Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: *Restoration Shaman FAQ (3.3)*

why is this not a sticky, great read

Deleted

Deleted

I did some testing around a month ago and they still stacked. I am pretty sure they aren't meant to but haho.

I dont like the new way shaman faq's are sorted now. "The one sticky for them all" is very so so solution. It does not readily let you see if there are new posts in the thread. It also takes more clicks to get to them as well. 3 extra stickies wont kill the forums with nothing else but "Usefull threads compilation" type of sticky and the forums rules.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Baron01
    I dont like the new way shaman faq's are sorted now. "The one sticky for them all" is very so so solution. It does not readily let you see if there are new posts in the thread. It also takes more clicks to get to them as well. 3 extra stickies wont kill the forums with nothing else but "Usefull threads compilation" type of sticky and the forums rules.
    The shaman forum had way to many stickies. Its around 4 max. It was taking up half of the page
    This was just to make the forum look less cluttered. But I understand how it might be harder to see if new posts have been made.

15+ Year Old Account

I'd like to add to the part about mp5, you write it's an important stat which even to me is missleading.
    Even at lower gear you really don't need much mp5 to sustain your healing output, and with the low brain capacity of many players I'm afraid they will take this part to serious and go 250+ (in combat without water shield) which there are absolutely no need for.
    Perhaps editing this part into a more customized and detailed section would be nice for the ones without much knowledge of the class?

I'd also like to add that suggesting Pandora's Plea as a mana return trinket is a bad idea as that is not the purpose of the trinket and also doesnt serve the purpose of the text. It's not a return, it's a steady extra mana boost, again from intellect which is not something we want. Purified Lunar Dust, Jet'ze's Bell, Solace of the Defeated/Fallen x1-2, Sif's Remembrance and so on are the correct ones.

Besides this, it looks better now than it has before, nice work.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    I'd like to add to the part about mp5, you write it's an important stat which even to me is missleading.
    Even at lower gear you really don't need much mp5 to sustain your healing output, and with the low brain capacity of many players I'm afraid they will take this part to serious and go 250+ (in combat without water shield) which there are absolutely no need for.
    Perhaps editing this part into a more customized and detailed section would be nice for the ones without much knowledge of the class?

I'd also like to add that suggesting Pandora's Plea as a mana return trinket is a bad idea as that is not the purpose of the trinket and also doesnt serve the purpose of the text. It's not a return, it's a steady extra mana boost, again from intellect which is not something we want. Purified Lunar Dust, Jet'ze's Bell, Solace of the Defeated/Fallen x1-2, Sif's Remembrance and so on are the correct ones.

To be honest I just added trinkets back from when I orginally wrote this (start of toc I beileve). I also havn't changed the mp5 section since then so i'll look into that. Cheers for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel

MP5 is still extremely important. Think of it like hit rating for DPS, you want to be around a target number without going too far over. That number largely depends on what trinkets you have too.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah sure, if you are running around with pure spellpower or intellect trinkets you are shooting yourself in the foot.
    If you actually spend your badges and money correct to get 2 trinkets with the right equip mp5 is not important, it is not an important stat, it's a stat that's there on almost every gear part and you can't avoid it, but you can easily keep a steady 225 mp5 while even being new to the class and spec, people that go for mp5 trinkets because they've been told it's really important is however a waste.

I am curious to know the collective opinion of Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond (+11mp5 and 3% increased critical healing effect) as a mana regen/throughput option over the Insightful Earthsiege Diamond. Especially with using Chain Heal a good amount, it seems this might give a little more ooomph while still providing a bit of mana regen. Any opinions out there on this?

Thanks!

its hands down better at any gear level

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzung
    I am curious to know the collective opinion of Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond (+11mp5 and 3% increased critical healing effect) as a mana regen/throughput option over the Insightful Earthsiege Diamond. Especially with using Chain Heal a good amount, it seems this might give a little more ooomph while still providing a bit of mana regen. Any opinions out there on this?

Thanks!
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    its hands down better at any gear level
    I would disagree. At lower gear levels when going oom you are going to need the mana return gem.
    But if you are never going oom then totally get it (I finally got my second solace and will be switching to this soon as well).

Ok, I need some advise on what to spend my badges on for my shammy. Here is my armoury:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tus&cn=Jenster

I have healed the first few bosses of ICC, the rest VoA 10/25 TotC10/25 and 10 man heroic. I have also healed Algalon with not much trouble. I mainly tank heal in 10man when required though I do a bit of both in 25man pugs depending on the setup. I am hoping to reroll to shammy healing in Cata (my main is a lock) but for now I probably won't heal many hard modes unless absolutely required.

My mana seems ok, I never run out in heroics or most 10/25 mans. I don't need to use mana tide on every fight, sometimes I do, sometimes I run out of mana very quick. Alot depends on the fight, but I feel my mana regen is fairly strong and I can keep it together on most fights. On Toravon 10man with just me and a resto druid, I ran out of mana at about 10% with average dps, as a general guide.

I am wondering whether it's worth replacing my http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48019 with either http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50358 for 60 badges (I have 64 to spend), or to spend my ever lasting triumph badges on http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724. I am also trying to get the Solace from ToC25 but no luck so far. I am not sure I want to spend 60 badges then win it the day after.

I could also go for the cloak, or the EoF totem which seems stronger than my chain heal totem as I do find I tank heal more than raid heal. It seems like a nice solid SP boost.

I'm just a bit unsure what direction to take with my gear. I'm trying to maintain my T9 bonus with my T10 to maximise tank healing, though I have had to revert back to 232 T9 to keep the bonus dropping some haste in the process. Is it worth dropping the bonus for better off pieces?

Thanks in advance.

Deleted

Good set of questions.
    Totally worth getting that trinket, even if you get the solace both of those trinkets are worth better then what you currently have.
    Also if you spend the majority of the time tank healing you will want the frost badge riptide totem (im assuming when you are tank healing its rare that you will be chain healing often). You will want to pirotise this over everything else if you rarely use chain heal.
    Don't bother with the cloak, the one from saurfang 10m is alot better.
    It is worth losing the t9 bonus if you get decent upgrades for both slots. The crafted legs would be a huge upgrade (on the crafted note, the boots would be good for you as well).

So right now get the totem/trinket then work to replace the t9, the bonus is nice but the small amount of stats you get from 232 compared to icc gear wont be worth it.

Thanks alot for the quick reply .

Yea I was thinking the trinket first, then the totem. Great. I do actually have some legs from ToC25 from perhaps Jaraxxus or faction champs with haste/mp5 (cant remember the name) I did originally have the gloves and chest T9 but as I won the sanctified gloves from VoA today I have had to replace those legs back with the 232 crit/mp5 T9 legs to maintain the bonuses. I am working towards the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49891 at the moment, as my lock can craft them. I would think those with the Gunship helm i have should do nicely for offpieces (though I would have to still use my T9 chest as I have nothing better).

I do use chain heal, though it depends what I'm doing whether its 10 or 25man. I mainly raid 10man or will potentially raid 10man mostly anyway. So i do need to be fairly versatile in my gearing.

Thanks again.

10+ Year Old Account

get all of it :P
    then mix and match as the fight/your healing role sees fit.

i dont get why people drop chain heal when tank healing. wether in 10 or 25, its very unlikely that the raid will have no melee.
    CH makes your next 2 healing waves 30% quicker (assuming you're going to HW) which brings it to almost the same cast time of LHW with an extra 20% healing done by it. (plus your 3/3 Healing Way )

Yea, I do use chain heal. Quite often if there are three healers in 10man I'll often be the 'in between' which is why i need to be versatile. Even as main tank healer if i get a spare second i will throw a chain heal to help out raid healing, I use chain heal a huge amount in 25man especially on fights in toc25 like the twins.

I'll go for whatever I can then swap and change as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearroc
    Good set of questions.
    Totally worth getting that trinket, even if you get the solace both of those trinkets are worth better then what you currently have.
    Also if you spend the majority of the time tank healing you will want the frost badge riptide totem (im assuming when you are tank healing its rare that you will be chain healing often). You will want to pirotise this over everything else if you rarely use chain heal.
    Don't bother with the cloak, the one from saurfang 10m is alot better.
    It is worth losing the t9 bonus if you get decent upgrades for both slots. The crafted legs would be a huge upgrade (on the crafted note, the boots would be good for you as well).

So right now get the totem/trinket then work to replace the t9, the bonus is nice but the small amount of stats you get from 232 compared to icc gear wont be worth it.
    I assume you mean the cloak from 10man Princes? Saurfang 10 doesn't drop a cloak and Saurfang 25 does drop a cloak but it has 60 spirit on it, so it's not ideal for us anyways. Personally I'd go with the Lightning infused leggings - you only gain 8 haste from wearing the cloth, and the mail legs look better :P i dunno 8 haste or 8 crit it's a toss up either way.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Steakums
    I assume you mean the cloak from 10man Princes? Saurfang 10 doesn't drop a cloak and Saurfang 25 does drop a cloak but it has 60 spirit on it, so it's not ideal for us anyways. Personally I'd go with the Lightning infused leggings - you only gain 8 haste from wearing the cloth, and the mail legs look better :P i dunno 8 haste or 8 crit it's a toss up either way.
    Opps, yeh I meant princes ><

Your pre-raid list says Helm of Spirit Shock is the best but wouldn't http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47686 be the better option?