Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Mind Sear is so OP!

Quote Originally Posted by dollaa

And yes I do think we scale very well with gear, you just dont see it cause your crit is low and your hit is to damn high.
    Hey mister idiot. Half of our next tier gear is filled with haste which we don't scale well with...

This will be my last post just to piss off Deaths Dimise Cock blow more.

1. If you have a socket bonus that is greater than 4spell power that isnt a blue socket you should use a Sp Crit gem. If its a blue gem it has to be 9sp socket bonus for you to gem for the bonus.
    2. QQQQ
    3. Again you want to compete with Pure dps classes this will never happen, just re-roll if to compete with one of them.

And yes I do think we scale very well with gear, you just dont see it cause your crit is low and your hit is to damn high.
    All hail the great and powerful newbonic moronoic great one. Seriously dude, when even Blizzard says they think shadow priests aren't doing enough dps because they don't scale well enough with gear there is a problem. Blizzard is on record as saying this. Also, what you fail to realize is that crit < spell power greatly. You should ALWAYS gem for straight spell power. Crit should be gotten though gear. Crit is about HALF of spell power, so the only two gems that you have in your gear that aren't spell power should be the 2 blues you are using to activate your meta, and those should be placed in the places where you can get the best socket bonus.

You are beyond clueless. Oh, and being over the hit cap isn't hard at all with good gear, and the hit cap you are talking about is the SOFT cap. That soft cap doesn't really come into affect until the mob is debuffed, so being over the hit cap isn't a horrible thing. It just means you have a better chance of landing spells to get that debuff up quicker which is a very good thing.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Crusaders Coliseum got trash now?!?
    So you want to buff mind sear to be the top AoE for Anub'arak just so pure dps classes get it nerfed back to where it was for Icecrown? For a hybrid we do fine AoE, not the top (we shouldn't be at the top), not at the bottom (although classes are inevitably at the bottom, there will never be balance).

It's a move that requires spamming one button to channel the spell, as far as I'm concerned you get what you work for.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    I would love a class change right about now.
    worst idea ive ever seen, everyone make a dk at 55 , FACEROLL in 20min to 80 and then class change
    hahaha. no.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    worst idea ive ever seen, everyone make a dk at 55 , FACEROLL in 20min to 80 and then class change
    Says the ret pali.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

man fuck the police, im drunk as fuck

This will be my last post just to piss off Deaths Dimise Cock blow more.

1. If you have a socket bonus that is greater than 4spell power that isnt a blue socket you should use a Sp Crit gem. If its a blue gem it has to be 9sp socket bonus for you to gem for the bonus.
    2. QQQQ
    3. Again you want to compete with Pure dps classes this will never happen, just re-roll if to compete with one of them.

Would you mind giving me your definition of a Pure DPS class? Do you mean a class that has three DPS trees, and can't spec for another role?

Oh, hey, look. Death Knights, by that definition being Hybrid since they can both Tank and DPS, are several thousand DPS higher. Huh, paladins too. Shamans. Warriors.

Lets take a quick peek at the pretty pictures to keep your interest:

All those Hybrid Death Knights don't seem to be having a problem being competative with, and beating, pure DPS classes.

Huh, in this one even the other Hybrids with healing trees don't seem to be having an issue at least being competative with eachother, compared to the Priests.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Would you mind giving me your definition of a Pure DPS class? Do you mean a class that has three DPS trees, and can't spec for another role?

Oh, hey, look. Death Knights, by that definition being Hybrid since they can both Tank and DPS, are several thousand DPS higher. Huh, paladins too. Shamans. Warriors.

Lets take a quick peek at the pretty pictures to keep your interest:

All those Hybrid Death Knights don't seem to be having a problem being competative with, and beating, pure DPS classes.

Huh, in this one even the other Hybrids with healing trees don't seem to be having an issue at least being competative with eachother, compared to the Priests.

If you wouldn't mind, could you stop posting? You are really not adding anything other than mounting evidence that some people really are just too stupid to bother explaining things to.
    Stop the fucking presses, you mean classes that can aoe while doing single target damage are good at fights that have aoe and a single target...no...way

.... oh wait!

The only spell who actually ever would put us on top of the meters, now proving how bad shadowpriests scale with the game.

Why did they introduce Faction Change? I want a *Class Change* feature.
    Unless you have done Anub'arak then please stop talking. i have cleared it 25 man with my guild and anub is just not a shadow priest fight at all, we are always on adds and thats the only place where our dps is rly at. meele gets to dps the boss then aoe the adds which is why you will never see a caster on the top of the meters. When he submerges our dps is bad because our guilds raid dps is so high we never even have more than 2-3 of the none elite bugs up at a time, so mind seer is useless and all we can do is single target dps before they die 5 seconds later. But i do agree that shadow priest dps is low, just please be smart with how you complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Malediction
    Stop the fucking presses, you mean classes that can aoe while doing single target damage are good at fights that have aoe and a single target...no...way
    You don't see a teeny problem with doing lower than avergae damage in a situation with a lot of adds, and lower than average damage in single target fights?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

People that are OOOING and AHHHING about the dps of the paragon kill are fucking retarded. The top dps are rogues yes, but any fucking rogue can do 10-11k as combat when theres like 30230522 fucking adds aaround the boss, killjng spreee fan of knives, adrenaline riush, blade flurry FUCKING GG stop complaingin

I can see why you came onto the Priest forum to post this. Because this is clearly a thread asking for Rogues to be nerfed. Thank you, you have really added an extra dimension to todays discussion.

Unless you have done Anub'arak then please stop talking. i have cleared it 25 man with my guild and anub is just not a shadow priest fight at all, we are always on adds and thats the only place where our dps is rly at
    Too bad these are heroic parses.

No fight is a "shadow priest fight". Well, except for the AE flowers in Freya's room... and the trash leading to Mimiron.

No one is asking to be the top dog... We just want to compete with the shaman, druid, paladin, death knight and warrior. Since we are all classes with multi-purposes, we should all see the same type of progression with gear.

Just for simplicity, a 232 iLvl priest should be in the same area as any other 232 iLvl Hybrid. A 258 iLvL priest should be in the same area as any other 258 iLvl Hybrid. Except, what we are seeing is, as the gear increases we decrease. *Yes, I am aware iLvl does not mean the best item for DPS. I was trying to use a number so the feebles can somewhat understand.*

People that are OOOING and AHHHING about the dps of the paragon kill are fucking retarded. The top dps are rogues yes, but any fucking rogue can do 10-11k as combat when theres like 30230522 fucking adds aaround the boss, killjng spreee fan of knives, adrenaline riush, blade flurry FUCKING GG stop complaingin
    I do not think anyone gives two shits what type of damage the rogues are putting out. Certainly in comparison to a shadow priest. We know they should do more... and we also know how to read their fan of knives nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    You don't see a teeny problem with doing lower than avergae damage in a situation with a lot of adds, and lower than average damage in single target fights?
    I see a problem with people complaining about the dps on a fight that favors one flavor of dps over another. Mind sear and other aoe like it has an advantage when the number of mobs it hits can outweigh the extra single target damage that rogues and dks can do while aoeing. A fight like anub with 4-5 mobs that die relatively quickly is just perfect for those classes who you see are topping the meters. It is not ideal for mind sear.

If you are arguing that shadow priest dps is low, then show me a different fight. This is not the fight to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Too bad these are heroic parses.

No fight is a "shadow priest fight". Well, except for the AE flowers in Freya's room... and the trash leading to Mimiron.

No one is asking to be the top dog... We just want to compete with the shaman, druid, paladin, death knight and warrior. Since we are all classes with multi-purposes, we should all see the same type of progression with gear.
    Right because General, Hodir, Twin Valkyr's and even Freya is not hard to crack the top 1-3 on the meters as a shadow priest. It's not always "OMG THIS FITE IS TOTALY MADE FOR MY CLASS GUYS, WATCH MY MAD DIPS". Yes we have very few fights that our spec excells at, thats why you need to know your classes mechanics and how to use them towards your advantage. Examples: fights with multiple mobs double dot all targets, such as Gormak and the jormungers. Using disspertion (but only if mana isnt an issue) to break out of Icehowls knockback so you can dps more, or use your human racial to get out. The thing is that shadow priest dps is below where it should be but only by a slight margine, people just dont know how to use our classes mechanics to increase their dps. Were not a class that can just focus dps 1 target and expect to top meters like others.

All I see from that log, is the rest of your guild does uttelry shit dps, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Malediction
    If you are arguing that shadow priest dps is low, then show me a different fight. This is not the fight to complain about.
    I guess most people is to blinded to see the actually point of the topic.

When we previously discussed dps people would go "BUT OMG YOU'RE TOP DPS ON YOGG+0 AND FREYA+3!!!", which always was due to us using Mind Sear, as a "overpowered", AoE ability.

Today, Mind Sear been significant outplayed by every other class.

Hence proving the point of we're no longer a top class to bring for AoE, thus it's a valid reason to buff our single-target dps, as we'll not be overpowered in doing both, as the case previously would been in Ulduar hardmodes.

Shadowpriests is rendered nearly useless, as a retribution paladin is better in every single way, and does several thousand more dps. The problem is half of the community who's stuck in normalmode guilds, and like in dollaa's guild, the other DPS is pretty mediocre, they find it hard to see the actual problem.

This results in two camps split up in opinions, rather than experience, and nobody want to actually face that we're not scaling at all with the current level of gear, while all the classes are.

Going from around 5k dps from Naxx gear to around 6k dps in BiS Ulduar gear is not scaling if you get a rogue going from 3k in naxx gear to steady 8k in Ulduar gear.

I don't give a fuck if they're "pure" class, I'm there timing my skills to contributing basically nothing and being dead weight due to scaling issues of my class and inherent inability of nonexisting nuke. I want a fix and recognition already and at least one buff I bring that other 4 classes aren't.

All I see from that log, is the rest of your guild does uttelry shit dps, lol.
    lol I thought you were joking or exaggerating but you are actually right! The top dps is a hunter lolololol
    "FUCKING CHRIST NO ONE CARES ABOUT A DUMB SKANK WHO BRAGS ABOUT GETTING FUCKED IN THE ASS BY HER DOUCHEBAG BOYFRIEND NOW SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND DPS YOU SLUT!" - Random guy yelling on vent to a chick.

I main an Ele Shaman... 'Nuff said.