Quote Originally Posted by Nergo View Post
    First off gz on Hc nef, second I hate you and your archy luck. Last but not least I assume you know u are below the hit cap ?
    im not, my racial doesnt show up
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    im not, my racial doesnt show up
    My apologies, I always forget Heroic presence. Lucky alliance!

Please rate need some feed back, Looking at getting my first piece of tier any suggestions based on what i have. I know you have to manually put in my armory link so sorry about that working on my posts:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/windrunner/naralist/simple

wow/en/character/warsong/zzik/simple
    Please rate me, and give me tips and suggestions.
    Thanks

Armory link in sig, waiting on bracers from Omnotron and i'm about ready to buy tier legs as Argaloth hates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    The socket bonus needs to be +20 str. If it's 10 Strength you are better off socketing pure Strength and ignoring the socket bonus.

Based on current 359 EP Values

• 10 Str = 22.70
    • 10 Hit = 17.40
    • 10 Exp = 13.40
    • 10 Mastery = 10.10
    • 10 Crit = 9.6
    • 10 Haste = 8.0

As you can see the only stat worth a socket is pure Strength. If the socket has a +20 Str socket bonus then you can probably safely match it. Any other stat matching the socket bonus would require +30 or greater.

Tier Chest has 2 Sockets 1 Red and 1 Blue with a 20 Socket bonus overall end up with the 80 Str and +20 free hit making the blue socket worth it. Nothing worth socketing into for a 10 str bonus that I can find.
    You have a piece with 1 blue socket und +10 Str as socket bonus. Lets see:

1) You use a 40 str gem, gaining 4 x 22,70 = 90,80
    2) You use a 20 str + 20 hit purple gem + 10 str from socket bonus, gaining 3 * 22,70 + 2 * 17,40 = 102,9

Seems the 2nd option is better ;-)
    I think it´s save to say that you can always use purple gems if the socket bonus ist +10 str.
    This can change if epic gems are introduced.

Anyway, here is my Char (racial not showing up, I´m at 8,00% hit):
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...%C3%B8n/simple

Since I´m over Exp cap I reforged Exp instead Haste into Mastery from my helm and I´m stuck at 28 Exp (with SoT glyph).
    Don´t know if it would be better to reforge the Haste into Mastery instead the Exp, this way I would gain 0,3 Mastery, but I´m at 30 Exp =(
    Last edited by Crush84; 2011-03-21 at 01:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush84 View Post
    You have a piece with 1 blue socket und +10 Str as socket bonus. Lets see:

1) You use a 40 str gem, gaining 4 x 22,70 = 90,80
    2) You use a 20 str + 20 hit purple gem + 10 str from socket bonus, gaining 3 * 22,70 + 2 * 17,40 = 102,9

Seems the 2nd option is better ;-)
    I think it´s save to say that you can always use purple gems if the socket bonus ist +10 str.
    This can change if epic gems are introduced.

Anyway, here is my Char (racial not showing up, I´m at 8,00% hit):
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/kelthuzad/Deamøn/

Since I´m over Exp cap I reforged Exp instead Haste into Mastery from my helm and I´m stuck at 28 Exp (with SoT glyph).
    Don´t know if it would be better to reforge the Haste into Mastery instead the Exp, this way I would gain 0,3 Mastery, but I´m at 30 Exp =(
    The bold only applies if you are @ 8% hit on the dot if you are over the cap you are still better off socketing str wasted stats don't count. So sure situationally there might be a time when you would gain more out of a blue if you make use of the 20 hit it's a case by case scenario and you won't know until you reforge gear to see if you can make use of the 20 hit.
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-03-21 at 01:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Well it says i have to post a few times before i can put up links so ill just say Requital is right. Its a case by case basis. I currently have 1 purp in my hand slot just to get the 20 hit rating, just to beable to be at 8.00 hit. But i get mastery where ever i can off of reforgeing and stay away from haste... even though i wish haste was usefull to us... crits to chancy for my style anyway

I put the link in my sig

---------- Post added 2011-03-21 at 07:51 AM ----------

Well i cant post my link up here cuz im too new. But my char's name is Zeanalia on Emerald Dream US. Would REALLY appreciate some feed back as i feel my crit is too low for my gear.
    Last edited by Zeanalia; 2011-03-21 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erismaly View Post
    Armory link in sig, waiting on bracers from Omnotron and i'm about ready to buy tier legs as Argaloth hates me.
    wtf you're EXP capped without the glyph.. dude reforge all your expertice and stay at 16 and get the correct glyph.
    5% CS crit, 10% judgement glyph will NEVER be better than the extra stats you get.

What makes paladins think that almost 500rating you get from Expertice glyph more worth than 5% CS crit and/or 10% judgement glyph..
    500rating = almost 3 full mastery = 6.3% STATIC damage increase on TV, CS and DS I will never understand..
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2011-03-21 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No link above me >_>

As far as gemming for a singular blue socket for a +10 str bonus with str/hit gems, you really shouldn't 99% of the time since you can reforge for hit, you can't for strength. That's my take on it at least.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanalia View Post
    Well it says i have to post a few times before i can put up links so ill just say Requital is right. Its a case by case basis. I currently have 1 purp in my hand slot just to get the 20 hit rating, just to beable to be at 8.00 hit. But i get mastery where ever i can off of reforgeing and stay away from haste... even though i wish haste was usefull to us... crits to chancy for my style anyway

I put the link in my sig

---------- Post added 2011-03-21 at 07:51 AM ----------

Well i cant post my link up here cuz im too new. But my char's name is Zeanalia on Emerald Dream US. Would REALLY appreciate some feed back as i feel my crit is too low for my gear.
    I would strongly suggest getting t11 legs with your next 2200 valor since that will be a massive upgrade. As far as hit and exp you're right on target. Crit and such will come with more gear.
    PS. im right around your ilvl (353equipped retri OS) and got 21 mastery. Yes i might be far behind in crit but mastery is a stable dps upgrade and crit is a RNG and RNG tends to chew on people.

---------- Post added 2011-03-21 at 04:59 PM ----------

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gbear/advanced
    im fully aware of my blues and the majority of my sockets not being pure 40str. Trying to stay as close to a whole mastery point as i can before i get the massive EXP raid drops (OS retri)
    Apart from the tanking boots i got and the obvious blues + 20/20 gems what should i improve on, besides gear.
    PS. I'm a 10man raider and i went OS yesterday on Chim HC and stayed around 18-20k dps, assuming my priority "rotation" is correct is this sufficient with the gear i got?
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2011-03-21 at 04:00 PM.

-Huntingbear

Exactly what i plan to do. For us i know our hit% is always at 7.99 or 8.01 and i know its frustrating spending half an hour reforging after every new piece of gear. In your case since your an OS retri i would find some spare VP to get your relic out of the way. Easy to reforge and a nice even number to get that .01 out of the way. Other than that your dps sounds like it fits your gear and you know the other stuff you mentioned yourself. PS your toon is secksy

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanalia View Post
    -Huntingbear

Exactly what i plan to do. For us i know our hit% is always at 7.99 or 8.01 and i know its frustrating spending half an hour reforging after every new piece of gear. In your case since your an OS retri i would find some spare VP to get your relic out of the way. Easy to reforge and a nice even number to get that .01 out of the way. Other than that your dps sounds like it fits your gear and you know the other stuff you mentioned yourself. PS your toon is secksy
    Mewshroom tabard ftw thanks. oh and im getting the valor cloak/chest next depending on what tier drops from Cho'Gall or neff. most of our raiders have 4/5t11so we're starting to hand out OS tier drops, if i get lucky and get head ill get tier chest fast. If not Cloak is my priority.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2011-03-21 at 04:24 PM.

Anyone else have anything to add? Welcome to all advice and pointers.

Recently started playing on this character again, would love some advice.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...reníty/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Recently started playing on this character again, would love some advice.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...reníty/simple
    all I would change is hurricane to avalanche and the 2 gems in your pants to +40 strength. you could use str to bracers but thats a very expensive enchant for a blue item. Id also move the point out of acts of sacrifice to 2/2 efae. It all looks pretty good.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    Armory in my signature.

Aint lucky with Chimaeron. :/

Armory in my signature. =)

Deleted
    mhm.... looks great to me, much better then mine.
    but i would replace CS glyph with SOT glyph... but its more of a personal thing xD

amorylink?! down below : D

Quote Originally Posted by mellowqueen View Post
    mhm.... looks great to me, much better then mine.
    but i would replace CS glyph with SOT glyph... but its more of a personal thing xD

amorylink?! down below : D
    Hmm, you're in prot gear, so all I can really say is to switch Glyph of CS with Glyph of Exo since it scales better and somehow work Glyph of SoT in there. I think the rule of thumb is that if you're 6+ over the cap then it becomes useless. A free 300 rating of any green stat is great to have.

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eadin/advanced
    Last edited by Th3riser; 2011-03-22 at 10:59 AM.