Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: So Scourge Strike vs. Obliterate?

Basicly for te UB mechanics it is the same as ignite

but you cant compare them because theirs will always be up because its based on when they crit

when the cast goes off you get the dot

the 2nd one increases the dot by adding the tick amount of the first dc to the 2nd

after 10 secs from the first dc the damage falls off and you are left with thw ticks from your 2nd

Dont believe me? Then over a 5 min fight where you cast ~30 DC why isnt UB ticking for 7k by the end? Imagine a longer fight if it worked that way...... 20k UB ticks???

From 3.2.0 patch notes:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=866

Death Knight

Unholy Blight: This talent has been redesigned. It no longer deals damage to nearby targets. Instead, when you deal damage with Death Coil, the target will take periodic damage for 10 seconds equal to 20% of the damage done by Death Coil. This damage accumulates in the same way as Ignite and Deep Wounds.

Yeah, I predicted they'd nerf Oblit/unholy through Dirge. The changes to SS managed to barely push it past Oblit. Blizz was trying to get away from major strike damage so they werent going to buff SS's dmg. Also, the SS glyph is pointless to pick up. Not as effective as GC would like to think. UB/DD/Ghoul will be the glyphs of choice. EJ has an ongoing discussion about the patch so check that out if you have any questions/doubts ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    From 3.2.0 patch notes:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=866

Death Knight

Unholy Blight: This talent has been redesigned. It no longer deals damage to nearby targets. Instead, when you deal damage with Death Coil, the target will take periodic damage for 10 seconds equal to 20% of the damage done by Death Coil. This damage accumulates in the same way as Ignite and Deep Wounds.
    i can assume that this is bugged because atm im pretty sure it does a new application of debuff unholy blight per application of death coil that is a re-calculation of the currrent deathcoil % and not the accumulation % of all dc's beforehand.
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by danoob
    Once ArPn is gone from the game (3.3 i guess) then UH will be back on the top of the dps specs.
    Last I read, ArP was just being removed from gear and added passively through the Mastery system. Can you provide a source that says it will be removed completely from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Oddeye
    Last I read, ArP was just being removed from gear and added passively through the Mastery system. Can you provide a source that says it will be removed completely from the game?
    Yes, from gear, but it is same as it will be gone complety for this problematic, because if you want passive arp, you probably have to go blood, where is obli/ss useless/impossible, so problem whith arp whith unholy will be gone