Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Speculating] Talent Changes for 4.0 Ret paladin tree.

Somewhere I heard that they were removing all the % Dmg increases on all specs and talents to make them more "fun".

But... If that's true, are we getting ANOTHER remake considering that about 70% of our Ret paladin Tree is a increase of % Dmg?

Dear god... First it was the CS in TBC, then it was the WOTLK remake, and now ANOTHER remake in Cataclysm?

Re: [Speculating] Talent Changes for 4.0 Ret paladin tree.

You get passive bonuses from spending points in ret now, I'm not on 100% sure on this but on the Blizzcon Stream, it showed a Retribution Paladin with a passive +72% melee damage, 10% crit and some other talent...so in regards to that it shouldn't be an issue, in fact, (I'm not a paladin though) but I am very excited to be removing all these talents, it gives many more options, including a lot funner ones as they said.

Aye, saw that with the mastery too, Lesser Cooldown Time on most of the things.

Still concerned though considering what talents they can replace without screwing us up. >.<

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vordox
    Aye, saw that with the mastery too, Lesser Cooldown Time on most of the things.

Still concerned though considering what talents they can replace without screwing us up. >.<
    Things like Conviction, Crusade, and 2-Handed Weapon Specialization will be cut out; Things like Sanctity of Battle, Art of War, and Vengeance will stay.

They're going to have to replace all the talents they take away with something. Hopefully they'll add a lot of new utility talents, but knowing Blizzard they'll probably just do something like making the talents they leave require more points for the same effect. For example, Art of War could end up requiring 4 or 5 points instead of 2 for the full effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    They're going to have to replace all the talents they take away with something. Hopefully they'll add a lot of new utility talents, but knowing Blizzard they'll probably just do something like making the talents they leave require more points for the same effect. For example, Art of War could end up requiring 4 or 5 points instead of 2 for the full effect.
    That, or you only gain a Talent point on every other level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    That, or you only gain a Talent point on every other level.
    Wouldn't bother me, I already have 71 talent points. Now if they go and take some of those away I might be a little angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

The won't take away talents Instead we'll have 5 more of them

Things like Conviction, Crusade, and 2-Handed Weapon Specialization will be cut out; Things like Sanctity of Battle, Art of War, and Vengeance will stay.
    The "pure %" will be removed, I know that, but to what extent? And what would they be replaced with? That's the mind boggling question that I can't just get out from my head. >.<
    Is "Swift Retribution" also not a Pure % increase on all raid? The other talents that has a "duo" increase will be left alone, but that's ONLY a maybe after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grozz
    The won't take away talents Instead we'll have 5 more of them
    But didn't they already removed those 1 patch ago? -.-

eee .. no ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grozz
    eee .. no ?
    thought you meant the Rank 1-2-3-5 Talent ranks. :P

15+ Year Old Account

The "pure %" will be removed, I know that, but to what extent? And what would they be replaced with? That's the mind boggling question that I can't just get out from my head. >.<
    Is "Swift Retribution" also not a Pure % increase on all raid? The other talents that has a "duo" increase will be left alone, but that's ONLY a maybe after all.

I would still like to see Swift Retribution reduce the cooldown on Exorcism and Repentance by 11/22/33%, in addition to its current effect.

10+ Year Old Account

I would still like to see Swift Retribution reduce the cooldown on Exorcism and Repentance by 11/22/33%, in addition to its current effect.
    I second that, I'd also love it if repentance added some small snare effect if it breaks early. I mean come on +15% run speed and hand of freedom don't do crap for you if you get feared, sheeped, frozen or whatever. If ret is ever going to be truly viable in arena it will need some sort of offensive utility on a short cooldown, weather that is a gap closer or a small snare doesn't matter it just needs one or the other because defensive utility = crap if you cant stay on a target long enough to do any serious damage.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

You do know there's a big QQ fest about Paladins Exorcism being really overpowered on most forums. Doing that would just piss them off more. But I kinda like the idea about Repentance, it's been pretty unchanged(except once for the 10 sec Duration Buff/Hotnerf). It needs to be updated. Badly. =/

10+ Year Old Account

You do know there's a big QQ fest about Paladins Exorcism being really overpowered on most forums. Doing that would just piss them off more. But I kinda like the idea about Repentance, it's been pretty unchanged(except once for the 10 sec Duration Buff/Hotnerf). It needs to be updated. Badly. =/
    The cool down on exorcism more than makes up for how hard it hits, And in arena where an opponent has over 700-800 resilience it doesn't hit hard anyway. The people complaining are at the very bottom of arena & in bg's who have no resilience gear. If blizz listens to them they are proving that they care more about the qq of casuals then they do about game balance. At the moment ret while it has great survivability is still screwed when fighting a warlock, mage, disc priest, hunter or any healer who knows wtf there doing because our burst is so low that when we can stay on them we cannot apply enough pressure to kill them like a warrior, rouge or a few of the other classes can. While this sucks I agree with it we don't need to top the burst meters because we are a utility class, the problem is all of our on demand utility is defensive & this = out to crap when you cant stay on the ranged classes who can cc. IN the end all we really need is some form of real gap closer or ranged snare (adding 20-25%a snare effect onto exorcism would be nice)
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

I'm confused.

There's a ranged ability that can only be cast instantly with a proc, every 15 seconds, that we must choose OVER a heal in the same situation.

Then we have an ability that hits harder, has a 10 second cooldown, is a 4 target AoE AND has a healing component... and they're whining about Exorcism? I'm gonna need some more convincing on that one, chief, I'm pretty sure you're just making that up.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    I'm confused.

There's a ranged ability that can only be cast instantly with a proc, every 15 seconds, that we must choose OVER a heal in the same situation.

Then we have an ability that hits harder, has a 10 second cooldown, is a 4 target AoE AND has a healing component... and they're whining about Exorcism? I'm gonna need some more convincing on that one, chief, I'm pretty sure you're just making that up.
    Official WoW Forums(Think it was PvP forums.) Where there was a few pages about it(This is both from when Exorcism worked on players, then changed, and back to now again.)

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    I second that, I'd also love it if repentance added some small snare effect if it breaks early. I mean come on +15% run speed and hand of freedom don't do crap for you if you get feared, sheeped, frozen or whatever. If ret is ever going to be truly viable in arena it will need some sort of offensive utility on a short cooldown, weather that is a gap closer or a small snare doesn't matter it just needs one or the other because defensive utility = crap if you cant stay on a target long enough to do any serious damage.
    ...Ret Pallies are the new Warriors from Pre-BC, sure you can't stay on target really easily, but once your there (even if for only 2 GCDs) You do insane burst, Divine Storm, Judgement, Crusader Strike. If pallies had a gap closer, every caster/healer in the game would be instantly GG'd, not to mention the fact that you're already beating out almost every melee class...

Sigh, why is it that even a promising ret thread with a genuine good topic can not even make it one page before someone whines that they can't solo a healer?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Sigh, why is it that even a promising ret thread with a genuine good topic can not even make it one page before someone whines that they can't solo a healer?
    /thread