Deleted

My Rogues gear/DPS discussion

Ok, ill start with this. If you want to tell me how much i suck, bla bla bla, and so on - just go away. I want a couple of questions answered, and apparently there are no rogues on my server, which can assist me, so im coming here.

For a start, this is my charecter:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...oldt&n=Archijs

Im no raider, just a casual wednesday night player, have a job and wont be joining a hardcore guild anytime soon, more like never. But I still want to get out of my gear as much as possible. So here it goes:

1) ArPen vs Agility. Ive heard that hunters and warriors are beeing awesome with ArPen, how is it with rogues. I have 177 passive now, have the grim toll. If i switch all my Agi Gems for ArPen, then i would get something around 450. So, is it worth doing that. If its a slight (like lets say 50) DPS increase, i guess that probably not;

2) Whats up with the Hit/expertise in the game. If im getting my t9(the middle one), i am at least a 100 hit over the cap and at least 10 over the expertise cap (36 instead of 26), and there are no cool items to get instead.

If i have touched the topic of t8.5vs t9 (middle one) - i should wait until i have 4pcs, then upgrade, right?

And finally, if i have my t9 - what rotation should i use - snd, then ev, or still include rupture in that?

Hope that i get some answers soon

best regards,
    Arthur

10+ Year Old Account

Re: My Rogues gear/DPS discussion

1) Armor pen is good when you have a lot of it, and is significantly more valuable to combat than it is to mut. If you're casual and not too worried about the numbers, gemming for agil is the simplest. If you get hold of a Grim Toll (drops in Naxx25, from one boss per wing), switch over to ArP gems and you'll notice your DPS increase since you'll be quite close to the ArP cap (~1220 without mace spec, can't remember the exact number).

2) T8/.5 set bonuses are vastly superior to the T9 bonuses. I will be sticking with my T8.5 4pb for a while yet. T8 is also much easier to get.

For a rotation:
    1. SS to 3 combo points
    2. Slice and Dice
    3. SS to 5 combo points
    4. Rupture
    5. SS to 5 combo points
    6. If Slice and Dice has less than 12 seconds left, refresh it and go to 3.
    7. If Slice and Dice has more than 12 seconds left, Eviscerate and go to 1.

In beginner's gear you should be doing very few Eviscerates. Rupture is the highest DPE finisher that a rogue has to offer, especially if you have the T8 4pb.

EDIT: I must be blind. You have a Grim Toll equipped. I would switch to ArP gems now in that case.
    EDIT2: After checking out your gear further, I refuse to believe you're a "casual Wednesday night player".
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Deleted

Well, i play on Wednesdays, but im dedicated Havent missed a raid...for erm..ever. But thanks for your answer, ill change all my gems and see what the result is, ill post it in a couple of days

Deleted

Ok, joined a somewhat ulu25 raid yesterday. was resetting recount before every boss, for instance after freya is available for killing and so on. Got something round 6.5-7k(ish), not bad. Going totc tommorow, see what can i do there on a single target DPS boss.

And i looked at the Paragon rogue, hes stacking arpen too, and has the gear which is a bit better then mine. So for now - i guess that ArPen is the way to go!

Arp doesnt beat Agi till you can softcap from gemming, which you obviously cant seeing that you have done it now, also they are nerfing Arp in the coming weeks thus requiring you to have even more Arp gear before making the switch. I would suggest following these threads http://elitistjerks.com/f78/.

Also glyphs are wrong, you can take the points out of exp and get some extra utility since your horrible over exp cap.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Durotan&n=Drspaceman