

180str
    190stam

100haste
    100expertise

^ if they ruin this axe with haste there will be major QQ about it especialy from arms warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    "Ranged"
    Atiesh
    Thoridal
    Val'nyr

So... 4 to 3 with caster dps next on the list.

Sounds super imbalanced to me.
    Wow...healers are considered ranged? and atiesh/thoridal had the lowest distribution of any legendary by FAR since they were required the hardest and final bosses of their respective eras, and RIGHT before expansion both times.

Can the casters stop fucking cry already? They said the first legendary in Cataclysm will be for DPS casters.
    Not like you'll ever loot one anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Since my post count is rougly 10x yours I'll give you a big STFU because I'm obviously your superior

Quote Originally Posted by Exavior
    mate. lichking destroyed pvp and pve and loot and raidpicking all because of one fact

melee is FARRR superior to caster.. As a warlock I always have to outroll 7 other classes on items. 70% of all lichking drops is plate. PVP is nonsense because of lichking and people prefer melee people in group then casters.
    PLATE CLASSES DON'T HAVE COMPETITION ON GEAR EITHER GUYS LOLOLOL. Shut the fuck up.

Warlocks have competition against Mages, Shadow Priests, other Warlocks, and on some pieces (not all) against Elemental Shamans, and in some cases Boomkins.

Plate wearers have competition against Warriors, Death Knights, Ret Paladins, and sometimes against Hunters and Rogues on Weapons (Depending on Class/Spec).

Cloth DPS and Plate DPS both have equal amounts of classes to compete against on gear. As you can see both Cloth and Plate DPS both have 3 races they will be guaranteed to roll against and two exceptions (IE classes that can benefit from the same proficiency but don't prioritize it.)

Where the fuck did you come out of the blue saying you had 7 different classes to compete against gear on? There's only 3 cloth wearing classes, did you fucking smoke a bowl before you posted?

And where the fuck did you pull out that bullshit where 70% of Wraths drops are plate LOL? Way to make up a random number off the top of your head. Gear proficiency is spread out pretty well. Most bosses drop 1 piece of gear for each spec on 25's. Show me a boss where 18 of the 25 drops are Plate DPS. Fucking retard.

I still can't believe you said you have to roll against 7 different classes. It's almost unfathomable to imagine how retarded you are. Assuming you're not rolling against plate wearers that means you're rolling against other Warlocks, all specs of Priests (Healing gear and DPS gear have different itemizing FYI,) Mages, Shamans, Hunters, Rogues and Druids. Yeah. All those hunters need spirit so they have to go into Aspect of the Viper less often. Oh and those Bandage specced rogues, FUCK YES.

And how the fuck did Wrath destroy PvP loot distribution? You get the gear on your own through grinding honor. You don't have competition for PvP gear unless you're talking about Vault, which isn't required to get a full set of PvP gear, so if you wanted you'd never have to compete against others for a set of PvP gear. And the loot out of Vault is random, you're probably whining because you've had bad luck with random loot. But from the look of your post it seems that you don't deserve the loot to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Khahla
    Sure, it was a joke but why would it even be funny when melee are complete lootwhores when it comes to legendary weapons? Everything really is a melee weapon.
    Just because "everything is a melee weapon" doesn't mean melee will use it. Have you seen a Shard of Val'anyr ever go to a melee oriented class to be seriously used as an upgrade? No, because it's not itemized for Melee DPS. Your arguement is completely irrelevant. Yes, melee have gotten their fair share of legendaries, but your arguement is flawed. Just because melee can learn the item proficiency it doesn't make it a melee weapon.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Rogue
    Daggers
    We drop daggers in raids. The only people who are super interested in them are Assassination rogues, but they have fallen behind Combat. We might boost Assassination without buffing its burst. Probably not through a new talent. (Source)
    Makes the HfB an ability that could be purged or "cured", then the rogue would lost his mind standing on the ground doing nothing, it prevents HfB being used in PvP..
    So? It's time to buff HfB to increase damage done by 50%!

I really love this "I-W1N" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Khahla
    Wow...healers are considered ranged? and atiesh/thoridal had the lowest distribution of any legendary by FAR since they were required the hardest and final bosses of their respective eras, and RIGHT before expansion both times.
    Val'anyr is right before Cataclysm? Wha? You do know that Ulduar is the 2nd of four raids released in Wrath, and the 3rd tier of the expansion is freshly released, and the 4th is still in developement. Cataclysm is also still in developement, and we'll still have a few months before we see Icecrown, and then we'll have a waiting period before Cataclysm. So Val'anyr is definitely not released RIGHT BEFORE EXPANSION TIME ZOMGWTFBBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991
    who's taking bets that the axe is

180str
    190stam

100haste
    100expertise

^ if they ruin this axe with haste there will be major QQ about it especialy from arms warriors
    They won't QQ because it will have an absurd amount of DPS and top end damage. That's all any melee cares about on a melee weapon. Why do you think you see warriors running around with weapons like Betrayer (Pre Ulduar) and Rune Edge? Shit, they could have made this a weapon itemized for Hunters with agility and attack power but slapped on 312 DPS and I don't think you'd see any melee bitch about it.

so this is a legnedary axe does that make it unique?

if not warriors would have fun with titans grip and 2 of these... lol.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

15+ Year Old Account

Shadownourne is so ugly, but orange just matters!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlywish
    Great!! This will be the 5th Legendary that melee can wear...

1) [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]: Warriors and Rogues
    2) [Warglaive of Azzinoth]: Warriors and Rogues
    3) [Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury]: Hunters, Rogues, Warriors (basicly everyone who can learn the bow skill)
    4) [Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian] : Staff from Naxx40 this was both for ranged as for healers
    5) [Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings]: One-handed mace wielded by priests, druids, paladins and shaman
    6) [Shadowmourne]: 2h axe for Warriors, DK's and Paladins
    7) [Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros]: 2h MELEE mace (probably any class who can use 2h maces could wear this)

Just a comment on Thunderfury, it was usable by hunters too. Not just usable, but it was the biggest dps increase of ANY class that can use it.

I still think they should give Draenei's a new Class. Some of the class/race additions need looked at, and the racials.

Bleh, I hope it won't be Kodos and Elekks, the retard mounts of WoW that so very few use.

They both have horrible animations, Kodos are just sped up walking, not a gallop as it should be, which after prying a crowbar under their asses Blizz managed with mammoths.

Elekk's animations? Jesus, their stubby little feet and the way they move, when I see them all I can think of is Yakety sax with Kodo partners, with their sped up weird legs going wild.

Racials will be updated, Blizz already said so.

caster dps stop qqing ur never gunna get the legendaries anyway unless you are top 10 in your server. And dont say 'oh well it gives me sumthing to aspire to qq' - grow a set its just an orange frame around a weapon that sometimes arent even BiS e.g val has not been overtaken by TOC stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle
    I still think they should give Draenei's a new Class. Some of the class/race additions need looked at, and the racials.
    What would they give them? The only classes left are warlocks and druids. Warlocks are out of the question since the Draenei fled from their demonic eredar cousins and a draenei druid? C'mon, a troll druid would be more believable than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hips
    Val'anyr is right before Cataclysm? Wha? You do know that Ulduar is the 2nd of four raids released in Wrath, and the 3rd tier of the expansion is freshly released, and the 4th is still in developement. Cataclysm is also still in developement, and we'll still have a few months before we see Icecrown, and then we'll have a waiting period before Cataclysm. So Val'anyr is definitely not released RIGHT BEFORE EXPANSION TIME ZOMGWTFBBQ.
    Reread what you quoted, I said atiesh and thoridal were right before expansions. Valanyr is a healer weapon and has nothing to do with caster dps.

Oh my, no beta. I'm not even gonna ask how people are stupid enough to fall for it ...

If you actaully saw the stream or was there, you'd know that hunter thing was a joke, atleast you SHOULD, unless youre some sort of special ed :P
    Don't Fwoosh me.