Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Mind Sear is so OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Malediction
    You fail at sarcasm
    possibly
    Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenalol
    Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenah
    DK - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Weenalol

well from that meter i say ZOMG BUFF DROODS AND SHAYMENS !!!!!!!! NOAW!!!!! INEEDMOARDEEPZ

Fan of Knifes need to be nerfed or at least nerf its scaling.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Snes
    Cause trash dps is hugely important right?
    http://randazza.files.wordpress.com/...1/facepalm.jpg

This is their dps on the BOSS nub cake.

ITT; Timmy casuals who have no idea what the fuck is going on in the anub'arak fight.

The reason the shadow priest wasnt on top of the damage meters is BECAUSE HE DOESNT AOE.'

If you can't figure out why, don't bother posting.

Quote Originally Posted by luthi
    ITT; Timmy casuals who have no idea what the fuck is going on in the anub'arak fight.

The reason the shadow priest wasnt on top of the damage meters is BECAUSE HE DOESNT AOE.'

If you can't figure out why, don't bother posting.
    So what was he doing? Single target dpsing anub? Doubt.
    Multidotting the adds? Doubt, he'll run oom before the 2nd burrow phase.
    He wasn't mind searing? Check the video. When adds where up he was using Mind Sear. Only after 30% he started single target dpsing, the keyword here is Cleave, and partially blizzard/soc.

To conclude, it's half aoe, and half not, his dps would be roughly 8k if he was mind searing till the end.

Whine post is whine. Find a better argument for why shadow priests need buffs.
    We need a better reason than having low DPS to ask for a buff to DPS?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Sure seems that way when you put in half a quote

By the QQ logic in this thread should not warriors and hunters be the biggest whiners? I mean neither of those classes were taken to dps that fight, so it obviously means they are terrible and should get mega huge buffs.

Whine post is whine. Find a better argument for why shadow priests need buffs.
    Complaining about this fight in particular

Itz a womanz for the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinel
    To conclude, it's half aoe, and half not, his dps would be roughly 8k if he was mind searing till the end.
    But be horrible inefficient dps if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Apparently.

This thread seems to be focusing on how bad spriest dps is. And I agree that Spriest AE dps is below par while single target dps is simply awful.

That would not be so much of a problem if Spriest RAID UTILITY was not also below that of a pure dps, and completely ridiculous when compared to what the other hybrids bring to a raid.

Power Word: Void. Is all I have to say about that. Only one void zone can be active at one time. There it is now balanced. It would be awsome to have a void zone as shadow. Or as any priest for that matter.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Power Word: Void. Is all I have to say about that. Only one void zone can be active at one time. There it is now balanced. It would be awsome to have a void zone as shadow. Or as any priest for that matter.
    More like Shadow Word: Void, and having it on a CD and give a dps boost would be awesome!

Shadow Word: Void
    30% Base Mana
    Creates a void zone at the feet of the priest, increasing all shadow damage done by the priest to do an additional [5% + Haste %] damage. 2 minute CD

It helps us in 2 places, it increases our damage and it makes haste more useful albeit, the increase from haste would be more situational.

Is really necessary this much trolling?

are you guys having fun?

take a candy, they are sweet!

When I play my rogue or my warlock, I expect the spriest or boomkin to be in line with the other dpsers because that is why they are there. Doing lesser damage is not justified if damage is their sole responsibility. If they switch to heal or tank for the next encounter or on the run next week, that is when their dps should not come close to the people with the job of doing damage.

There is no such thing as a hybrid in WoW.
    A 'jack of all trades' is defined by its inferiority. If the game were redesigned to include them, they would have no place in endgame or competitive content. Just as when someone tries to spec in a way to create one.
    Playing as my druid and healing while tanking a mob scales in the endgame in a similar way to my rogue one shotting things. In anything that matters, it doesnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagefault
    Is really necessary this much trolling?

are you guys having fun?

take a candy, they are sweet!
    Alright
    /hands candy to Pagefault

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh
    I agree, Shadow is an inferior spec in all ways and should be buffed.

No sarcasm.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by dollaa
    Stfu....our dps is just fine for a hybrid. Please go learn to multi dot more than one target.
    I love the whole argument about "hybrids" and how they should always do x% less than a pure DPS class. Well genius how do you explain the DKs and Pally doing 8-9k? Both are "hybrid" classes.

I think one of the biggest cause of the DPS discrepancy on that fight is the lack of synergy. It's a melee stacked group with an Enh shammy, a blood and maybe a frost DK bringing all the necessary and required melee buffs. Sadly without an Elemental shammy or Demo warlock there's just no caster love. That's not to say that Totem of Wrath would make up for a 3k+ difference in DPS but it would certainly boost DPS.

The fact is Mind Sear was fun and OP in Naxx on the little spider trash but now that CC is actually required for trash pulls like it's always been in raids, it's usefulness is becoming lower and lower. MS isn't bad if you get backed up on the scarabs in P2 but I've found that they usually die much quicker when focused. MS has it's uses on some fights; Freya, Auriaya, XT, Kologarn, but it's very situational. I would trade some of my AoE DPS for a boost in single target DPS in a heart beat.

It's just a shame that my DK "alt" in a little lower gear can do as much if not more DPS than my main raiding SPriest. Welcome to the wonderful world of meleecraft. There are just so many buffs by so many melee/ranged classes that boost melee/ranged DPS and just too few that help casters.

I'm sure that extra 70ish spellpower buff coming in the next patch will fix everything /sarcasm

I'll probably still be outdpsed by my guildie's warlock alt

we really don't need a little more spellpower. Something has to be changed with how rotations work, spell cooldowns, or give us a talent (like eclipse or honor amongst thieves or backdraft or hot streak or missile barrage or king of the jungle or combat potency or etc...) that actually does something. Cause it sucks to follow a complicated rotation and be outdpsed by someone mashing their "1" key the whole fight.

maybe some chance to have an instant cast no cooldown mind blast. mind blast sucks anyway, might as well do something to it instead of being forced to cast it every 6 seconds or so for a possible 10k crit. This has only been recently I've seen a 5 digit number from this, lots of gear upgrades. meanwhile, warlocks see 15k conflag crits and 12k incinerate crits all the time.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by adezero
    I'm sure that extra 70ish spellpower buff coming in the next patch will fix everything /sarcasm
    Tbh I was expecting a fix for 3.2 seeing the direction spriest dps was heading in Ulduar, but nothing happened. And now it's starting to look like 3.2.2 is going to be too little too late. It still takes atleast 1 tier of content for blizz to see a problem and 1 more to fix it. Considering there's only 4 tiers of content in this expansion it's not quite fast enough. If 3.2.2 doesn't bring a fix it's pretty obvious that not much has changed since the last expansion when looking at spriest damage.

Naxx = Kara
    Uld = SSC
    ToC = BT
    IC = SW

But don't worry, Cataclysm will fix everything....for a month.